Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Released my hold (4/25/2021 original order date) and uploaded insurance. Waiting to be notified so I can review agreements and complete my profile and join the EDD random date generator game...
First date, seems like front of the line? Definitely wasn’t expecting this quarter.
B139DF79-8C9A-4D4A-8FCC-6800F95B20B9.jpeg

Yeah, just submitted via the app 5 minutes ago. Was on the fence about it, but might as well have them take a look. What do you think, am I nuts? Here’s the passengers side for comparison.
Absolutely not nuts. Aside from cosmetically bothering you, being off that much could cause the door to be rubbing where it shouldn't be, which could lead to the paint getting damaged.

Definitely get it fixed.

I'm currently using Connect American Family auto insurance from Costco. Asked for a quote if I replace my 2012 BMW X5 with incoming MYLR, and found out that the premium will only increase by 11 dollars/6mths, which is pretty good! Right now we are paying 614 dollars/6 mths for 2 cars. I'll definitely continue using them once my Tesla is here.

3 MYPs dropped

Reactions: TheRock23
If anything, I've understated the condition. I briefly had an ad up for private sale of the Raptor and received 6 offers, 4 of which were ridiculous. As in $45-50k. One asked if I knew of an off-road place he could test drive it. Um, no. One of the better offers I had progressed to the point of him wanting to meet to see it but made it a point to tell me he wasn't wearing a mask when driving it with me. That was enough for me to realize I'm not selling privately.

I get what you're saying about Vroom and the market dictating the price, but having them take the vehicle away without getting a check? That's like me telling Tesla, hey I'll take this home and get you the payment in a few days.
I'll admit, I initially thought you were overreacting (to Vroom, not the private sales - been there done that and you get some interesting messages), until I started reading a little:

The one thing I find weird about this is that they have a policy that you're supposed to be able to return a car for whatever reason for up to a week or 250 miles.

I kept reading in a lot of other review and ratings sites and to be fair, most negative reviews I read were in the purchase process. And the ones that discussed selling were that the company became unresponsive BEFORE they even picked up the car. I didn't see any that brought up not receiving the agreed upon amount after the car was picked up.

All that said, there are definitely some issues with the company so just an extra confirmation that you don't need that your concerns are probably well-founded. I am sure people have great experiences with no problems, but theyre a small and growing company and seems like they don't have everything ironed out yet. I guess it runs in the industry.

Reactions: PatrickTM
3 MYPs dropped
One of those listed is my build. Hope it's twin will be assigned to me soon 🤞

Reactions: PatrickTM
Question for those of you trying to nab an inventory/demo car (or have successfully grabbed one already). Are you camping out on Tesla-info? Monitoring with a distill? Something else? My spec has popped up a couple of times, but I wasn't quick enough to grab it. Set up a distill and now I'm getting this message :rolleyes:
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 5.15.34 PM.png

Question for those of you trying to nab an inventory/demo car (or have successfully grabbed one already). Are you camping out on Tesla-info? Monitoring with a distill? Something else? My spec has popped up a couple of times, but I wasn't quick enough to grab it. Set up a distill and now I'm getting this message :rolleyes:
View attachment 704959
I just reload the tesla-info page periodically whenever I'm able to. I'm not in a terrible rush so it's more like a crime of opportunity for me if I find one

I would imagine they move it to the other NJ service center. I think thats an hour south of the current one. I guess I will find out next week.
I’m supposed to take delivery at Paramus as well, according to my SA. Obviously I’m several months out so things will be in flux.

I look forward to hearing about your experience as they work to repair the devasTati on and also accommodate all the deliveries in the meantime.