Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my vin this morning, 255xxx. Have a question about the below screenshot. If I click "proceed with delivery" button what comes up next. Do I have the option online to update my lease terms, amount down payment, etc or do I have to work with my delivery associate to make any updates. I want to see if I can still do any of those modifications online.

Attachments

• A666341C-1961-474C-9782-6541BD3C532D.png
    A666341C-1961-474C-9782-6541BD3C532D.png
    510.5 KB · Views: 60
2nd UPDATE- Talked to the delivery manager. Acknowledged there is a problem. Offered me a blue, 20'', long range Y. That I could pick up Monday. I declined because I would have to pay the new price. So in short he assured me I would have one by quarters end. The only way to keep my 50,900 price would be either they make from factory OR someone with same exact build(down to the tow hitch) cancels then they could match it to me. We will work something out by quarters end. He did in fact confirm that some how removing my trade in did reset profile complete on July 20th. He did not know how this happened but he can see it in his system and there is nothing he can do on his end. If it gets close to end of quarter he would escalate it to higher. So I guess Ill wait until then.
Advice anyone?
I am in same situation as you are and same location, delivery delayed because the vehicle didn't clear inspection and went to body shop. I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow Saturday and I'm little worried about the outcome.

So I got my vin this morning, 255xxx. Have a question about the below screenshot. If I click "proceed with delivery" button what comes up next. Do I have the option online to update my lease terms, amount down payment, etc or do I have to work with my delivery associate to make any updates. I want to see if I can still do any of those modifications online.
Pretty sure you should accept the delivery but the financial terms are set since you let them hit your credit. Changing anything like the monthly payment/ down payment amount would probably result in requiring another credit application.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Glad I grabbed mine a while back. Install it yourself, it’s not that bad of a project. I did a YouTube video on it to help others wanting to take on the project. Glad you got a charger.
That is my plan, I'm installing 2 feet to the right of my subpanel so it seems fairly easy. Plus a buddy of mine was an electrician for several years and said he'd come by to make sure I don't die. I saw a video on here at some point (not sure if it was yours), but now I can't find it, would you mind sending it or posting it here again? Also, did you use 4/3 wire, if so where in holy creation can you buy that by the foot? haha

• Funny
Reactions: MMurrayGA
I had a delivery scheduled today and SC called that they found a small dent and couple of other small thing that they need to fix so delayed to next week. Is it common for SC to fix car before delivery? Does it indicate of bigger issue that I should consider rejecting?

Question for anyone that’s taken delivery and used Plaid for their payment/wire transfer. How long before the funds actually left your account? I paid last night and my Tesla account page said the payment was confirmed pretty much instantly, but nothing has left my account yet 😬. I already have the car.
I guess they can track the car’s gps and know where to find you 😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: chand and PatrickTM
Pretty sure you should accept the delivery but the financial terms are set since you let them hit your credit. Changing anything like the monthly payment/ down payment amount would probably result in requiring another credit application.
Thanks I am leasing and not changing the term limit or amount of miles allowed, so not changing the financing terms just the down payment Amount I want to change.

Yes you’ll have to call the SA or the 888 number they can switch stuff for you.

That is my plan, I'm installing 2 feet to the right of my subpanel so it seems fairly easy. Plus a buddy of mine was an electrician for several years and said he'd come by to make sure I don't die. I saw a video on here at some point (not sure if it was yours), but now I can't find it, would you mind sending it or posting it here again? Also, did you use 4/3 wire, if so where in holy creation can you buy that by the foot? haha
3/4 EMT with compression fittings and 6 awg THHN are your friends. Don’t use romex, overpriced for this.

Reactions: Nrvna76
You have to work with your SA for any change from this point forward. The financing terms were set back when you picked the car and filled out the financing details. The next step after this is delivery date.

Once the VIN is assigned, can we negotiate with SA on when to take the delivery. The reason because there is going to be turn around time reg loan approval and funding. How long (many days) we can negotiate with SA before SA says that it will be put back in inventory.
I am behind in my reading of posts on this thread, so this may have already been mentioned -- You are likely NOT able to delay your purchase beyond Sept 30th if you are offered the car before then. Keep in mind that Tesla only books a sale when title is transferred to the purchaser (unlike car companies who have, and thus sell cars to, dealers). So, while you may be able to delay deliver somewhat, I doubt you will be able to delay deliver beyond the end of the quarter (Sept 30th). They will want to book the sale of every car that they can by Sept 30th so if you are offered the car before Sept 30th and cannot accept delivery by then, you should expect that Tesla will try to place that car with another buyer.

Multiple people have informed me, including the electrician that I contacted that 6 gauge is within the guidelines for the WC installation. 4 you would need to purchase from a specialized wire/electrician supply shop. Not going to find it in any home improvement stores. I used to have a link but closed the tab. I'll try and find it again.

Got one! I can't wait to have a glowing reminder of not having my car installed on my wall for ~60 days (assuming it takes me 30 days to get it installed)!!
Same here. Though I don't know when it'll be on the wall glowing. My permit has been approved since 8/10 and the Tesla recommended electrician seems to have adopted the Tesla "authorized" CS strategy of keeping the customer in the complete dark. :)

I had a delivery scheduled today and SC called that they found a small dent and couple of other small thing that they need to fix so delayed to next week. Is it common for SC to fix car before delivery? Does it indicate of bigger issue that I should consider rejecting?
I am in the same situation as you are, supposed to be delivered Monday. Still waiting to get the status on the car. I will reject the car if I am not satisfied with it.