Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the recent deliveries coming with mud flap and some rear door paint protection film installed? There were few posts sometime back saying new deliveries have these? I didn’t think so but could someone who took delivery in September confirm?
I am in New York in my car I did not come with mudflaps or PPF. I specifically asked my delivery rep but no dice in New York. I guess I am not far enough north

Ya
WATERMELON has arrived. Picked it up yesterday in Richmond around 2 PM. As we arrived our license plate was on the car- a permanent one not a temporary one as I was expecting. The car was gorgeous! I will send pictures once I figure out how to get them from my iphone to some format I can attach them to a message for this forum. We looked over the car and it was absolutely perfect - nothing wrong with anything. We walked into the Tesla Center and talked to someone who was very helpful. He came out and walked us through some basic things and answered all my dumb questions. He helped set up two separate keys - Iphone for me and Key Fob for the other half. People were crawling all over the place buying cars and picking up cars. Two couples actually peeked at our car and then went inside and bought a red Model Y. Tesla guy said the most popular car right now was the M3 which was surprising. He said they were delivering 60 cars this weekend and staying very busy. A truck pulled up with 9 (I think) new cars.

The process for us was super simple, we paid in advance via Wire Transfer and that was acknowledged in the paper work. We had to both sign 6 things which I have no idea what they were but I am guessing they were legitimate. He asked if we had any questions and we had only one --- how to turn off the radio :). And then we drove off. I was amazed at how easy it was and how simple the process was for us.

I asked about the whole SA thing. He said that is evolving as everything Tesla and that it is going to morph into something else here in the near future. So if you don't like or don't have an SA not a big deal. I think Tesla wants everyone you talk to to have knowledge about your car and that you do not need to depend on one person. I know when I called Tesla they had my phone number on file so the person on the other end knew my name and car order before I even said a word.

How does the car drive...... OOOOOOLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAA. What a charmer. It is stiff which I will need to get used to but it is solid. You get a lot of car for the money. The rear view mirror is dark but everything is very visible. The ride is high which helps getting in and out and you see so clearly. The smell is fabulous :) The car can move, there are a lot of bells and chimes you can set up. It is addictive (so I can replace my addiction to checking my account with my new addiction of driving MY MY).

Yes it is worth the wait. I am happy we went through what we went through and that I got an opportunity to come on here and learn from all of you. I loved this whole process and will miss my routine of checking in, looking at my account and trying to be positive. I feel pretty lucky.

Congratulations on all the VINS Welcome to the Tesla Family!!
yay. Glad it worked out. I passed my first 100 miles today!

This. Back in 2019 I had home delivery for a Model 3 and I didn't pay until delivery day.. Same deal this time around...I got a text just now to "prioritize your Model Y delivery by completing your final payment task as soon as possible" but I'm not going to until delivery day.
My delivery rep gave me the option to pay by bank check. Additionally, I owed $117 because of a change from transferring plates to Tesla registering new plates for me. I wrote an email to the delivery center manager, asking if I needed to bring an additional bank check but they accepted my credit card for the small amount. You can certainly send money to Tesla and if you reject the car, I’m sure they will give you the money back. I was just more comfortable handing them to check when I was satisfied with the car.

Yeah, I think it’s month year, 09 21, not September 21st. If it’s actual date, I’m curious to know how it was determined too.
@dnstommy @Dasitman

It can be found on the sticker on the windshield, if you can ask Tesla to not remove it during prep.
IMG_20210522_125303.jpg

Can I ask when you would normally add the trade-in? After you get your VIN or after you set your delivery date? So far the quote I got from Tesla has been the highest (crazy, right?), but I'm still months away from taking delivery so I don't want to do anything with my current car just yet.
After reading about Tesla's usual trade-in values I hadn't even looked, because I was certain they were going to low-ball me. After reading your post, I decided just to see what they would offer...they were $1400 higher than the highest offer! Sooooo, guess I will be doing a trade-in. Now only if I could find another suprise...like my delivery date being moved up a month and a half.

Reactions: BitJam and kjyam99
I just added my Y to AAA insurance. My premium jumped from 1920/yr to 4890/yr.

Should I consider move to another insurance company?
Is this a rhetorical question?? You should definitely shop around.

I have Geico, and quoting a Tesla in place of my current car with them will double my premium. Progressive gave me a quote with a premium $30 higher than my current one. I’m definitely leaving Geico once I take delivery.

I just added my Y to AAA insurance. My premium jumped from 1920/yr to 4890/yr.

Should I consider move to another insurance company?
Absolutely. I was with AAA for approx. 35 years and same thing happened on my Model 3. Rep actually told me, “yeah we don’t really seem to want to insure Teslas”. I ended up going with Costco which is now called Home Connect and was able to insure house and all 3 cars for less than what AAA was asking for just my cars. Same or better coverage and deductibles too.

Okay, the big day has come to an end! She's home.

My kids are still thinking of the name so I'll leave them to it. They were responsible for checking out the infotainment system - quality control results came all positive, they basically live in the garage now.

Delivery was pretty much flawless, took 30-40 minutes. Car is very, very well build. One tiny paint blemish found on the rear bumper and another one on the lower plastic around the tow hitch area, both polished right out by Tesla advisor. Trade-in went smoothly - as easy as leaving the keys with the check-in person along with the registration paperwork.

No visible uneven panel gaps, no trim problems, no scratches, no scuffs, all controls work, drive is fantastic. I followed the Tesla Prep checklist. Seems like they really are getting there with the build quality. There was literally a line of people picking up their Teslas, a few other MYs in my configuration (tons and tons of white Teslas to be honest, I really didn't spot any red ones unfortunately @JeffSanDiego, I think there was only one red Model S Plaid) also seemed pretty perfect and people were coming in, checking cars and driving off. Didn't see any delivery rejection drama.

One stupid thing I did: DO NOT sign out of the logged-in music streaming Slacker Radio account. It comes from Tesla and stays with your car. Personal Slacker free accounts do not work apparently, you have to pay for the premium version. Now I have to call them this week and get me logged back in, it literally tells you to do that on the screen as you do not have the login credentials. Weird, I know.

There, 120 days from order to delivery and here is the pics tax!

Mike MYLR-1.jpeg
Mike MYLR-2.jpeg
Mike MYLR-3.jpg
Mike MYLR-4.jpg
Mike MYLR-5.jpg

Great news, friends, I’ve got a VIN!

I got an email about 2 hours ago, but I decided to do yard work today and stop checking every 5 minutes.

I’ll provide details after finishing my yard work.
I was soooooo looking forward to this post! I didn't see it until I posted my pics in one of the posts above. CONGRATULATIONS!

Okay, the big day has come to an end! She's home.

My kids are still thinking of the name so I'll leave them to it. They were responsible for checking out the infotainment system - quality control results came all positive, they basically live in the garage now.

Delivery was pretty much flawless, took 30-40 minutes. Car is very, very well build. One tiny paint blemish found on the rear bumper and another one on the lower plastic around the tow hitch area, both polished right out by Tesla advisor. Trade-in went smoothly - as easy as leaving the keys with the check-in person along with the registration paperwork.

No visible uneven panel gaps, no trim problems, no scratches, no scuffs, all controls work, drive is fantastic. I followed the Tesla Prep checklist. Seems like they really are getting there with the build quality. There was literally a line of people picking up their Teslas, a few other MYs in my configuration (tons and tons of white Teslas to be honest, I really didn't spot any red ones unfortunately @JeffSanDiego, I think there was only one red Model S Plaid) also seemed pretty perfect and people were coming in, checking cars and driving off. Didn't see any delivery rejection drama.

One stupid thing I did: DO NOT sign out of the logged-in music streaming Slacker Radio account. It comes from Tesla and stays with your car. Personal Slacker free accounts do not work apparently, you have to pay for the premium version. Now I have to call them this week and get me logged back in, it literally tells you to do that on the screen as you do not have the login credentials. Weird, I know.

There, 120 days from order to delivery and here is the pics tax!

View attachment 714796View attachment 714797View attachment 714798View attachment 714799View attachment 714800
Looking good!