Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/13 and supposed to pick up next Tuesday. They haven't sent me the final Review Agreements so hoping that happens and doesn't hold things up before I leave for a long Labor Day weekend on Thursday evening.

BTW....if it is good bourbon how dare you water it down with ice! :)
Good point re the bourbon. Truth be told, it’s a single large ball of ice and it doesn’t sit in the glass long enough to dilute!

i’ve been looking forward to going away for a few days with my car but I don’t have it so I haven’t taken any time off. I hope you get your mid May order VIN soon so you can enjoy your long holiday weekend!

I just cant justify the 10k difference. My model Y LR comes out to 57.5 with tax. My performance comes out to 67.5 with tax. For the performance I would have to go buy an entire different set of wheels due to cold climate here. Summer tires in snow does not end well. This is why the stealth performance on the model3 and Y are hands down the best build.
me either - can't justify the 10k+, not do I print money myself... so going to stick to my MYLR even though it's been almost 5 months...

Generally from what I have heard it is pretty hefty, but I can also provide you my real numbers since I was just checking. These may or may not apply to you, and you may choose different levels of coverage.

We have a somewhat recent year Tiguan and a 2012 VW Golf. The Golf pushes up our premium because it was totaled and my FIL bought it at auction and fixed it up, so it has a salvaged AND "not actual miles" title. Both cars are listed as "pleasure" for now since we both switched to 95% remote work. This is about $1020 for the year.

If I wanted to add the Y, it would be $1,800 for the year. If I wanted to replace the Golf (not sure what I will do yet because of very limited market value with a salvage title, despite being in perfect mechanical order) my annual premium would be $1,344

I have heard on here Progressive provides the best rates for Teslas so I plan to get a quote there and can send an update when I do.
@MyFirstEVT I just finished my Progressive quote. $1890 for the year (almost double my Geico quote) with less coverage for my non-Tesla cars

Edit: losing it! I re-read my previous post after writing this, and realized Progressive is only $90 more. Must have been looking at the $1020 amount with the comment I crossed out above.

Last edited:
I feel that pain. Maybe I just picked the wrong time. In the previous breath she was staring into her full closet complaining that she has no clothes to wear and wishes she could just be rich and go to Bloomingdales and have a professional dress her.

Soooo maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Hahaha!
At least she said Bloomingdale and not Nords or Saks Fifth!

Honestly I've tried to be positive for the majority of this wait, but at this point I am pretty exasperated. I really thought I would have a VIN by now.
I ordered about 2 weeks after you, so I get the frustration. I’ve seen so many people get theirs cars, I’m happy for them but also flabbergasted at how these orders are fulfilled. The whole time I was late August to mid September and then last week all of a sudden it’s showing mid October-early November. Like WTH.

@MyFirstEVT I just finished my Progressive quote. $1890 for the year (almost double my Geico quote) with less coverage for my non-Tesla cars

Edit: losing it! I re-read my previous post after writing this, and realized Progressive is only $90 more. Must have been looking at the $1020 amount with the comment I crossed out above.
All I can say is... Be glad you don't have a teenage driver on your policy with two accidents under his belt.

Reactions: BitJam
Sounds like it’s just a numbers game. An extra $1k for clothes, and then the difference for a MYP and you’re good to go.
You must be a divorce lawyer.. trying to get a new client 🤣
I guess I’ll buy a 3P for myself.
This has been in the back of my mind for when we need to replace our second car in a few years.

I grabbed it ;)
Really? Nice! It disappeared just moments after I looked at it. Funny I briefly considered a white one in Raleigh (before remembering I don't want/need a P) but this one was actually in my locale. Congrats!
At least she said Bloomingdale and not Nords or Saks Fifth!
I would say get yourself a Gal who despises clothes shopping and will wear 10 year old clothes with Payless shoes to work.... but sometimes that type of Gal is also the reason you buy an electric car worth more than all the clothes one could wear in a life time. Whoops. 😅