Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking through last few pages, this is really a very useful forum and there is tons to learn.

Thanks for sharing all the important details. However, all the anxious wait from everybody now also making me anxious....
haha that is why we are all here! Friendly people to bide the time with and share your complaints, frustrations, and anything else you're thinking about

So was this SA someone at the dealership? We did a test drive a couple days before we ordered, the guy was late to the appointment, was equal parts rude and aloof and when we came back he said he had to run to a meeting but asked if we could stick around 30 minutes until after his meeting was done he would like to discuss colors, options etc. I said we had to get back to work (my wife was with me) and he said he'd call later that same day and follow up. That was on the 17th and I haven't heard from him, so not sure what happened. We just ordered online on the 19th.

It really does feel like an information black hole without having someone to ask about this stuff.
That sounds about right for Brentwood lol

Reactions: PatrickTM
Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.
I switched to Tesla/WF financing last Friday. Conditionally approved with proof of utility bill, which I did immediately. Not humble-bragging, but approval is not an issue. My credit union approved me in minutes, but that has since expired (7/7 Order date). I've been sitting 'conditionally approved' for almost a week now.

My EDD is Sept 21-30, and wondering if they are holding final loan approval until Aug 30th, so the terms cover the last EDD. (oh wait, there are 31 days in Aug...maybe Sept 1)

If they would just approve me and give me my car this could all be settled tomorrow!

Hey guys, so I ordered in June 23, and my EDD just changed to January. What you guys think? What’s the average timeframeTesla is delivering to the Midwest? Anyone know? Because this is starting to become ridiculous
I ordered at the end of July and my EDD just changed to January as well. My pessimistic side says it will probably be February before it’s all done.

I was wondering if we could ask them to leave the protective wrap on ours, so thanks for the confirmation that it can be done. Did you peek underneath it to check for any damages before leaving the DC?
Sort of. We had to remove the rear piece to hang the temp tag, and everything looked pristine under that one, so I figured it was largely good to go. I gave her a bath first thing this morning, and confirmed--all looks good (with the exception of those "rail rust" spots, of course...but those'll be fine). Overall, very happy with the fit & finish. So yeah--it can be done...just be prepared for the odd reactions and even a little pushback (my SA responded initially with: "I could certainly ask for our detailer to not touch it first if you would like me to, however he does an excellent job, it is all hand washed, no machines whatsoever on it. Just him, some spray bottles and microfiber clothes!"). I know, I'm weird...

Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.
I had cash selected since I ordered back in May, and got VIN yesterday. Called today (just called the number for the Tesla Store in Charlotte where I will take delivery) and was on hold for quite a while...probably close to 20ish minutes. Someone finally picked up and I told them I have my VIN and wanted to go ahead and switch to trade-in and financing. He said no problem - asked for my VIN on the trade-in vehicle so I gave that to him and he entered it all for me, switched me to financing, and by the time I got off the phone with him I refreshed my account page and it was all there.

Now I just need to get photos when I get home of the trade-in vehicle and get those uploaded then I will apply for financing.

Truthfully, joining this forum was a practice in mental sadomasochism. Expect to see others with similar or later order dates get VIN's and then furiously refresh your order page hopelessly expecting a VIN to show.

My advice to anyone joining soon after placing their order for a LR, is to use the search to find answers to what they're looking for (I guarantee it's been asked and answered already) and go on with your lives until week 9-10 then start to get sort of excited for a possibility of delivery.

Another piece of advice, for anyone who recently ordered and is hoping for a miracle delivery ASAP is to set distill to monitor ev-tsla and tesla-info nationwide inventory and not to expect that miracle to happen.
Or maybe week 15. Or 16, or 17.

Sort of. We had to remove the rear piece to hang the temp tag, and everything looked pristine under that one, so I figured it was largely good to go. I gave her a bath first thing this morning, and confirmed--all looks good (with the exception of those "rail rust" spots, of course...but those'll be fine). Overall, very happy with the fit & finish. So yeah--it can be done...just be prepared for the odd reactions and even a little pushback (my SA responded initially with: "I could certainly ask for our detailer to not touch it first if you would like me to, however he does an excellent job, it is all hand washed, no machines whatsoever on it. Just him, some spray bottles and microfiber clothes!"). I know, I'm weird...
Awesome. We’ll have a 4+ hour drive home after taking delivery, so we’ve been trying to sort out exactly what we want to do (tape up the whole front end with painters tape, try to schedule PPF over there before we come home 🙈). If we can get them to leave it on, that might save us a bunch of hassle. Thanks for the update and congrats on your car!!

Reactions: PatrickTM
So I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seat, on July 27, and soon had an estimated delivery date of Nov 8 - 28. Today it changed to January! Does this happen often? This is my first experience with Tesla, but at age 75, I've ordered a few cars in my time, and they always arrived when the dealer said they would. I have no interest in picking this thing up in a snowstorm! :)

First off, welcome. Second, do we get snow anymore? Third, it seems most MYLR orders are 90-100 days. There are exceptions, sometimes many of them, but generally it seems as if Tesla has been around the 90-100 day mark. The EDD will bounce all over the place in the next few months.

As a data point, I placed my order on June 21. My first EDD was Aug 16 to Sept 5. Just received a VIN today and the delivery date shrunk to Sept 6-12, so if that holds true it's not really that far off. But the wild swings in between? As they say... fuggedabouddit.

So this is kinda random but a few have mentioned they're leaving this thread, and that has me wondering if they're leaving altogether or going to another thread. Is there a main thread for the forums? I've only ever really been in here and the midwest room so far, plus now one other, and I don't know where to go or where others have gone before lol.

You will see EDD with incomplete profile, you just won't match to a VIN and it will keep pushing out. Been there, I always had EDD but when I called because there was nothing after a couple of months, SA told me my profile wasn't complete because I didn't redo trade in and financing after they expired and so I couldn't be prioritized for a VIN. My EDD has moved less and has been on the same date for 2 weeks now after I did the requested updates.

I just got a VIN today and both my trade-in and financing had expired already. Post VIN my SA did a soft pull on my credit, which a few hours later had me confirming the financing again on my account page. He also had the trade in page reappear on my account page, so that process is once again underway.