Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A full 3 weeks with the same EDD. This is a first. Kinda hoping it’ll move back into October as originally promised when I ordered. Last rep I spoke with instilled confidence in me, saying I’ll most likely get it in October since he’s seen orders slightly before my OD starting to get their VINs in my area. I feel like they’re programmed to instill confidence tho. 😐

Well gang my time in the current delivery times forum is finally up. Got my car on Sept 18th (surprise, it was as the SC when I went to have someone update my loan info after I got my vin). The car is great. Even found out how to log into you tube tv ( already have a sub to the service) to watch live NFL on Sunday night sitting in the garage while playing with all the settings. Original order was May 25th, with vin on the night of the 16 morning of 17th (midnight vin delivery!) and car a day and a half later. 116 days from order to delivery. Good luck to everyone, and I hope Tesla speeds up manufacturing and closes the delivery windows to much less than us 100 day club members went through. I am sure you will all get your cars. Happy Driving!!
Congrats, glad everything went smoothly! How was the Rocklin SC? Were there a lot of deliveries while you were there? I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow since it's only 10 minutes or so from where I am and I haven't gotten any updates from my SA (of course).

Have so much fun with your MY! Glad the wait is finally over for you.

I also ordered in June, the 20th. My EDD has been 10/15 - 11/04 for almost 3 weeks. The only time it’s been consistent has been these last 3 weeks. Prior to that it would literally change everyday. And it was almost always early to mid September.
Interesting, I am too taking delivery in Brooklyn and have the same EED dates. Same experience as you with the change of delivery dates. Guessing we will be taking delivery around the same time here in Brooklyn based on your order date and current EDD.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
Falkor has landed! A few minor issues, some dirt on the 3rd row seats, a panel gap on the interior rear door, and the small gouge on the front fascia. I had to drive almost 100 miles but made it to my brothers house before hitting that and submitted my ticket for service.
94AED349-7368-4370-BA48-666F8CED453A.jpeg
A3F97D9C-8316-434C-B433-429E9942AC38.jpeg
A929E414-6270-4D4A-978F-38B6D30A2AC7.jpeg
20160F84-3C10-4406-B55C-AE591284721C.jpeg

230xxxx I hope it’s not trashed. I’ll reject it if it’s horrible and they can’t fix it.

Yeah, I saw one this morning and jumped on it as well.
My inventory demo car was 230XXX as well; was built in mid July. I am very happy with my car- I have noted no issues as of yet. Actually today I found there was dash cam footage from before I received it- I watched expecting to see someone gun it at least once.... but I was disappointed

Reactions: Reebles
I completely agree with your logic here that it should be easy, but I’m too nervous to recommend a change. I just noticed a Reddit post stating that they downgraded wheels from the 20” to 19” and their EDD updated from December to March. Wheels should be the easiest thing to change, I’d think, other than a software upgrade like FSD or something.
May not be an intrinsic part but wheels are major components and most probably sourced from a third party, same goes to the hitch even though it could be SC installed. It is unlikely they got surplus wheels/hitch. If these are open for change their entire( or even part of) production and procuring plan need to be run much frequently leading to more EDD shifts; resetting the order is much cleaner solution.

After the order I had second thoughts, induction look better, but I will never dare change anything, why take risk, no one knows for sure.

Reactions: BTVev and PatrickTM
VIN assigned this morning (266xxx). EDD 09/23-09/27. Slightly older VIN. Any way to figure out why it was rejected, if that’s the reason?
Similar thing here, got VIN 265xxx this afternoon. Car was already in Cleveland (for MI delivery). My guess it’s a car someone else couldn’t take by EOQ, probably similar for you as well. A rep called and asked multiple times if I’m sure I could take delivery by the 30th

I know someone earlier commented the same and you recommended they "stay away" with negative comments, but in my experience, I haven't seen a person have a vehicle leave a factory without having a VIN assigned.

This isn't negativity, it's just my observation. I hope I'm wrong and that you'll have a VIN today or tomorrow. But logically, how would your SA know you had a vehicle leaving the factory if there wasn't a specific vehicle to track (i.e. a VIN)?

But if you indeed have a vehicle leaving the factory, then yes a VIN should be imminent and hopefully today or tomorrow. It's just strange that they wouldn't give you your VIN now. They normally don't assign VINs once it's arrived at the delivery center.
Thank You! That's all I was trying to say. They kept pushing my ship date by a day for good 6, 7 days in a row and finally pushed me out a month. My SA told me as well like it's saying its leaving Fremont facility tomorrow but you would have VIN before it really leave the facility. There's no way to track it without having a VIN. Just because it's something you don't wanna hear doesn't mean it's negative. Nobody's gonna get anything from someone not getting their car. Oh well!

Thank You! That's all I was trying to say. They kept pushing my ship date by a day for good 6, 7 days in a row and finally pushed me out a month. My SA told me as well like it's saying its leaving Fremont facility tomorrow but you would have VIN before it really leave the facility. There's no way to track it without having a VIN. Just because it's something you don't wanna hear doesn't mean it's negative. Nobody's gonna get anything from someone not getting their car. Oh well!
Yeah for sure, I feel ya lol. You gotta know what you're looking for/tracking from the factory. If there's a vehicle that an SA can track from the factory, then it's gotta have a VIN...and the customer would have it in their account. But hey, just gotta hope everyone gets their car!

Scheduled to take delivery Saturday, September 25th at 4pm (earliest possible time I could take delivery). VIN series 268XXX. Called the service center in Savannah where I’ll be taking delivery and they told me it’s on the truck slated to arrive Saturday but it could be sooner.

What’s the possibility of delivery a day earlier? I’m supposed to be making a big 1500 mile round trip this weekend and I’d much rather leave Friday straight from the SC than be a day late and have to rush back. Had the trip planned for a while and delivery just happened to fall on the day I’m supposed to be in Delaware. Planning on emailing the service agent I’ve been coordinating with to give me any updates as well.