Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure that I'd want a demo (kind of looking forward to seeing odometer with 15 or less miles!). Now - if they offered a discount for a demo model maybe I'd consider but highly unlikely that would happen.
In 2019, I bought a demo M3LR since it matched my order. It has been perfect from the start. And I got a decent discount on the purchase price. (Unlike ICE vehicles, where abusing the engine early may cause future problems, I don't believe a demo of a Tesla is a real problem.)

After 8-days having an EDD Sep 4-19, EDD now showing Sep 11-30. EDD was all over the place in June and July, but settled down a bit beginning July 29 - with of course exception of a couple of October Clubs and Nulls, the EDD has been ranging 20 days in Sep. Was nice have the EDD narrow to 15-days, now bam back to 20 days. September will be the month!

Reactions: Arthur31
30k posts!

EDD has been 9/15-9/30 for at least a week. Today it changed to 10/12-11/1. WTH!
It definitely seems as if they are preparing for the EoQ delivery rush. Many people in here have dates which have been sitting at 9/15-16-17 to 9/30 (including myself) and it seems like they are starting to weed through those and west coast deliveries are staying in that range, while east coasters are being bumped to early next quarter.

Something is happening with EDDs lately. Some people get updates, most don't. It's very strange. My dates held at aug 31 - sep 17 for about a week and now I've been at sep 04 - sep 18 for about 3 days now. I wonder if the dates firming up for some of us means we can trust them for once? Maybe EOQ rush is forcing them to prioritize those of us that have been waiting since Q2? Let's see. I'm not counting on anything.

It was probably unrealistic to be optimistic with May orders still waiting, but really bummed that my July 4 order is now showing a Oct 14 - Nov 3 EDD.

Emailed my SA / SC asking about demo cars.

Also using distill to monitor for inventory cars but 7 seaters are hard to come by.

Reactions: TESRP
I still can’t understand why people are paying for a vehicle they havent even seen or inspected. Crazy.
In Michigan we have to pay before the car crosses the state line. Tesla can't directly sell to us so it's a bit of a cluster, but at least the laws changed enough that we don't have to go to Cleveland to pick it up anymore.

Just got to the point where I am not even clicking all the way Into my order. I just look at the name of it. If it doesn’t say 2021 Tesla model y then I know there isnt a vin 😔
mine didn't change until after I clicked the button just so you know, but I didn't even check the site till after they called and it loaded the old name but when I clicked it went weird and had the vision statement. so I guess what I'm saying is ymmv with the name idk for sure.

hmmm. Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 952C5FA0-0EFB-4A65-A1AB-C57BFD5C65A8.jpeg
    952C5FA0-0EFB-4A65-A1AB-C57BFD5C65A8.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63