Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is finally repaired (it needed some repair before delivery) and ready to be picked up tomorrow. Does anyone who picked up in MA know if you can pay while picking up or after inspecting with ACH . Since it was repaired i am little hesitant to pay before looking at it.
I picked up in Dedham and used Plaid after I inspected (same day as Delivery)

FWIW, I had front mudflaps and PPF on rear wheel fenders.

FWIW2: in MA you’ll need to take the car to be inspected for Mass inspection within 7 days of delivery. The irony of going to a gas station to do a state inspection…

What is the spec on that? Is it white exterior black interior? My ViN is within 15 of that, probably built the same day.
White/black MYP. See below.
37084742-9DAA-4A4D-ADE5-617A66B33F41.jpeg

Attachments

• F146BED0-F3E7-42FD-84A3-0D9D324E1982.jpeg
    F146BED0-F3E7-42FD-84A3-0D9D324E1982.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 601E7E5A-2CC8-42E3-9144-EC2EE4139ACA.jpeg
    601E7E5A-2CC8-42E3-9144-EC2EE4139ACA.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 58
Just received my VIN!

My EDD is still unchanged at the moment Sept 18-30.

I am utterly shocked, my SA assigned to me ignored my request for an order update so exactly 2 weeks ago I was told by a SA in an out of town showroom they saw on their end my car being built end of October for early November delivery... and that my profile completion date was 7/11 and that was when I was put in the order queue (I concluded this was my trade in odometer renewal glitching on the website when I submitted it causing this) but my order agreement showed my original order date of 6/9 all along.
Wow that is awesome! I had a similar experience - SA this past weekend (also out of town) saw my "soft match" date was early October, so likely an October delivery. I called the service center where I placed my order and they said I should be on track for right at the end of this month. Dunno which date to listen to, but I'll take your experience as a good sign...hopefully.

Reactions: Ray8
I appreciate the opinion and is part of the reason I posted here. I'm battling with wanting the car asap and wanting the best version of the car...

If they are truly going to replace the entire hatch, I feel like that's better than a repair with paint touchup, but I'm not sure if I'm just telling myself that.
You now have the excuse to potentially get the new build if you're willing / able to wait.
See what you can weasel from them about what the replacement window might be.
Then decide.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Only 8% of July and August MYLR orders have VINs as of 2 days ago, at least according to the spreadsheet, which is way lower than M3 orders from the same period. I ordered a M3LR on 8/19 and it is being delivered 9/21. A boatload of M3 orders are getting VINs and DDs right now, but not MYLRs. It looks like they are pushing MYLR production to Q4 or later which would align with the new casting process and the ramp up at Austin. I'm starting to think that they are trying to use up all of the older Y casting design parts and are now getting to the point of flipping over the the new casting process. This would explain the tapering off of MY deliveries this quarter and the shift to a much higher level of M3 deliveries as the older Y casting parts start to dwindle. Any remaining MY resources are being put into MYP production because it's higher profit. I think once we get past this EOQ push, they will shift to the new casting process at the beginning of Q4 and MYLR production will pick back up. But then again, I have no crystal ball.
can't say this doesn't make sense. Just no way to really know.

Just picked up my MYLR5 in KCMO. Super easy and quick. Looked it over real fast and couldn’t find anything that looked like it was worth complaining about, so drove it home and it’s in the garage looking pretty. On the freeway I passed a car doing about sixty and punched it. Sixty to ninety was a bit unsettling actually and it’s just a LR. Never had a car that quick and I’ve had some fast cars in the past. The performance Y has to be a beast. I’ll post some pics later. Good luck to all that are still waiting, your time will come.
I'll be picking up my MYLR7 in KCMO in 2-3 months based on my current EDD. Glad to hear your delivery process went well.

I know I'm starting to get closer (hopefully) to my EDD and pickup.

Since I have a trade, I decided to take my sportbike to the Devon, PA location where my pickup is to be. (Why risk putting 100+ miles on the car thats to be traded just to stop by and give them a reason to knock a few bucks?) Saw a new trailer of 3s and Ys coming in so there will be a few more lucky people with deliveries. I was very surprised that I ran into my same SA who let me test drive the Y at the King of Prussia mall AND having him actually remember me too (he mentioned specific details of our conversation.) It was a very pleasant surprise.

After just taking little tour of the place and verifying my order is still setup correctly, I got to say, this wait for me is like being locked in a room in solitary and you begin to hear the voices of doubt. I'm not sure if I should listen to that voice in my head saying, maybe I should try a M3 out?

So...

Thats what I did today. It was just as fun as my first Y test drive, just a little lower but not that much. I used to have an Audi A5 and that felt so low like I was two inches from road rashing my butt. With the 3, I did like being able to see out the back with the rear mirror and I do like the Sport 19" rims better on the 3 than the Ys 19" Geminis. But damn, losing that taller cargo space and some practicality... Not sure if I'll regret losing space for something that is nearly the same car without it.

And to add salt to the wound, the SA said it would only be like a $300-$500 increase than my current order if I do find one out there (due to price increases to orders and the car itself.) Insurance for me is a little higher on a 3 than the Y w/ Progressive. All in all, its close enough to level for me.

Going to let the weekend go until I make a decision. If, in the mean time, I do get the Y VIN, the question will be answered then.

BTW, do the 3s come with Bio Defense mode now? I didn't see it on the 3 tester I tried.