Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a simple list to check for when I pickup the car? I’ve read some of them but I really don’t want to go through 4 pages / 50 line items. Maybe just the most impactful things to check for?
I didn't want to be "that guy" so my checklist in my head consisted of:

exterior:
- paint (any paint chipping, discolloration, apparent exterior damage)
-panel gaps (check for symmetry of panel gaps) including gaps of the headlights and tail lights that they aren't sticking out or sunken too much
- lights (turn on all the lights and make sure they work properly (emergency button is overhead by the overhead lights))
- wheels/ tires, check for damage and curb rash

interior
- seats and trim: no rips, stains, apparent damage, misalignment to the naked eye
- check odometer and make sure the number you see is acceptable
- check to make sure the trunk contains your MC and j1772 connector
- check for headliner "tightness around the glass roof.
- check the USB outlets and the wireless charging pad for functionality.
-turn on the radio to hear that wonderful stereo

that was my list. took me 15 minutes and I didn't use a sheet of paper to mark checkboxes.

my biggest gripe was that one headlight and one tail light assembly wasn't perfectly flush like the other one, I've since forgotten about it and don't plan on rectifying it since it's perfect in my book.

edit: I also opened and closed all the doors to make sure none of them didn't seem out of alignment, and didn't require any more/less effort to open and close.

Last edited:
I am also scheduled for this weekend. Was going to be Monday but Tesla texted today and asked if I would be ready to pick it up Saturday or Sunday. Picked Saturday at 2 PM. I am hungry for some Watermelon. I wired transferred funds today, cause I am a trusting fellow and hope all goes well on Saturday. I will say it was kind of bitter sweet here at the end losing my SA, a relationship I was beginning to enjoy. I am not sure what happened with him. We are 50 miles from Richmond - pick up location - so my partner and I will probably UBER there so we both can be driving together on Watermelon's inaugural drive home. Oh, how corny.... would I be doing this if it was a FORD????? What happened to me!

exterior:
-panel gaps (check for symmetry of panel gaps) including gaps of the headlights and tail lights that they aren't sticking out or sunken too much
- lights (turn on all the lights and make sure they work properly (emergency button is overhead by the overhead lights))

interior
- seats and trim: no rips, stains, apparent damage, misalignment to the naked eye

that was my list. took me 15 minutes and I didn't use a sheet of paper to mark checkboxes.

my biggest gripe was that one headlight and one tail light assembly wasn't perfectly flush like the other one, I've since forgotten about it and don't plan on rectifying it since it's perfect in my book.

edit: I also opened and closed all the doors to make sure none of them didn't seem out of alignment, and didn't require any more/less effort to open and close.
Thanks, I will be using your list.

I am also scheduled for this weekend. Was going to be Monday but Tesla texted today and asked if I would be ready to pick it up Saturday or Sunday. Picked Saturday at 2 PM. I am hungry for some Watermelon. I wired transferred funds today, cause I am a trusting fellow and hope all goes well on Saturday. I will say it was kind of bitter sweet here at the end losing my SA, a relationship I was beginning to enjoy. I am not sure what happened with him. We are 50 miles from Richmond - pick up location - so my partner and I will probably UBER there so we both can be driving together on Watermelon's inaugural drive home. Oh, how corny.... would I be doing this if it was a FORD????? What happened to me!
My wife already said she’s not driving me to pick mine up bc she wants to ride back home in it with me. 🙄

Update: Tesla just called me and delivery is scheduled for this Sunday, September 26th!

Alright, now I have to sell my current car in 2 days :D
So is my brother's!! If he calls them. He is being a jerk right now! lol.
He is selling his car, which is technically mine, to his friend.
I am trying to sell mine within a week too, so I don't have to make car payments on it and I get to drive my brother's M3 hahah

exterior:

interior

Thank you this is perfect!

Reactions: ajs847
I pick up my 230xxx demo in the morning! Your post helped me relax a bit. Still a little nervous she was beat. But it has less than 900 miles so we will see
Any glaring cosmetic to the exterior/interior of the car? I am picking up a demo tomorrow, but it has less than 200 miles on it.

take a look at Tuxmat as well (for me its between 3d Max and Tuxmat) - Tesla mats are not that great (they might just get the job done) but it all comes down to how much protection you need
I recently bought the Tuxmat for new Honda Insight….price is better than 3D and the actual coverage of the mat is great, even up along the seat next to the door for a bit…

We’re not getting our cars because the police are taking them! 😝

Attachments

• F75C49C3-ABE1-420C-A74F-A6809207B27F.jpeg
    F75C49C3-ABE1-420C-A74F-A6809207B27F.jpeg
    953.5 KB · Views: 97