Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this exact conversation with my husband this afternoon. Our Tesla financing expires on the 7th and he said he will let Tesla renew it one time, but if the car isn’t here in two more months, we’re buying something different.

I wonder if I should just take him up on his initial desire to get the P and be done with it 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
In two more months, you'll be at the front of the line. Don't give up. It took me 3 1/2 months (May order).

+1 on Costco. Was with AAA for 30 years and got a ridiculous quote on my M3SR+. For the same (better actually) coverage was able to insure all 3 of my cars (Audi Q5 and VW Tiguan) for less than AAA was asking for just my Tesla. Ultimately was able to insure cars and house for less than AAA was asking for just my autos.
I’m in SoCal, so YMMV
I'm in your area. Costco has been surprising. I'm also a 20+ year AAA customer. And like you, I could insure 3 cars thru Costco for the price of a Tesla on AAA.
Maybe it's just the West where Costco is most enmeshed; apparently some in FL found it much more expensive than Geico et al.

Reactions: TatisJr
I'm about to cancel my MYLR - SA wont respond to questions and EDD has pushed by 2 months again.. Completely frustrated
SA not responding seems to be a fairly regular occurrence.
EDD should just spell out ESTIMATED, a dart board seems just as accurate.

I see you ordered MSM which appears to be one of the least produced colors which means longer times between production runs. You did not specify if it was a 5 or 7 seater, but if 7 seater that just makes it worse :(

Seems most people get their MYLR in 90-100 days. Being you ordered mid July, my estimated guess for you is early november (probably a wrong guess, but as acurate as any EDD this far away from actual delivery). If you have just one of the gerneic months (January), it will update many times before it starts to narrow down into a window that has a chance of becoming reality. Its just how their crappy estimator works.

Hey hey, My MY
This long wait is gonna make me cry
There's more to the account page
Than meets the eye
Hey hey, My MY

Switched from the blue and back to the black
I paid for this, then I added that
For more than a month now, I've had floor mats
Now I'm thinking red, or just stick with black?

.... feel free to add on....
I always hear that Rixton song, “Me and My Broken Heart” when I think of my MY 😂😂

🎶 It seems like we've been losing control
Somebody tell me I'm not alone
When I say

All I need is a little Model Y in my life
All I need is a little love in the dark
A little but I'm hoping it might kick start
Me and my broken heart
I need a little Model Y tonight
Hold me so I'm not falling apart
A little but I'm hoping it might kick start
Me and my broken heart

Maybe some part of you just hates me
You pick me up and play me
How do we call this love
One time tell me you need me tonight
To make it easy, you lie
And say it's all for love 🎶

I pulled the trigger and ordered a MYP last night after having a MYLR on order and the date kept shifting.

After ordering MYP last night, I got a delivery date of 9/11-9/17 and VIN today. Estimated delivery of MYLR is 10/28-11/17.

Now, I have 2 MYs on order and was curious for thoughts on when I should cancel the MYLR.

Wait, do they auto refresh the loan application process without asking for our permission? I don’t even know when will the loan expires.
My husband talked to someone at Tesla finance regarding this today and the guy DID.NOT.KNOW 😱🤦🏻‍♀️😱 he’s supposed to email or call back to let us know. He did say it will be another hard credit pull if/when they renew the agreement.

They don’t even know how their own process works. If anyone else has different information, I’d love to hear

Edited to add: our financing expires on the 7th. It’s 60 days from when you were approved

I pulled the trigger and ordered a MYP last night after having a MYLR on order and the date kept shifting.

After ordering MYP last night, I got a delivery date of 9/11-9/17 and VIN today. Estimated delivery of MYLR is 10/28-11/17.

Now, I have 2 MYs on order and was curious for thoughts on when I should cancel the MYLR.
When you have your P sitting in your garage!! Or maybe the day after that

This thread has slowed down. Some got their VINs for their LR and others switched to P and got their VINs. But they all moved on to happier places now.

My EDD is 10/22-11/11. I can’t complain yet because when I ordered, it was October delivery. I most likely missed this quarter. I wonder what they will include for 4th quarter deliveries.

Hello, no changes on my EDD today. I do have a general question for those that have been waiting a while. Did you recertify your financial stuff after it lapsed at the 60 day mark? I have the approval at 2.49% but wasn't sure i wanted to re-run credit right away or wait until i see a VIN? does anyone know if that impacts anything?

You’re the second or third person to do that and get a VIN the next day. I changed my LR to P on 8/27 and just have a generic 9/1-9/21 day.

Hello, no changes on my EDD today. I do have a general question for those that have been waiting a while. Did you recertify your financial stuff after it lapsed at the 60 day mark? I have the approval at 2.49% but wasn't sure i wanted to re-run credit right away or wait until i see a VIN? does anyone know if that impacts anything?
We’re waiting on an answer from Tesla Finance regarding this and supposed to hear back from them via email or phone. I’m commenting on your post just so I can find it again. Once we know something, I’ll update you with what we find out.

My husband talked to someone at Tesla finance regarding this today and the guy DID.NOT.KNOW 😱🤦🏻‍♀️😱 he’s supposed to email or call back to let us know. He did say it will be another hard credit pull if/when they renew the agreement.

They don’t even know how their own process works. If anyone else has different information, I’d love to hear

Edited to add: our financing expires on the 7th. It’s 60 days from when you were approved
I'm at day 80 and my financing info has stayed the same. Would also like to know what the process is. Haven't seen anything about having to re-apply again.

SA not responding seems to be a fairly regular occurrence.
EDD should just spell out ESTIMATED, a dart board seems just as accurate.

I see you ordered MSM which appears to be one of the least produced colors which means longer times between production runs. You did not specify if it was a 5 or 7 seater, but if 7 seater that just makes it worse :(

Seems most people get their MYLR in 90-100 days. Being you ordered mid July, my estimated guess for you is early november (probably a wrong guess, but as acurate as any EDD this far away from actual delivery). If you have just one of the gerneic months (January), it will update many times before it starts to narrow down into a window that has a chance of becoming reality. Its just how their crappy estimator works.
Pretty accurate summary. If what the SA told me on my last call to the Tesla folks is accurate, then EDD is based on forecasted availability of materials and availability of logistics to a particular DC. Her comment was something to the effect of “if we dont expect to have the paint, we wont plan to produce the car until we expect to get the paint”. MSM absolutely seems to be one of the configs on the struggle bus. That said, currently on Day 87, according to the EDD (which who knows) the earliest I can expect delivery is Day 134…so…yeah…Im not sure the twinkle in my eye and joy in my heart will be there on Day 134.

Mine expired twice as of now. I switched to cash.

Wait, do they auto refresh the loan application process without asking for our permission? I don’t even know when will the loan expires.
Seems that way. Here is the response I received after my inquir.

“We have moved the application to inactive to make sure the loan does not auto refresh once expired. If you do decide you would like to refresh the application, feel free to reach out and we can update the application.”

My SA told when the loan approval expired.

784AB9B6-493F-49DC-8B47-82295EEC4072.jpeg

Added a little flair to the charge port

lol, you're welcome. Could've been worse, I could've gone with...

EDD, how can I explain it
I'll take you day by day it
Who's down with E.D.D?
Yeah you know me.
This here’s a chant
For all the vinless
Wanting our cars
Feeling might winless

Check your account
Delayed E D D
You know what to do
Go for MY P