Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called Tesla again today since two weeks ago they told me my VIN should come within…two weeks.

I got a totally different answer this time. Instead of “ignore the EDD, you should take delivery around the end of September”, I got “all I can see is your current posted EDD of 10/31-11/20.” It’s so frustrating to call the same number two weeks apart and get two wildly different answers.
Second answer sounds about par for the course

Reactions: ConchChick
Pickup today was a success!

Ordered May 8th - picked up today, exactly 18 weeks from order to delivery. Longest 18 weeks ever...very painful wait, but that's in the past now and I have my MY!!

Overall car was in great shape. They were super busy and were delivering a ton of cars today. I had a trade in which was a piece of cake.

They pulled the car up for me to inspect and never rushed me at all. I checked it over and the exterior was great. No issues. Beautiful blue with white interior. The sub-trunk cover is kind of messed up - the handle is damaged and the carpet had some weird damage. I pointed it out and the person helping with deliveries went to go find another one but there were no other 7 seaters there and none in stock to switch it out. So we made a service appointment in the app and mobile service will swing by my office on Wednesday to swap it for a new one, and will install Homelink while he is there 👍🏻

Other than that, the car is beautiful. I'm so happy to finally have it after 126 days of waiting.

Here it is at delivery:

View attachment 708266

View attachment 708267

Got it home (110 Mile drive - feels great on the highway - quiet and smoother than my Model 3) and installed mud flaps, floor mats, took off the wheel covers and installed the hub and bolt covers, and will install the screen protector and other odds and ends tomorrow.

Monday appointment scheduled for full window tint and front and PPF.

Looks beautiful in the garage next to the M3. Feels amazing to be fully electric and never have to worry about gas again! Couldn't be happier and I know all of you still waiting are struggling to hang in there, but if I can wait 126 days you can too!

View attachment 708269View attachment 708275
Congratulations!! 🎉

I'll be on the lookout for that sweet ride in GVL!!

@turrmoil it was @Yankees who did the interior with the ceramic coating. If they’re still active on TMC, maybe they can give us an update on how it’s holding up. I’m curious as well
It's only been one and a half months but hitting 2,000 miles tomorrow (yea, we're heavy users, this is a kid hauler). Absolutely ZERO issues, I wear jeans and black shorts and my wife wears various colored clothing, we're not seeing any kind of transfer of any kind with the ceramic applied. I did two coats and went heavy on high usage areas, including all spots where you rest arms/elbows. Nothing in the back either where we have two kids under 10. Loving the white!

It's only been one and a half months but hitting 2,000 miles tomorrow (yea, we're heavy users, this is a kid hauler). Absolutely ZERO issues, I wear jeans and black shorts and my wife wears various colored clothing, we're not seeing any kind of transfer of any kind with the ceramic applied. I did two coats and went heavy on high usage areas, including all spots where you rest arms/elbows. Nothing in the back either where we have two kids under 10. Loving the white!
What kind of ceramic did you apply?

When you say "you really have to have something to cover up the center hub...", I hope you mean that "aesthetically speaking, it looks very nice to have a center cap."

Because no, you do not have to cover up the center hub. It is 100% aesthetic, not functional at all.
Right! I wasn’t suggesting it was some kind of state law or anything. :) Then again, Kansas has some pretty stupid laws on the books. I should have said “ if one doesn’t want to look like a dork, they have to cover up their center hub “.:p

Awesome!! That’s great to hear! Glad you love it and thanks for the update!

So I called Tesla again today since two weeks ago they told me my VIN should come within…two weeks.

I got a totally different answer this time. Instead of “ignore the EDD, you should take delivery around the end of September”, I got “all I can see is your current posted EDD of 10/31-11/20.” It’s so frustrating to call the same number two weeks apart and get two wildly different answers.
I called too. Same response. It looks like they changed their scripts.

today I got an email from the Mount Kisco order center, inviting me to attend a virtual tesla introductory seminar. I followed the link and signed up for a 30 minute session that is offered every Tuesday at 6 PM. I am going tomorrow night. The process is run through eventbtite, which is kind of surprising for a company as large as Tesla.

with my own research online plus the incredible value and lessons I have learned in this forum, I don’t expect to learn much at the 30 minute tesla seminar. I will let you know.

What ceramic did you use?

Congrats on the success! What brand of ceramic coat did you use?

This is why i dont call for update status. It feels even more disappointing when they tell you what you what you want to hear rather than just telling you the truth…

What kind of ceramic did you apply?

What ceramic did you use?

Congrats on the success! What brand of ceramic coat did you use?
I used GYEON Quartz. The car had ~10 miles when I applied it, did pretty intense prep first even though the seats were "new" — doesn't matter what you use if it doesn't have the chance to bond well, so prep is the most critical step. I did wheels-off ceramic on the wheels, that was a major undertaking, again prep is the most critical step and to get the prep 100% perfect on wheels is very time consuming (also on "new" wheels — I did the interior + wheels before we actually drove the car).

I have also since done Tint & Full Front PPF and shot a video in 4K, if y'all interested I can post it.

Last edited:
I used GYEON Quartz. The car had ~10 miles when I applied it, did pretty intense prep first even though the seats were "new" — doesn't matter what you use if it doesn't have the chance to bond well, so prep is the most critical step. I also ceramic coated the wheels, that was a major undertaking, again prep is the most critical step and to get the prep 100% perfect on wheels is very time consuming (also on "new" wheels — I did the interior + wheels before we actually drove the car).

I have also since done Tint & Full Front PPF and shot a video in 4K, if y'all interested I can post it.
I’d love to see the video if you want to post it!

I used GYEON Quartz. The car had ~10 miles when I applied it, did pretty intense prep first even though the seats were "new" — doesn't matter what you use if it doesn't have the chance to bond well, so prep is the most critical step. I did wheels-off ceramic on the wheels, that was a major undertaking, again prep is the most critical step and to get the prep 100% perfect on wheels is very time consuming (also on "new" wheels — I did the interior + wheels before we actually drove the car).

Please do post, maybe I’ll give the interior a try, if it’s not too labor intensive.