Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to give them direct access to your bank account. Your account number and password. I think it's probably okay and you can then change your password but my bank thought it was a bad idea. Maybe they're old fashioned.
You don’t have to use Plaid, there are some threads that discuss how to bypass it. If I recall there is a button that you can push if your bank isn’t among those listed. If you do that you can just enter your routing number/ Acct number.

I did it, it was better than providing my bank password..no thanks to that.

Delivery day today!! T-4 hours and 24 minutes!!

It's a home delivery and they said I can either drive the delivery person back and ask questions or they can take an Uber. Do you think the opportunity to ask questions is valuable? If so, what would you ask?
Unless it’s a long drive I’d drive the guy/gal back. There’s nothing like getting the answers to your questions right away and on the job training is always good. If you’re nice you’ll have a friend at the service center 😄😄.

IMO.

Tom

uh oh, I haven't checked mine yet because I know I'll have something similar and want to be hopeful a few minutes longer. When i went to bed last night i have 9/2-9/19 also in the Bay Area
Ok so I checked and it was not so bad: EDD Change today, +3/-2 to 9/5-9/17 (previous was 9/2-9/19). so it is shrinking.. good sign?

You don’t have to use Plaid, there are some threads that discuss how to bypass it. If I recall there is a button that you can push if your bank isn’t among those listed. If you do that you can just enter your routing number/ Acct number.

I did it, it was better than providing my bank password..no thanks to that.
You're a gem. Didn't realize this. Just tried and yes, it lets me put account and routing numbers. This is the way to do it!!!

Well Delivery Day was supposed to be yesterday but it just didn't work out. For those doing third party financing read on for others. It was just a frustrating day of lack of communication from Tesla (normal), and not reading some fine print on my side. Resulting in hours on hold and no MY in our garage.

So like many folks we completed the order stating we were paying in cash, after we had an actual VIN and delivery date. I went ahead and did my loan approval at BofA. I informed my SA and he changed the order to reflect the change. The mvpa doc was updated properly and I uploaded it to BofA. Here is what I missed, Tesla is not an authorized dealer of BofA. You need to call them and complete the loan directly. I sent the SA the approval letter on Tuesday morning and asked to confirm he had all the documents for delivery on Thursday.... no reply. I got a text from Tesla on Wednesday afternoon asking for a different loan document, I replied to the text asking about the existing approval, no response, I texted again that evening no response. I texted twice in the morning before our delivery appointment with no response. So we show up and of course they need different loan docs to complete the transaction. All stuff I could have taken care of prior to driving to the SC. After calling BofA and spending a horrific time on hold, we finally managed to wrap everything up with them. The catcher is it takes at least 1-2 days to complete the loan on their part. So if you are doing 3rd party finance make sure to have the signed closing docs completed and in hand, an approval is not enough. This is unlike our previous experience using BofA at an associated dealer it took an hour max and we were out the door. So now hopefully everything will be in place for a Saturday pickup.

The car looked very good overall, the detailing job sucked. There was still some water spots and wax in a couple part lines. The car is going in for ceramic coating so they will clean all that up so not to concerned about that, but for a black car they should have done a better job. The right rear door alignment is off a little, the left side is great. Overall door panel lines are inconsistent left to right but overall everything seems good at first check.

At the end of the day I should have read the loan approval from BofA a little closer since I did miss a line about if the dealer isn't on their list please call us. But I am still really frustrated with Tesla Raleigh for not responding to numerous attempts when they could have easily told me days in advance that I sent them the wrong doc. For a 60k car not exactly the best customer service.. end of rant!

Sharing my final chart of EDD dates from Order Day 5/18/21 to VIN date 8/30/21 -- a total of 104 days. The gaps in the beginning are no EDD dates, or non-specific dates like 4-12 weeks, or September. I did get the dreaded October, but it lasted only one day. My initial order estimate was 4-12 weeks. Looking back over the dates, they seemed fairly good from about the halfway point in mid-July. The trend was pointing to mid to late August. Twelve weeks was August 10, so they missed the initial estimate by three weeks. It did annoyingly move back and forth several times which I attribute to parts and material shortages. During most of August, my From EDD was today+1 day with the To EDD being fairly consistent. It was like "any day now", no wait some more.

1630627807925.png

Last edited:
Hello, my unVINned friends. Yes, this long-timer is still here, my May 31 order still sitting with an EDD of 9/11-30. Now 8 days from the supposed start of my delivery window and no answer from my SA or SC. My delivery is to Mt Kisco NY and, as far as I can tell, it's still open for business.

The physically closest SC to me is Paramus NJ but that's another state so I can't play there. Plus, unfortunately, the Paramus location was devastated by the rains and floods Wednesday night and it's closed until further notice. Could be a bit... the windows are all blown out and there was a partial building collapse.

It's possible that the Paramus debacle could impact the delivery of my MY. Why not... another brick in the wall of this shitshow of a waiting game.

Called 888-518-3752 to change registration info - picking up in NOVA but registering in FL. Yep costing a little more in sales tax but time is money and I will have to pay the difference eventually. Going to be living and driving in paradise shortly. Anyone who has already taken delivery want to shoot me a referral code? I could use 1,000 free miles - how about you? I don’t personally know anyone who owns a Tesla. 😂

When my EDD was the same as yours and I received a VIN a day or two after…..but you never know with Tesla.
I hope you are correct, but since you are out of state I wonder if you received VIN sooner so they could to the logistics of shipping etc. for me I'm 40 miles from the factory so my fingers are crossed but won't be shocked if i get bumped for someone further away.

Hello, my unVINned friends. Yes, this long-timer is still here, my May 31 order still sitting with an EDD of 9/11-30. Now 8 days from the supposed start of my delivery window and no answer from my SA or SC. My delivery is to Mt Kisco NY and, as far as I can tell, it's still open for business.

The physically closest SC to me is Paramus NJ but that's another state so I can't play there. Plus, unfortunately, the Paramus location was devastated by the rains and floods Wednesday night and it's closed until further notice. Could be a bit... the windows are all blown out and there was a partial building collapse.

It's possible that the Paramus debacle could impact the delivery of my MY. Why not... another brick in the wall of this shitshow of a waiting game.
May 23rd order here. I think this is the closest I've ever been to my EDD, and the shortest range. Hoping something happens soon, but I'm very prepared to watch everything push back over the weekend.

Called 888-518-3752 to change registration info - picking up in NOVA but registering in FL. Yep costing a little more in sales tax but time is money and I will have to pay the difference eventually. Going to be living and driving in paradise shortly. Anyone who has already taken delivery want to shoot me a referral code? I could use 1,000 free miles - how about you? I don’t personally know anyone who owns a Tesla. 😂
Haha I would love to refer you but my profile says I don't get a referral link until I take delivery of my car!

Reactions: BitJam
Haha I would love to refer you but my profile says I don't get a referral link until I take delivery of my car!
Somehow my referral link is live despite not having my car yet. It was actually live before ordering. I dunno what I did to earn that, but hopefully it doesn't mean my luck will swing the other way on delivery.

Edit: I take that back. It's gone now from my account. It totally was there and took me to an order page when I tried to use it for myself but now my link brings me to a generic page about the referral program. Weak sauce!

Last edited:
So this morning I got an email from Tesla saying speed up delivery by uploading insurance info. So I go to call, but the phone number for the delivery center is for service only? So I email the delivery center that I got off the tesla site, still no word back. Multiple emails to my SA who assisted me on the original order have gone unanswered. I'm just trying to get a straight answer here.