Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome...They have great selection of wheels....For mounting wheels and tires My only options here are Mavis, pepboys etc...hope they have worked on Tesla's before
Eh I wouldn’t stress about it. Tesla wheels, nuts, bolts are literally no different than any other car’s. They don’t even need jack pucks because a professional tire shop uses a lift, which have built in pads. Pucks simply make it obvious where the lift points are, which again, a licensed tire technician should have no problem finding.

Eh I wouldn’t stress about it. Tesla wheels, nuts, bolts are literally no different than any other car’s. They don’t even need jack pucks because a professional tire shop uses a lift, which have built in pads. Pucks simply make it obvious where the lift points are, which again, a licensed tire technician should have no problem finding.
awesome thanks for your response....As for TPMS I believe we can reuse the factory ones from the original tires

Reactions: TESRP and JaeTheDev
+1, and I suppose there's not much damage an ICE mechanic can do to an EV

When I was young, my dad taught me a trick. Tell your mechanic that you enjoy watching the process and want to learn more about wrenching, and ask them if you can watch while they work. That way you know exactly what they're doing.

I actually do find it intriguing, which is why I worked at a dealership's service department once upon a time during a gap year.

Pep boys and the like usually have open bays, so you don't even have to ask.

awesome thanks for your response....As for TPMS I believe we can reuse the factory ones from the original tires
If you order tires and wheels separately, then yes, you can pay the tire tech extra to dismount your existing tire from the wheel, take off the valve stem/TPMS, and use it when mounting and balancing your new tires to your new wheels.

However if I were you I’d just go buy a set of new Tesla valve stem/TPMS. That way you can keep your original wheel/tire as backup, or it would make it wayyy easier to sell as a complete, already mounted/balanced package.

The flood of MS Plaids is insane - 40-50 released into inventory? Where are they coming from? Tesla trying to make extra profits decided to crank them out instead of our MYs? Trolls ordering Plaids then cancelling their orders? Somebody's idea of a joke? I'm not really looking for answers, but I know the good people of this thread have got to have some theories. Let's hear 'em.

And just so this isn't off topic - how much are these Plaids affecting EDDs? ;)

The flood of MS Plaids is insane - 40-50 released into inventory? Where are they coming from? Tesla trying to make extra profits decided to crank them out instead of our MYs? Trolls ordering Plaids then cancelling their orders? Somebody's idea of a joke? I'm not really looking for answers, but I know the good people of this thread have got to have some theories. Let's hear 'em.

Let me fit my aluminum foil hat on as I write my conspiracy theory…

Lol..

I honestly think Tesla cranks out MS and MY on completely different production lines and these are just spare EOQ inventory models - pure coincidence.

I have been super absent! Lol......hi guys!!! I have 3 hours for talk time. Lol. Things got busy after the VIN assignment.
Welcome back. I’m glad you were able to get busy. I have no VIN and can think about nothing else but why my May 31 order is being ignored. Im terrified what’s gonna be in my head when I get a VIN. I get no responses from either of my SAs… for weeks…. Im starting to think that maybe I farked up my order and all I’ll get is a VIN. A $60K VIN

Let me fit my aluminum foil hat on as I write my conspiracy theory…

Lol..

I honestly think Tesla cranks out MS and MY on completely different production lines and these are just spare EOQ inventory models - pure coincidence.
lol - I was all ready for your aluminum foil hat theory, then you hit me with a curveball! Your theory sounds a lot more like logic. Are you sure Bigfoot isn't somehow involved here? Or maybe some extra Plaids mysteriously showed up in Area 51? I mean, you can't prove Bigfoot isn't involved, can you?

I’m so fed up with FedEx and Tesla. Never in my life have I had issues with FedEx saying something was delivered and it not actually being delivered. Until I started buying Tesla accessories.

two nema adapters were marked as delivered. They investigated and said they were delivered. Nope. They weren’t. I wfh. FedEx never even drove by. Tesla had to send a second adapter out each time.

And now my trade in documentation I need to sign. Says delivered. Nope. Nothing here. I was in my living room. FedEx truck didn’t even drive by. What is going on. It’s only with Tesla. My buddy in CA had this happen to with his adapter.
The only stuff I’ve gotten from Tesla is clearly marked with their logo… in fact, we have neighbors that know we have one on the way because the WC sat on our front porch after delivery for about 30 minutes… I can imagine it would be about the same temptation as a gigantic “STEAL ME, FREE *STUFF* INSIDE THAT PEOPLE MAY THINK IS COOL AND WILL GET YOU LAID” sticker on the outside. Though the paperwork makes me think your address may just be wrong or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Tell me you’re new to this thread without telling me you’re new to this thread.

Lol, I’m all seriousness, we talk EDD but we all got ADD. People post literally whatever people feel like posting that day. We have had “Performance order police”, we’ve had “accessory police” and we sure don’t need “thread topic police”. Everyone came here for the EDD data, but stayed for the fellowship and free therapy. Stay, read, contribute, enjoy. Welcome to our crazy thread!
Right?! Seriously, what is with these mean posts today?? “Don’t spend your money on accessories guy” and now this “join a new thread” dude trying to get rid of our friends all in one day is too much. It’s sad enough that our old friends have left us just naturally after they get their cars, we don’t need this kind of newbie negativity hanging around.

I don’t recognize either of those screen names, so they’ve clearly not contributed anything positive to this thread before 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe they got confused when somebody said @potter287 was the cool girl smoking in the high school bathroom and thought we wanted high school drama 😂

Last edited:
I’m so fed up with FedEx and Tesla. Never in my life have I had issues with FedEx saying something was delivered and it not actually being delivered. Until I started buying Tesla accessories.

two nema adapters were marked as delivered. They investigated and said they were delivered. Nope. They weren’t. I wfh. FedEx never even drove by. Tesla had to send a second adapter out each time.

And now my trade in documentation I need to sign. Says delivered. Nope. Nothing here. I was in my living room. FedEx truck didn’t even drive by. What is going on. It’s only with Tesla. My buddy in CA had this happen to with his adapter.
This is a FedEx issue, not a Tesla issue. I've had multiple deliveries been marked as "delivered". I wfh as well, and there was never such an attempt. Even if I check the timestamp on my doorbell cam. I've not ordered anything from Tesla yet, but I've had both USPS and FedEx mark items as delivered in this manner recently.

Right?! Seriously, what is with these mean posts today?? “Don’t spend your money on accessories guy” and now this “join a new thread” dude trying to get rid of our friends all in one day is too much. It’s sad enough that our old friends have left us just naturally after they get their cars, we don’t need this kind of newbie negativity hanging around.

I don’t recognize either of those screen names, so they’ve clearly not contributed anything positive to this thread before 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
One thing I'll say is that Tesla forums seem far friendlier than other car forums and reddit. People here are remarkably chill and reading/posting has quickly become one of the better parts of my day.

Considering that the plaid wait time was much longer it’s likely there were more cancellations from the initial reservations too when the car was finally ready. Just because you want a car now, you might likely change your mind or already purchase a different vehicle if the car came 1 year from now.

One thing I'll say is that Tesla forums seem far friendlier than other car forums and reddit. People here are remarkably chill and reading/posting has quickly become one of the better parts of my day.
YES!! I’ve found that to be true in real life as well. The little Tesla community in our town has been awesome. Prior to ordering, one guy let us come check out his MY (we don’t have a Tesla Center in our town) and one afternoon, I hung out at the Supercharger here and talked to several Tesla owners as they waited to charge. Everyone was super friendly and genuinely excited to talk about their car. I really like the feeling of community that comes with Teslas.

So yes and no. In my case I paid the $250 for it and then contacted my SA. She said because it was the same spec they could “merge” it. They did refund me the $250. But because the car was in St Louis they did say that I would have to pay to transport it or pick it up there. It cost $500 to transport it. I justified it because when I changed my order from blue to white it decreased my price by $500 so I essentially broke even from my original order so oh well.

I do want to point out that for the last month I have been in contact with my SA and have talked about how this scenario would play out extensively. Not sure if the order fee thing is common or if it was something else, and the order fee was a concern of mine. The transport fee caught me off guard but I get it-ish, but I did break even somewhat and I just wanted to be done with it all.
Just a small update, my wife and I are using this as a end of summer get away and decided to go pick it up in St Louis, so we don't have that delivery charge and we get a little time away.

A very eventful day.