Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD is July 20 and EDD just shows as “October”. I am hoping that more of our strong younger extreme speed loving friends migrate over to MYP 😂 so inventory opens up more for older folks like me 😉 Just a joke friends. I do have a feeling though that few may indeed by switching over to MYP because of extreme backlog in MYLR? I was told chip shortage isn’t the issue for Tesla. Is that true?

I appreciate you making this comment. I’m an immigrant to this country (came to US in 4th grade). 9-11 occurred when I was in 5th grade, and since graduating high school I’ve been in the military. As a career Air Force officer (am I even qualified to say that? Jeez I sound old…), Afghanistan has been a constant overarching part of the mission. What’s happening has been very difficult to watch and hear. Something we’ve worked for, contributed to, sacrificed for, our entire careers ending in tragic fashion. Many of my friends sacrificed much more than me, physically, mentally, emotionally. I know there are many other servicemembers and veterans in this thread as well, and can relate. Some left home and gave their lives in Afghanistan. Now the Taliban is back in full force, turning into kinder gentler Taliban (allegedly), Afghans in mass exodus/humanitarian crisis, and ISIS is back.

It’s tough even to talk about at work amongst fellow officers, because unfortunately the issue has become very political and the military by law and by design is an apolitical arm of the govt. So we must abide by that. So it’s been challenging to digest these emotions, knowing that our brothers and sisters deployed are doing their best carry out their orders in a insanely challenging environment. And we continue to carry out our duties stateside and try not to feel like it’s pointless. These are my personal views and experiences of a private citizen, not representative of the Air Force. I hope to share this without being offensive or disrespectful, and ask that you keep all those affected in recent events in your thoughts. Love you guys, have a good night, and enjoy your weekend and enjoy all that we have to be thankful for.
Patrick you guys are heroes!!! Yes agree we need to keep Afghanistan in our prayers. Huge forced error happened there and only a super strategist can extricate us out and also bring some normalcy there. I am now hoping someone in the EU takes a lead and the NATO or something else brings normalcy there. US legitimacy is done and we can only intervene with tremendous more blood shedding and prolonged conflict if we go back. Almost an irrevocable mistake unfortunately. All prayers for a miracle to that nation and our forces/citizens caught there!!

Too early for me to ask this question but any of you planning to get the paint protection thing? I am getting very costly estimates for a full wrap ($6K!!!) and unfortunately don’t have that kind of $$ to spend now. Thinking to do some partial protections ($2-3K). Any thoughts from folks that are not considering spending money on paint protection? It may be a big risk to not get any protection at all right?

Reactions: TESRP
Too early for me to ask this question but any of you planning to get the paint protection thing? I am getting very costly estimates for a full wrap ($6K!!!) and unfortunately don’t have that kind of $$ to spend now. Thinking to do some partial protections ($2-3K). Any thoughts from folks that are not considering spending money on paint protection? It may be a big risk to not get any protection at all right?
while you are waiting for your VIN, shop around your local market. Typically you don't need full PPF or a full wrap.

One thing I noticed is that folks get their wrap/ ppf done asap they take delivery which I don't understand because as with other auto manufacturers it takes atleastleast a few weeks/ months for the paint to completely cure/ harden out of the factory.

Personally, day one I'm going to clay bar and ceramic coat the whole thing, and then in a couple months, around november I'll get a partial PPF on the front and side mirrors - pretty much just the "high impact" areas.

Our friends have a M3 with no ppf, they dont regret their decision but they also arent nitpicjy with cars.
I think a lot of the statements about the paint being poor, also come from a place (for some) where this is their first big expensive car purchase, and they are hypersensitive to it getting dinged or chipped.
Im getting frontal ppf, but a full color change too

We ordered our MYLR on August 12th. EDD initially was Christmas. Then Thanksgiving. Then this week. So, two days ago I called Tesla customer service. I asked them if the car was really coming as soon as I saw on my account and they replied that it is still scheduled to be built in December.

So, today, 15 days after ordering, the car is ready to be picked up in Las Vegas. I have no idea why. It is a white long range AWD with no extra options. If we got bumped up because someone declined their order, I can't believe there were not many others ahead of us in line. It is a vanilla Tesla.

We are puzzled.
Wow - that's a jackpot. Congratulations!

I think it depends a lot on where you live and what kind of driving you’ll be doing. I’m from Colorado and we have two seasons when it comes to cars: winter and construction 😂 so we’ll be having ppf done right after we take delivery. My husband is in charge of the exterior of our cars because he’s very particular about what products to use lol, but I believe he’s planning only to do the partial wrap on ours.

Others on here have mentioned doing some DIY PPF, so that is also an option if you feel comfortable trying that.

😂 full wrap or ppl to me is the equivalent of my grandparents having clear vinyl cover on EVERY piece of living room furniture - all chairs and sofas. I HATED TO VISIT THEM! Why protect something to the point that you don’t fully enjoy it! I’m getting pearl white - wrapping is crazy for me to enjoy the paint. Some say the paint isn’t that good - so why protect it! Invest the money you would have spent and let it grow - save for a new paint job down the road! That’s my plan!!!

😂 full wrap or ppl to me is the equivalent of my grandparents having clear vinyl cover on EVERY piece of living room furniture - all chairs and sofas. I HATED TO VISIT THEM! Why protect something to the point that you don’t fully enjoy it! I’m getting pearl white - wrapping is crazy for me to enjoy the paint. Some say the paint isn’t that good - so why protect it! Invest the money you would have spent and let it grow - save for a new paint job down the road! That’s my plan!!!
Haha 😂 that was funny. Yes olden days folks used to leave the wraps on afraid they would damage the furniture 😂
I am also in the camp of not worrying too much but maybe as others pointed out just focus on high impact areas

FINALLY!! Someone else who gets it.

I've been taking the advice of a few folks on here and not checking the EDD often. Decided to check in this morning, and... my EDD now states January (no date range) :/. I don't desperately need the car as it will be a second car, but we certainly need it by late October/early November when the weather gets cold as it will be a commuter car (not biking to work in the snow/slush!). Let's hope it continues to fluctuate (positively!). Anyone else see this type of push, especially in the Midwest/Chicago?
For reference: Ordered 7/27 in Chicago, profile completed 8/2. MYLR/MSM+black interior. Gemini wheels, 5 seats, Tow hitch, no FSD. EDD popped up showing December delivery initially, then October 17 - Nov 1 on 8/8, then changed to Nov 1 - Nov 19 on 8/14. As of 8/24, it now states "January".
Yep, ordered a MYLR in highland park on 8/10. Started with a mid Nov to early Dec range and now have the unspecific “January” as well.