Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is the last possible moment I can make my down payment? Long story short, due to a tremendous amount of ineptitude on Tesla's part, I am having to make another downpayment for the inventory car I am picking up this weekend while I wait for my first downpayment to be refunded.

With that said, I was hoping to wait until the day of to write a check, but I am seeing in my account that I have to do an ACH transfer. Would it be possible for me to make the transfer on my phone after seeing the car in person? Would the transfer even go through on a Saturday?

I am driving 4 hours to pick up the car, so I want to make sure everything is set up in advance but am wary of handing over more money to Tesla.

Reactions: ConchChick
I like the idea of going solar, but it seems the ROI is 20+ years. And at that, the amount of return is low. When I also ran the numbers, it just didn’t make scense. My power bill in the summer today maxes out at $200/mo. The rest of the time it’s around $110-$150/mo. What‘s your monthly power bill?
Mine ROI was calculated as 8ish years when I got panels in 2015. I had one Tesla at the time. Now I have 2 (though admittedly, we drive a lot less since March 2020...) I'm now 6 years in and have zero regrets. I plan to own the home for a while.

Barely have an electric bill at all, plus we sell credits so every month or two we get $35 or so back, which often exceeds our electric bill. 3 br home, 2 Teslas, pool pump, central air, dishwasher, washer/dryer and we very rarely have a bill.

This is a cool comparison of charging curves of different EVs. What is cool is that you can see that while the Taycan maintains higher peak charge, over 10 mins it gets 126km to M3LR's 149km. Over 20mins they're about the same at 221km vs 217km.

EV charging curves and peaks are fun for nerds like me but I do think the eTron flat curve is best for new EV drivers since it mostly maintains 150kw for the whole curve and is easy to understand. It would eliminate all of the "Why is my charging speed so slow?!?!?" threads where you have to repeat over and over again that, battery SoC, preconditioning, temperature, sharing a cabinet (V2) all impact charge rate.

View attachment 704397
View attachment 704398

Reference: P3 Charging Index: Comparison of the fast charging capability of various electric vehicles from an user perspective - Update 2021 -
Love this! Great data.

Yup, the E-Tron, and pretty much all the Germans have amazingly flat charging curves. That is awesome. The only problem with E-Tron is that it's so thirsty, that even charging at high kW rate it's still not gaining that many miles in range lol

Reactions: PNWLeccy
blue review agreements button is finally alive!!!

Did anyone notice their down payment amount in the lending agreement being $100 more than how much you had settled on before applying for finance and the final payment amount in the price breakdown in your profile?
That's weird. Can you post your invoice, with your personal info redacted? I'm curious.

When is the last possible moment I can make my down payment? Long story short, due to a tremendous amount of ineptitude on Tesla's part, I am having to make another downpayment for the inventory car I am picking up this weekend while I wait for my first downpayment to be refunded.

With that said, I was hoping to wait until the day of to write a check, but I am seeing in my account that I have to do an ACH transfer. Would it be possible for me to make the transfer on my phone after seeing the car in person? Would the transfer even go through on a Saturday?

I am driving 4 hours to pick up the car, so I want to make sure everything is set up in advance but am wary of handing over more money to Tesla.
I remember seeing other last quarter hold off on payment until they inspected it. Then used Plaid to initiate the ACH and drove off with the car.

You can always call and verify that payment at pickup is acceptable. I'd hate for you to drive 4 hrs and not be able to take delivery.

Reactions: snowchains
@ajs847 If it is the $100 order fee, it should not be listed under downpayment due, since that's already paid by credit card upon placing order.
yeah, so the financing agreement doesn't take into account the $100 donation to Elon's Mars charity.

I think everything is fine, but we'll see tomorrow when I give them the certified check.

Random question.

Our family friend ordered a MY LR with 20" wheels but has decided he doesn't want it. It's the spec we originally wanted, except we wanted 19" wheels, but his EDD is 9/12-9/30. If he gets a VIN before we do with our MYP we are considering taking his car.

But... my question is, how would that work? He emailed his SA and his SA of course told him he couldn't transfer his car to us. But I've seen people do that. Any suggestions? We are excited about our MYP but would take his LR if we could figure that out?

I think I'll still miss my STi after (if) I ever get the Y. It's been 4ish years without her and I still remember. And no one acknowledges me when I drive past them in the same car anymore. Why don't the other VW Golf owners give the salute?
This made me chuckle! My husband had an STI, and used to roll up to my son’s preschool, with quite a thunder. The kids were equally parts horrified and awestruck. I always knew when he was a few blocks from home. 😂

I like the idea of going solar, but it seems the ROI is 20+ years. And at that, the amount of return is low. When I also ran the numbers, it just didn’t make scense. My power bill in the summer today maxes out at $200/mo. The rest of the time it’s around $110-$150/mo. What‘s your monthly power bill?

My power bill runs about 200 in the winter, 550 in the summer. New England, especially Rhode Island is known to have extremely high fees for electricity. In fact, most the time, the delivery fee is more than what the fee is for the amount of energy used.

The reason why solar works for me…

1. My home faces a way that it gets sun from sun up to down.
2. Zero obstructions are in the panels way so our offset will be over 100% easily.
3. Incentives galore! Federal and state tax breaks will make our system go from about 42k to 16k out of my pocket.
4. We had our home appraised with and without the system. The system increases our value about 30k.
5. We dont lose power often, but when we do, its always over 24 hours. I dig being able to power the whole house including charging vehicles, still work (I’m a digital Marketer), etc.

It’s a no brainer for us.

Take a checkbook with you- you don’t have to make the payment ahead of time. They tried to get me to use plaid there too but I had my personal check ready to go.

Reactions: TatisJr
Have you done anything with the DCU offer? Did you contact them and tell them you're using other financing or decline the sign the documents?

Also, does your car loan still show up in your DCU account dashboard?
Ok so here is what I did and we will see if this works:

Declined the DocuSign
Emailed [email protected] and asked them to cancel the loan application as I was able to secure better financing elsewhere (which is true...I got 72 months at 1.24% instead of the 65 months DCU offer).

I'll let you know what they say if they reply.

So the SC where I am supposed to pick up from got blown the hell away. Wonderful.

1630614254709.png