Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wanting to do this, but my brother isn't listening. He's like "They said 24 hours prior" I'll have him call and ask if payment can be done once inspected by us as well.
To me, I think about it as if I was buying a car from a regular car dealer, and the salesman told me I’m required to pay them 24 hours prior to picking up the car, would I do it? Probably not.

Somehow by having an all-online set up we suspend our normal business rules and are completely comfortable doing things we’d otherwise never do. I understand it makes thing easier for Tesla, but paying for the product at time of sale is sort of a basic courtesy to customers.

wow thats new!

Where did you see the exact date? In my driver's door jam, I only see the month/year.
Received delivery today. Car was manufactured September 21st. Absolutely flawless.
Yeah, I think it’s month year, 09 21, not September 21st. If it’s actual date, I’m curious to know how it was determined too.

Reactions: PatrickTM
xposting...

AHHHHH it's finally here -- that VIN!! 275xxx with new EDD 9/28-9/30 😭😭 crying happy tears. Thank you all for your support and advice over the past 103 days.

I received two emails from Tesla at 12:54AM: one saying my VIN is available and the other to complete my final payment. I've already gotten the pre-approval from DCU for 1.24% a couple of weeks back so I just need to wait for that MVPA to generate and get the official approval before going back to Tesla for the rate match.

Quick update on my part and major shoutout to my SA and folks at the Carlsbad delivery center.

I wasn't really planning a trade-in as I was looking to sell the car for more $$$. Still I randomly incognito quoted Tesla for my trade-in on Thursday, three days before delivery and got a great quote back, just a few bucks shy of the best offer I had from CarMax. But CarMax route involved selling the car asap to get the check and clear it with my bank before delivery (we are right before the weekend, mind you), some short term rental shenanigans, annoying logistics, all that jazz. A hassle, if you will.

I ask the SA if it is cool to still add a trade-in at this point. He was real with me and told to better kick it off right now and they will do their best to handle it. Low and behold, he stayed on top of an urgent order change and the trade-in with full net value after my payoff amount got added Saturday morning, all documents in place, zero hassle and tomorrow I just switch cars at Tesla.

If Tesla needs credit for customer service, this is the one. I wish everyone had experience like that. Let's see if they keep it up at the actual delivery tomorrow!
Can I ask when you would normally add the trade-in? After you get your VIN or after you set your delivery date? So far the quote I got from Tesla has been the highest (crazy, right?), but I'm still months away from taking delivery so I don't want to do anything with my current car just yet.

Reactions: ZeeMike
Happy Sunday, all!

I had a dream that would just get the world's biggest eye roll from the missus but you are here for my obsession. Always ❤️. It was delivery day! So pumped. I noticed my VIN had an N designator, so a 2022 model (interestingly specific detail to note in a dream). VIN was also 000006. What a baby! Brought the whole family with me, which in my dream was somehow several families worth of people despite that not being realistic. We all somehow drove in MYs to the DC. When we got there I suddenly felt very tired so I took a nap and told my family to take care of the delivery process. Wut? After all this time I'm too tired? Anyway, the next thing I know we're all driving home and loving the car. It's amazing as everyone says. I look in the back seat and see my nieces (despite only having one) playing joyfully in the third row. Brothers and sister in law somehow all in the second row and taking it all in. I do a full hard pulls and they're all giggling from the sensation. It's awesome!

Wait...3rd row!? I didn't order a 3rd row! IS THIS THE RIGHT CAR? I stop the car and get out, checking the VIN. 000019! Oh no! I turn around and start back for the DC to correct the mistake. We get there, talk to Tesla, and they take back the car. Except only then do they tell me they already sold my actual car! $#!+, now what? Now, they say, laughing maniacally, you're at the back of the line. EDD, AUGUST 2022! Noooooooo!!! 😩

Woke up, checked EDD. Holding steady for the last two weeks. 11/30-12/20. Tic toc tic toc.
Hilarious 🤣

Saturday came along and I finally took delivery of my MY.

Going over the car, I found two defects on the paint that I have a service appointment for. On the rear passenger quarter panel, I found a subtle dark spot in the white paint. Its under the clear coat. The second was above the rear passenger window and side of the roof glass. That is actually a paint chip and goes straight through all the paint. The lead detailer was there in Devon PA, took a look and said it would need an appointment to fix them both. I spent 30-45 minutes in the parking spot trying to figure out how to schedule the appointment. I finally walked back to the SC and said, "Where's the service button?" He said it'll push to me. So on my iPhone, I closed the app and reopened it and POOF... I looked like an idiot and there it was. So iPhone users new Tesla owners, once you accept your car, even though the app looked like it changed, make sure you actually close and reopen the app to get everything pushed properly.

As for panel gaps, I didn't notice anything worth making a stink over. (WHEW)

Inside the car, they forgot to peel away some of the tape along the headliner bar along the passenger side. I also found along the edges of the trunk lid some of the white protective transport film that didn't completely come off. Again, not a big deal.

Overall, absolutely love the car. I paid $49.99 for the Stats for Tesla app to get functionality with the Apple Watch and iPhone. Once you get all your power cost numbers from your electric bill in, your local gas price, and your last car's MPG, I can already see the savings. 80 miles charged last night cost me $1.44 and with my last car that would have been about 3 gallons of gas costing around $10 in PA. I'm starting to make a dent in getting my $6000 of money back for installing the charger through my yard to my garage. Tested Hulu w/ live TV and that was trouble working correctly. I'm going to try it while out and about to see if it continues locking me out (its likely a territory location lockout so I can't watch Yankees games in PA but its affecting all the service) or if its just doing it on my wifi. I did get it to work once, but when I changed the channel, the lockout occurred again.

It takes some getting used to the stiff steering and the lack of engine feedback (for obvious reasons) though the wheel. I also enjoyed slamming my older neighbor into her seat (I warned her first but I still dont think she fully expected it, she was smiling afterwards). She thought the car felt like an airplane taking off and I don't have the Acceleration Boost upgrade. I did notice after that short run and boost that it popped both Aerocovers on the rear tires. That shouldn't have happened, one wheel maybe, but both was unusual. I'll need to keep an eye on it. I pissed autopilot off. I floored it on the PA Turnpike to pass an idiot and the wheel went red and beeps everywhere. Guess I exceeded autopilot speeds because it wouldn't allow me to turn it back on.

Last thing, accessory-wise. If you get the privacy cargo screen like I did, when you pull the screen back, don't pull it straight back or let go. Roll it out and in along the hatch seal then down into position. I scratched my plastics inside. I got the Hansshow privacy screen on Amazon but they're all really the same thing. Easy install but something to note. For a radar detector (or anything plugged in the power socket), it seems the power socket under the driver arm rest is persistently on and didn't appear to turn off when the car locked. I'll keep a closer eye on it, could be a proximity thing with my phone "key." Tesla mud flaps were a very easy install, just 4 plastic punch button screws to pop and replace.

Here's to happy riding and a long-term future with Chimaera (Star Wars reference for hints on the car name)! To everyone here, I know you check the dates daily. I was there and you will one day be on the other side of the wait as well. I had a little anxiety when I drove down cause it was finally here and months of anticipation were finally wearing off and the persistent stress was diminishing. Deliveries are happening and yours will too. Take the time to REALLY look over the car because as you can see, it can be easy to miss things. Stay positive!

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 42
I almost stopped checking EDD, made no sense when 9/16-9/30 EDD jumped out of Q3 to 10/3-10/23 on 9/17.

Today, just a random EDD check I see a 3 days window, 9/28-9/30; there is no VIN or Blue button yet.

I am not falling for this, could be a glitch in their system else I am going to waste whole day refreshing account page and I refreshed it 2 times already, oh man, I hate Tesla!

Mine is almost exact scenario. Was 9/23 -9/30 and pushed out to Oct 4th - 24th. But it hasn't been changed since. Good luck with yours. Kinda give me hope mine moves up to get it delivered this month as well but highly unlikely for me.

Hello
Partner, so my OD is 7/17 and just Monday my EDD moved from November to September 30th, I do not have a vin number either which makes me believe it’s just a joke that Tesla is playing 😂 cheers mate

Today it went back to where it was before: 10/3-10/23, 🤦‍♂️ whatever it was!

Are the recent deliveries coming with mud flap and some rear door paint protection film installed? There were few posts sometime back saying new deliveries have these? I didn’t think so but could someone who took delivery in September confirm?

Tesla partners with three banks - chase, us bank, and Wells Fargo. Your assigned financial institution should be displayed in your account. I was initially assigned us bank, but I emailed Tesla to change it to chase.
I did the exact same thing, emailed late in the evening, had a reply early the next morning and they had made the switch in my account. I just had to go into my account and accept the new finance terms, which were the same as before, just with Chase instead of US Bank.

I did the exact same thing, emailed late in the evening, had a reply early the next morning and they had made the switch in my account. I just had to go into my account and accept the new finance terms, which were the same as before, just with Chase instead of US Bank.
Why switch? Did you get better rate with chase? Mine actually shows TD Auto Finance LLC. So not sure how they match you up. I remember the original one was some other bank. Then when it expired and I resubmitted this one showed up. Interest remained same 2.49% but looks like some folks got 1.4% with DCU

Update for me from SoCal. OD 6/23 MYLR5 Originally my EDD hovered around end of September and then about 2-3 weeks ago it switch to 10/3-10/23 and has been holding strong there until this morning. Updated to 9/28-9/30. No VIN though and no email.

Not sure what to make of that but hope they aren’t messin with me!
What’s your config?

Care to share what your trade in was and what was offered (ballpark) by the various companies? Wanting to do this to make it easy when I get my MY LR and get rid of my SR+ M3 but Tesla has been really lowballing on Tesla trade ins compared to the market value.
Same boat with the M3. I have a 2019 SR+ with 21K miles. Even though Tesla has increased by $4K since May ($27K to now $31K) it is still $8K less than KBB “Good” trade in value. Haven’t gotten a recent quote from the usual suspects (waiting until I get a VIN), but have received $38-$39K offers in the past. Not sure if it will be a bait and switch when it comes right down to handing over the money for it though. Being in CA no tax benefit of trading to Tesla so I’ll be going the Carvana, CarMax route. Timing could be a challenge but will be able to make it work.

You’d think Tesla would give more competitive offers and slap FSD on them and up the price $10K ;)

Reactions: PatrickTM