Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.
It doesn’t even make sense why they ding your credit until you have a VIN lol. When you order a car from any other OEM you don’t need to finalize financing/payment until the car arrives. It’s even worse for Tesla since it seems nobody has any real idea when your car will arrive.

Picked up our MYP in Savannah yesterday! This pic is probably a lot different than most delivery day pics--we had asked our SC to basically not touch the car at all. No prep, no detailing, leave the plastic on...and they honored the request (albeit not without several [understandably] confused reactions). We tend to keep our vehicles for a while and don't drive a ton (for perspective, I accepted delivery of my 2019 Wrangler in Dec 2018 and have 6,424 miles on it today), so it's relatively easy to keep them looking new for a very long time. And if there are going to be any swirl marks, scratches, or dings...we want to be the ones who put them there. As an added benefit, it also prevents anyone from wanting to take it for a spin before we pick it up (and to that point, the car had 4 miles on it when we got in).

As for the delivery itself, it was so simple and straightforward, it was somewhat anticlimactic. Everyone at the SC was super nice, gave us as much time as we wanted with the Y to review/inspect it, we then paid for it on my phone via Plaid, signed an affidavit that we weren't GA residents, connected our phones, threw on a temp tag, and took off.

As for the quality, there were no glaring issues at all. The back doors require a little extra "oomph" to fully close, not sure if that's normal, but it's on both sides...there are some slightly (and I'm being very picky here) uneven panel gaps...and some unevenness as you run your hand from panel to panel....it's all not perfect, but probably well within spec. And honestly, overall it looks fantastic.

The only real issue I found was when I got it home and really looked closely, I have many tiny specs of rust (I believe the term is rail rust) throughout all skyward-facing surfaces on the paint. Although a bit unsightly, these are relatively easily removable--it just has to be done with care, which I'd much prefer myself to do rather than having someone who doesn't care about my car just clean it up. From my understanding, rail rust actually impacts the top layer of paint and therefore doesn't impact the integrity of the underlying metal surface at all. Once cleaned/remove, proper paint care will be sufficient to ensure there aren't any long-lasting adverse effects. Would I prefer a car that was manufactured on 10 August (basically two weeks ago) to not have them? Of course. Is it that big of a deal where I wouldn't have accepted the car? Certainly not. Do I mind dealing with it myself? It's fine...there will always be small issues...it's a car, after all.

I of course enjoyed the ride back to Charleston. Interestingly, the camera had to "calibrate" through about the first five miles of the trip back before it would engage cruise control/AP. And I also learned it will punish you by not allowing Auto Pilot "for the rest of the drive" if you accelerate beyond the speed limit for Auto Steer (resolvable by throwing it park briefly). Lesson learned.

Anyway, that was our delivery experience. Looking forward to hearing about all of yours!View attachment 701589
Congrats! That hole in the bumper wrap really makes this looks like Lightning McQueen's electric brother...

Yes, I have kids.......

I mean they could allow you to select financing from the get go, but that shouldn't stop profile from being completed, they should say this is your preferred payment and we will complete the application once a VIN is assigned. But now its just this "hope you realize you need to select cash now else your profile won't complete..."
So was this SA someone at the dealership? We did a test drive a couple days before we ordered, the guy was late to the appointment, was equal parts rude and aloof and when we came back he said he had to run to a meeting but asked if we could stick around 30 minutes until after his meeting was done he would like to discuss colors, options etc. I said we had to get back to work (my wife was with me) and he said he'd call later that same day and follow up. That was on the 17th and I haven't heard from him, so not sure what happened. We just ordered online on the 19th.

It really does feel like an information black hole without having someone to ask about this stuff.

So was this SA someone at the dealership? We did a test drive a couple days before we ordered, the guy was late to the appointment, was equal parts rude and aloof and when we came back he said he had to run to a meeting but asked if we could stick around 30 minutes until after his meeting was done he would like to discuss colors, options etc. I said we had to get back to work (my wife was with me) and he said he'd call later that same day and follow up. That was on the 17th and I haven't heard from him, so not sure what happened. We just ordered online on the 19th.

It really does feel like an information black hole without having someone to ask about this stuff.
yeah I think I got lucky with my SA, she was very helpful and told me straight up, we'll switch to financing once you get a VIN the important thing is to get you into the queue as quickly as possible.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Looking through last few pages, this is really a very useful forum and there is tons to learn.

Thanks for sharing all the important details. However, all the anxious wait from everybody now also making me anxious....
Truthfully, joining this forum was a practice in mental sadomasochism. Expect to see others with similar or later order dates get VIN's and then furiously refresh your order page hopelessly expecting a VIN to show.

My advice to anyone joining soon after placing their order for a LR, is to use the search to find answers to what they're looking for (I guarantee it's been asked and answered already) and go on with your lives until week 9-10 then start to get sort of excited for a possibility of delivery.

Another piece of advice, for anyone who recently ordered and is hoping for a miracle delivery ASAP is to set distill to monitor ev-tsla and tesla-info nationwide inventory and not to expect that miracle to happen.

When you buy a car, it is assigned to a human'ish person. They may or may not ever talk to you. This is Tesla, for good or for bad.

Picked up our MYP in Savannah yesterday! This pic is probably a lot different than most delivery day pics--we had asked our SC to basically not touch the car at all. No prep, no detailing, leave the plastic on...and they honored the request (albeit not without several [understandably] confused reactions). We tend to keep our vehicles for a while and don't drive a ton (for perspective, I accepted delivery of my 2019 Wrangler in Dec 2018 and have 6,424 miles on it today), so it's relatively easy to keep them looking new for a very long time. And if there are going to be any swirl marks, scratches, or dings...we want to be the ones who put them there. As an added benefit, it also prevents anyone from wanting to take it for a spin before we pick it up (and to that point, the car had 4 miles on it when we got in).

As for the delivery itself, it was so simple and straightforward, it was somewhat anticlimactic. Everyone at the SC was super nice, gave us as much time as we wanted with the Y to review/inspect it, we then paid for it on my phone via Plaid, signed an affidavit that we weren't GA residents, connected our phones, threw on a temp tag, and took off.

As for the quality, there were no glaring issues at all. The back doors require a little extra "oomph" to fully close, not sure if that's normal, but it's on both sides...there are some slightly (and I'm being very picky here) uneven panel gaps...and some unevenness as you run your hand from panel to panel....it's all not perfect, but probably well within spec. And honestly, overall it looks fantastic.

The only real issue I found was when I got it home and really looked closely, I have many tiny specs of rust (I believe the term is rail rust) throughout all skyward-facing surfaces on the paint. Although a bit unsightly, these are relatively easily removable--it just has to be done with care, which I'd much prefer myself to do rather than having someone who doesn't care about my car just clean it up. From my understanding, rail rust actually impacts the top layer of paint and therefore doesn't impact the integrity of the underlying metal surface at all. Once cleaned/remove, proper paint care will be sufficient to ensure there aren't any long-lasting adverse effects. Would I prefer a car that was manufactured on 10 August (basically two weeks ago) to not have them? Of course. Is it that big of a deal where I wouldn't have accepted the car? Certainly not. Do I mind dealing with it myself? It's fine...there will always be small issues...it's a car, after all.

I of course enjoyed the ride back to Charleston. Interestingly, the camera had to "calibrate" through about the first five miles of the trip back before it would engage cruise control/AP. And I also learned it will punish you by not allowing Auto Pilot "for the rest of the drive" if you accelerate beyond the speed limit for Auto Steer (resolvable by throwing it park briefly). Lesson learned.

Anyway, that was our delivery experience. Looking forward to hearing about all of yours!View attachment 701589
I was wondering if we could ask them to leave the protective wrap on ours, so thanks for the confirmation that it can be done. Did you peek underneath it to check for any damages before leaving the DC?

so two things happened simultaneously this afternoon: i got an email response from Mt Kisco Order Support AND i successfully chatted with a rep on the Tesla website regarding my May 31 order. My EDD is 9/6-26.. The email from Order Support was:
//start
hi Michael,

you have a tentative delivery for beginning to mid September
//end

ok. nothing new but someone DID reply! yay.

I was coincidentally chatting with a rep to ask about my order and here's what i was told:
//start
At the moment there is an expected delivery of around September 06 - September 26. We are waiting for a VIN to be assigned to your order. Once it is assigned, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment.
//end

duh.

I wrote back that the EDDs have been all over the place and I'm trying to plan my life/car. I also wrote that I'm worried about VIN reassignment at the EOQ. he wrote back:
//start
We will be able to provide a more accurate delivery date when the VIN is assigned. This way we are able to fully track the delivery of the vehicle. At the moment, I would recommend waiting until your VIN is assigned to the order
//end

I verified that my profile is complete and there is nothing standing in the way of getting a MY except that pesky VIN.

Finally, I asked if he can see the production queue to verify if my build (MSMLR|Black) is getting on the line. He said he can't see that....only deliveries associated with VINs (which, in case I didn't mention it, I don't have).

So I'm still on the path. Thanks for playing along at home.

PSA to all the noobs who joined: welcome! Let's put up some signatures with order details, so we can all join your waiting party and track EDDs as they bounce around. Let the fun begin!
Yes! And if they want double brownie points, they can put their details under their screen name (where it usually says “member”), so those of us viewing TMC on mobile don’t have to turn the screen sideways 😂😂 it does limit the # of characters you can put there though, so you have to get a little creative

My checkout day on this thread is today, thanks for all the info and support! Car was delivered this morning, everything looks great except the rear spoiler is lifting, put in a support request. Final stats below, will also post my experience in the finance thread with getting the 1.24. Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

IMG_1506.JPEG

IMG_1507.JPEG

Ordered 20-July
Model Y Long Range Performance - Silver/Black - No Tow or FSD
Tesla.com Delivery Estimate: 7-11 Weeks

21-July: EDD Aug 12 - Sep 1
24-July: EDD Aug 19 - Sep 8
2-Aug: EDD Sep 17 - Sep 30
3-Aug: EDD Aug 19 - Sep 8
7-Aug: EDD Aug 20 - Sep 9
10-Aug: EDD Aug 21 - Sep 9
11-Aug: EDD Aug 23 - Sep 8
11-Aug: VIN - 2478XX
11-Aug: EDD Aug 20-26
18-Aug: Delivery Text Received - Scheduled for 26-Aug
26-Aug: Delivered

From order date:
Days to VIN - 22
Days to Delivery - 37

Last edited:
I ordered MYLR on July 2. The estimated delivery was in Sep. So, I didn't bother to check until recently.

Then I ran into this forum and joined today. My account shows a delivery in October now.

Details:
MYLR: Red/ Black/ 19" / 5 seat / tow / no FSD
Ordered 7/2; EDD October; Boston MA
That's my exact build as well. I'm pretty sure we're unicorns for getting red, especially with the geminis and tow.

It doesn’t even make sense why they ding your credit until you have a VIN lol. When you order a car from any other OEM you don’t need to finalize financing/payment until the car arrives. It’s even worse for Tesla since it seems nobody has any real idea when your car will arrive.
If I knew there was an expiration on the financing or that it would take this long, I would have ignored the SA when he said to do financing right away. At the time we ordered, the wait was about 7 weeks so maybe SA expected things to be wrapped up before financing expired but I was not aware of the rollercoaster ride we were about to get on. Of course, now I have to take another ding whenever VIN finally arrives and we redo the financing.

This is the one I'm calling. Not sure what's going on with them, maybe they're short staffed.
I think they’re just lazy. There were about 6 SAs sitting around the Brentwood location last week. One was prepping cars for test drives and one was actually helping customers, but the rest were useless. If it’s any help, they did call me from (615) 661-8025 to confirm our test drive. Sorry if that’s the number you’ve already tried.

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM