Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a chat today (first time - I've tried to not be that unruly customer that keeps calling!).

This weekend in a showroom, an SA (not my own, not even my part of the state, we went on a roadtrip) showed me a soft match of early October.
EDD has been holding steady of 9/16 to 9/30. No changes today.
Chatted someone up, they see the same EDD and said they're aiming for 9/21.

Sent a text message to the phone number I received a text from when I placed my order (who knows when they'll respond) asking about the dates.

I'm planning for October so I don't get my hopes up.

Happy for all VINers

sullen for myself!! Booohooo…..🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

OD - July 23
MYLR - red, 20” wheels, white interior, FSD - total with taxes nearly $76K

and here I am waiting like a fk’ing idiot for the car!!!!

EDD is 11/08 to 11/28

AFS - another frustrated soul… 😂
Another red! And you ordered the day before me. I also have an EDD similar to yours of 11/6-11/26.

Reactions: BitJam and turrmoil
anyone notice the MYP estimated delivery on the website is now "November"?

Either EOQ push is over, supply chain or they're getting TX plant up and ready and plan to deliver from there in November.
Or there's a re-tooling for Freemont scheduled for early October for the so-called V1.5 MY. That way Freemont will be producing the same MY as Austin when they begin to produce production MY's (assuming Austin produces MY's with the front/rear castings with the non-structural 2170 batteries).

Or there's a re-tooling for Freemont scheduled for early October for the so-called V1.5 MY. That way Freemont will be producing the same MY as Austin when they begin to produce production MY's (assuming Austin produces MY's with the front/rear castings with the non-structural 2170 batteries).
If you could choose and receive today, the current build or what might be the Austin/retooled Fremont build, which would you choose and why? Assume no new batteries.

Makes the waIt easier for sure. It just looks so alone!

View attachment 706782
Just a note: With your outlet oriented that way, the mobile charger chassis will be above the outlet. Previously that was a problem, but Tesla has solved it by selling a chassis holder. It comes with the new version of its cable organizer bracket (just a bracket to hold the cable when not charging). They are both very easy to install. If you haven't ordered it yet, you may want to do so.

See Cable Organizer - Which has photos showing how they would work with your outlet orientation.

Ahem. So, Tesla really didn't do moderation on their forums. I don't know if the reason was Frea Speach or having to pay somebody to ride herd on the unruly. As a result, in no particular order:
  1. Trolls
  2. Shortsellers
  3. The Truly Misguided
  4. Sock-puppets
  5. People who weren't any of the above, but were notably unforgiving and rough-mouthed.
FishEV had several pseudonyms and ran a sockpuppet or three. Conflated power and energy for a living (kind of like the guy in Indiana who tried to get a law passed making pi, the constant, equal to 3.00) Purposely targeted newbies, trying to get them to call Tesla with misguided ideas. Lots of pump-and-dump from the shortsellers, who would post information hoping that it would be First in the Google searches. Misguided types who had a problem, decided that it was Reason A, and then badmouthed everybody else who said it was Reason B.
And M8Ball was the poster child for #5; right, most of the time, but you didn't want to end up on his bad side.
Lots of shenanigans. While there wasn't a lot of moderation, claiming that another poster had committed verbal sexual assault could get the victim poster booted. This happened at least once.
There were attempts by Tesla to put in some auto-moderation; but then groups of trolls and such would create lots of sockpuppets and pervert the process. And so on, endlessly.
I miss the camaraderie of the vast majority of posters, many of whom were founts of good information with tips and pointers. I don't miss the trolls at all.
As I said, Tesla apparently didn't want to spend the resources on a dedicated moderator or three; they tried various types of automation, none of which worked; and the forums over there got to the point where a good double-digit percentage of threads were where a troll would post blatantly false information, followed by tens to dozens of posts pointing out that it was a troll over there, lather, rinse, repeat. So, Tesla shut it all down.
One can still go back and look over it all if one so desires, but live, it isn't.
So, if you feel like badmouthing the moderators here, don't. They keep the place sane and clean.
Jeezus, that sounds downright awful. At a minimum, it sounds chaotic and stressful. It’s actually been so nice, so sheltered chatting and learning with fellow excited soon-to-be Model Y owners in our little thread here.

Seriously though, for all the folks who regularly participate here, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone’s inputs and stories. I have learned a lot about the ordering/delivery process and EV ownership basics. You guys have such weird corner cases that it brings about questions I would never even think to ask on my own. Like setting financing to cash until VIN assignment? Literally in a million years I would not have thought about that without you all. This thread is the ultimate SA, and much more responsive than any SA (minus those lucky few with incredible SAs). The life lessons/stories and have been fun too. The people come and go, and I’m sure another cohort will “graduate” here soon as EoQ is nearly upon us. I’ll stick around for another cycle or two, continuing to post, prod, learn, and probably annoy of some you If I get opinionated.

If you could choose and receive today, the current build or what might be the Austin/retooled Fremont build, which would you choose and why? Assume no new batteries.
My preference would be receive today. New factory/new model/new production methods, etc. often lead to weeks/months of meh build quality while they get it all figured out. May not be the case in Austin, but I would much rather have a Fremont build for now until all that stuff gets ironed out and they have a year or two of production under their belt with proven quality improvements in Austin. If they turn out to be that much better, I'll just sell mine in a couple years and upgrade :)

I would prefer front/rear-casted updated build but only if it comes in the next month or 2. I'm more interested in getting a 2022 (for resale value only!) which will likely be introduced early October like the last 2 years.

Weight savings from casting would be nice but I don't expect any sig. battery updates for a while longer then I'm willing to wait. Just trying to take advantage of current elevated value of 2018 Model 3 while I can.

I saw few posts mentioning that starting from October, MY will be 2022 model. Is it the vehicles that gets manufactured from Oct 1st or any vehicle delivered after Oct 1st is called 2022. Is there a clarity on this?
It's based on manufacturing date and doesn't have to be starting 01 Oct. That's just what has been observed previously.

When the 10th digit in the VIN is an "N" instead of "M" they've rolled the model year.

I screen grabbed mine so you can see the "language":
490DDC69-3F11-4A98-8B77-D13C5B0CF48D.jpeg

I saw few posts mentioning that starting from October, MY will be 2022 model. Is it the vehicles that gets manufactured from Oct 1st or any vehicle delivered after Oct 1st is called 2022. Is there a clarity on this?
Typically produced by a certain date, not delivered. Last year it was vehicles produced after 10/5/2020 were MY 2021.

As @RowdyMY said, I want a 'N' in my VIN to indicate 2022

I purchased this car out of inventory August 18th. 3 weeks in, who know if I will get the car or not. THREE WEEKS. And 99% the SA wont have anything they can do and the car is gone tonight. This car has been nothing but bad news from day 1. I would rather start over.
That is crazy! For what it's worth, I cancelled my original inventory order because it was nothing but a headache. The same day I re-ordered out of inventory and had the car 2 days later...