Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I got that text last week as well and replied September. Yesterday at 5:17pm I recieved the following text message from
the same phone number. Not sure what it means, if anything.

“Hello! Congratulations on your new Tesla order! In order to better prepare you for delivery day and get you more comfortable behind the wheel of your Tesla, we have designed a virtual group orientation you can sign up for below! During this orientation we will cover: Charging, Basic Operations, Autopilot, and more! To sign up for this optional orientation, please follow this link: “
"Virtual group orientation"? What the hell does that mean? All instructional videos are just videos you can see on YT. Sounds more like a scam message with some sketchy link than something Tesla would send. But if it is coming for that same phone number, that must be Tesla and that is even weirder. Unless the scammers spoof that number too...

Reactions: meshbiz
This DCU thing confuses me. I looked at the website and from what I read I assumed I was not eligible, but perhaps I am wrong? Can someone please share what is necessary for eligibility for DCU?
You can join DCU with a referral code from an existing member. I’m one. Dm me with your name and email and I’ll send you an invite.

"Virtual group orientation"? What the hell does that mean? All instructional videos are just videos you can see on YT. Sounds more like a scam message with some sketchy link than something Tesla would send. But if it is coming for that same phone number, that must be Tesla and that is even weirder. Unless the scammers spoof that number too...
It’s definitely from Tesla and legit, it’s the same # that text me when I placed order, applied a referral code, etc. I followed the link and it allows me to book an online appointment with several options for days/times, all before the 26th of this month. It seems to be a 1 hour online (group) orientation/walkthrough that is done through zoom or similar platform

Reactions: Dogeftw and ZeeMike
Nope, it's not a scam. They used to do in-person group orientations but now it's a MS Teams meeting or something.

From what folks have reported, it's not always super helpful since a lot questions are asked that can be easily googled. But scam it is not.

It’s a webinar using Teams where you can ask questions in the chat. If you’re here in this thread and paying only half-attention, you know more than what they’ll tell you on the webinar. But that’s me….

So Tesla doesn't reset last 6 VIN digits when model year changes?
It did not reset for 2020 to 2021. The production number kept rolling. The 10th digit signifies the model year.

If there is a super significant redesign and Tesla starts designating a new model, such as the "next-gen Model Y", then the production number resets, and some other digits will change as well. There is no indication that's going to happen for 2021 to 2022.

My wife had to keep me from bringing stuff with me to my pick-up. She said I could take my wallet, phone, knife, sunglasses, mask, and my Tesla sweatshirt if I must. Everything else has to stay home 🙄
We have a 4-ish hour drive home, so we brought the floor mats and sun shade. Everything “cosmetic” stayed home for later

If we’re still going to be in this EOQ, then they’re cutting it really close. I’m sitting on my hands to not call my SA for a hug!
Yea, I don't know. There is technically still time and we shouldn't be worried, but I am having a first world problem anxiety and asking myself if I have enough time to get all in place for delivery. Selling the current car, arranging for a short term rental if need be, getting the cashier's check, getting a rate match, all that. While having a packed schedule at work. This is cutting it real close.

Update your signature title bro. Click on ACCOUNT and type it in the CUSTOM TITLE space. Make sure to put it in a format like I have used so everyone gets to see your details clearly. Otherwise there is only few people who may know or remember your information from when you originally posted it?? There are several old timers here also who don’t lost their information in the title. Folks please do it so that forum posters recognize your details (OD, model, location, EDD/VIN etc)!!!!
I just did that, my apologies.

Reactions: boingolover
Yea, I don't know. There is technically still time and we shouldn't be worried, but I am having a first world problem anxiety and asking myself if I have enough time to get all in place for delivery. Selling the current car, arranging for a short term rental if need be, getting the cashier's check, getting a rate match, all that. While having a packed schedule at work. This is cutting it real close.
I'm in the same boat. I've decided to not trade in my car to Tesla as CarMax is offering 3k more so I'm trying to time selling, getting the bank draft in my account, not having to rent a car for too long all without knowing when I'll actually get my car.

Thank you for your thoughts. I have an electric power washer and foam cannon attachment. I have at least 50 microfiber towels for use on only cars. I learned a lot of useful info from the professional detailers on YouTube.
Need suggestion for a power washer to be able to wash the car at home. I think I know which foam cannon to get. Is there an article that you’d recommend that goes over suggestions?