Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be cancelled. Waiting on some sort of confirmed delivery date for the new in case of any issues.
I'd hang onto it until you have the car in hand. Thats what I'm doing with my order vs my inventory order, should be picking up the inventory order in about 1 week, but just in case I'm hanging onto my other order, if I take delivery and its all good, I'll cancel it.

It is really not bad at all. Run wire from A to B and tighten the wires between some wire lugs. Two hots and one ground. That’s all there is.

$750+ for a basic install is crazy to pay when it’s such a simple project. The only danger is when you’re playing in the power panel. Just turn it all off before you start and you’re good.
Yeah, I don’t know, there’s a little more to it than that. There’s likely a common leg you have to land as well. Ground and common aren’t really the same inside your breaker box. You’ll have two hots, a common and a ground to connect. I’m not an electrician but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Plus my next door neighbor is a licensed electrician and helped me get mine taken care of. But seriously, if you’re not confident getting your hands in a breaker box, hire a pro…

Reactions: CharlesCastle
It is so tempting to look at the Polestar and not to order one. Last I checked, a few weeks ago, the EDD on that was like 3 to 4 weeks. Like c'mon! That's amazing, if they are actually able to deliver in the stated time frame.
You can order one right now with a $500 refundable deposit and they have preconfigured cars that you can have in your garage before the end of September. Very tempting!

You can order one right now with a $500 refundable deposit and they have preconfigured cars that you can have in your garage before the end of September. Very tempting!
I wish they had a Polestar "space" or whatever they call them in my city, would love to take one for a test drive. But I suspect we'd still end up getting the Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and I received a call today to confirm my home delivery. When I called back, they put me on hold to confirm the inspection of my car went well.

Was put on hold and when they came back, they informed me that it was damaged during shipment. A small dent on the hatch. They are determining if they have the parts or can repair before delivery, or I'll have to schedule a repair.

Anyone else experience something like this?

1. I think there is an unwritten law of threes in home improvement, that no matter how small the job, it requires at least three trips to the Home Depot to complete the first time you attempt something.

Yes, every time.

I see a lot of -ve energy flowing on the forum today about self installing wall connector, which could be good for me :)

I am still in planning stage and already done with 2 rounds to HomeDepot. I have decided not to start without VIN. My installation is going to be little complex as I want to fix it on the opposite wall, which is alright, just running conduits, but major issue; we had chosen to include garage for the exterior walls spray foam insulation at the time of construction (Here in Texas! we had wood working interest, we thought winter shouldn't stop us. The garage is so hot most part of the year, even early hours, heat never gets out and then there two ICE engines radiating heat when they are back in the evening, we had no idea). Anyway, now I have to cut open the dry wall on top of breaker box for running new line, can't see bunch of cables on the back, because there is spray foam. I have Installed/replaced electric box inside home on interior walls, that's the only electrical experience I got.

I am still deciding on the wall connector, I will mostly give up and let a professional handle it.

lol, I'm a guy and I'm still hiring someone. The older I get, the more I realize not only is there value in hiring a pro for their expertise, there's value in hiring a pro just for the simple fact that it's not me doing it. It's not me making minimum 3 trips to Home Depot (1.) to get the stuff I didn't realize I needed, or got the wrong size of. It's not me uncovering all of the weird *sugar* the previous owner might have done and having to figure out how best to move forward.

1. I think there is an unwritten law of threes in home improvement, that no matter how small the job, it requires at least three trips to the Home Depot to complete the first time you attempt something.
Exactly this for me. An electrician that I know is installing a coworkers charger for $600, from the basement through a concrete wall all the way across the garage, parts included (not WC). Mine is right next to my garage subpanel, I’m sure whatever price he quotes me will be reasonable and allow me to get other things done that I am less likely to screw up or overspend at the 3rd trip to the store. 🤣

Exactly this for me. An electrician that I know is installing a coworkers charger for $600, from the basement through a concrete wall all the way across the garage, parts included (not WC). Mine is right next to my garage subpanel, I’m sure whatever price he quotes me will be reasonable and allow me to get other things done that I am less likely to screw up or overspend at the 3rd trip to the store. 🤣
What city?

So... I am the one that snagged this model this morning! I got sick of refreshing my current order and with longest EDD date of Nov 7th, I thought 'F*** IT'. This was my config except Blue instead of Midnight Silver, which was my second choice anyway. C'mon team blue!

Profile complete, new lease agreement arranged, VIN assigned, new EDD 19-22 Sep 🤪
Nice! I saw it pop up this morning. If it would have had black seats I woulda tried to snatch it! I saw my exact build pop up this afternoon but I was too slow. The LRs go so much faster than the P unless they are in Hawaii hah.

Did you get an impression that SA knows better than what's on the site. So far, none of the folks SA, folks at my DC, another DC, on the phone gave me any addln information than what I know except one case and it turned out to be grossly wrong. This give me impression that they know jack sugar 💩:mad:
I don’t think they can see much more than we can, but what led me to believe they might have at least an ounce more is that he said he saw my date was Nov. 4th which is right before my current window. Either way, whatever they see changes too bc he definitely told me last month I’d get it in October.

Hello my lovely VIN seekers. This May 31 orderer is now over 100 days waiting with an EDD this month. I’m now 2 days away from my delivery 9/11-30 range while solidly maintaining my grip on VINlessness!

I’m refreshing my screen less. It’s part of the 10 step program that could lead me to, say, a Polestar 2.

Nu?
Vin Vin Vin Vin Vin.....