Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Ksingnil: Welcome to the forum. I just join the forum today myself... This was the advice the SA gave me when I first sign-up: No matter what your intention how to pay for your car, always indicate that you will pay cash at first. The reason being, the Tesla's operation tend to release the VIN to the cash buyers first (for the obvious reason - cash is king - the bath of the least resistance...etc). If you finance your car with Tesla, then of course you'd have to tell them in advance. However, I do not believe finance with Tesla will gain you any benefit. And if you finance with a third party then it would be the same as you pay cash, so long as you could come up with the payment at the time of delivery....
Thank you so much so very very helpful answer

FYI there's a ton of demo MY with small discounts on Tesla website right now ... if anyones interested.
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 10.26.34 PM.png

FYI there's a ton of demo MY with small discounts on Tesla website right now ... if anyones interested. View attachment 711687
Saw a lot, and a few that match my specs, in my color and an alternate one, but not willing to get a driven car. Most have over 2000 miles on them. Can't justify the cost on a driven car, as I have seen the condition of the two I test drove. I would rather wait. I have a car right now, and my brother will have a M3 in a week or so. I will use his car, if I sell mine, while waiting for my MY.

OD: 9/7
EDD:9/20-9/30
No vin yet
MY Performance white exterior/white interior/no tow

reading all the comments in this thread makes me nervous about delivery this month ... seems to good to be true.
I originally ordered an all black everything MYLR 8/27. I switched to an MYP in MSM this past Friday 9/17 and the next day my EDD went from 12/22-1/11 to 9/20-9/30 with a vin assigned. Then suddenly my EDD changed to today 9/19-9/23 so the situation can escalate rather quickly and leave you scrambling like me today trying to find my stupid title for the trade in, secure financing, etc.

I have high hopes for you… hang in there! My baby is being delivered tomorrow… so excited!

I originally ordered an all black everything MYLR 8/27. I switched to an MYP in MSM this past Friday 9/17 and the next day my EDD went from 12/22-1/11 to 9/20-9/30 with a vin assigned. Then suddenly my EDD changed to today 9/19-9/23 so the situation can escalate rather quickly and leave you scrambling like me today trying to find my stupid title for the trade in, secure financing, etc.

I have high hopes for you… hang in there! My baby is being delivered tomorrow… so excited!
Thanks!
I even chose to pick up from the factory so I hope it can speed things up a little .. sounds like it's kinda random and really depends on what they have in stock.

FYI there's a ton of demo MY with small discounts on Tesla website right now ... if anyones interested. View attachment 711687
I just noticed that too. I've checked inventory for weeks, and this is the first time anything has popped up - and it's 50 cars all at once from the Bay Area. Makes you wonder what's going on - getting ready for an updated model perhaps????

Reactions: loggedout
I just noticed that too. I've checked inventory for weeks, and this is the first time anything has popped up - and it's 50 cars all at once from the Bay Area. Makes you wonder what's going on - getting ready for an updated model perhaps????
It's the end of quarter. In addition to manufacturing and trying to ship vehicles out of Fremont, they're going to sell each and every existing vehicle they can in order to boost sales numbers. Then a few weeks into October, showrooms will have vehicles once again.

What did you get? I have a pretty serious addiction as well.
All the things lol
Tesmanian mats (interior and exterior)
Way to much vinyl
Cf mirror caps
Mudflaps
Ppf for trunk
T e s l a letters
Seat back covers for both rows
Seat protector for car seat
Key fob
Cupholder inserts
Door inserts
Storage bins
Screen protector
Rim blades

I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of while laying in bed

There is an exact car like mine, a demo one, but am I crazy to leave it since it has a bit over 2k miles on it?
Also can FSD be removed from them or no? That's the big difference.
I've been told it can be removed. It's all up to you for the miles. Feels like a lot though.

I see an invertentory of what I ordered too! Less than 50 miles. But my wife can't make the 2 hour drive because we have a newborn.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Um. I’m picking up the car Monday after next. As far as payment goes, the web site said Bank Transfer or buy on time, and specifically disallowed Cashiers Checks. Recent change?
I guess I can let you know after today, when I show up with my cashier's check

If what you are saying is true, I guess you can show up with cash.