Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, there is a buffer of about 15-20mi below 0%.
No. No, no, no, no, no.

Do not say this, do not share this, do not believe this. (Pretty please.) Tesla has changed batteries a ton over the years, and changes software more often than people change their bed sheets. There is not a known buffer, or a known exact amount of buffer below zero. Some of the most experienced Tesla owners/chargers have been towed with 4 miles of rated range left on the screen. These are folks that have many years, hundreds of supercharger locations across all seasons, terrains and driving conditions under their belts.

And even if one vehicle at one moment in time does have that kind of buffer, it can change across vehicles, software updates, or age so it's a huge mistake to assume there is a buffer.

New and soon-to-be owners, try your best to never get below 10 miles, especially if you're somewhere away from home. Make it 20 if it's cold out.

Does anyone know if Tesla will start doing transports of existing inventory again? I was under the impression they stopped for the EOQ rush but was hoping it would start back up now. Seeing a lot pop up in CA and of course that would be way too far for me to drive. Of course I could just be patient and wait till November, but patience is not a virtue of mine 😂

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Do not say this, do not share this, do not believe this. (Pretty please.) Tesla has changed batteries a ton over the years, and changes software more often than people change their bed sheets. There is not a known buffer, or a known exact amount of buffer below zero. Some of the most experienced Tesla owners/chargers have been towed with 4 miles of rated range left on the screen. These are folks that have many years, hundreds of supercharger locations across all seasons, terrains and driving conditions under their belts.

And even if one vehicle at one moment in time does have that kind of buffer, it can change across vehicles, software updates, or age so it's a huge mistake to assume there is a buffer.

New and soon-to-be owners, try your best to never get below 10 miles, especially if you're somewhere away from home. Make it 20 if it's cold out.
My main range-anxiety-stress-daydream is being chased by white supremacists while low on charge in the middle of nowhere. It’s an absurd day dream because the same thing could happen when I’m low on gas 😅

Anyone know if leaving an expired trade in offer on your profile delays things? Also, does the offer get re-run closer to delivery? I'm trading in my beloved 03 Audi RS6, and every time the offer expires and I re-run it, the value goes up a few hundred bucks. If I re-run it now and take delivery in another month, am I missing out on some money by accepting "today's" value?
I will suggest removing it entirely and adding it back when you get a vin. If you rerun it now and you get a vin, you won’t be able to apply any new value. It’s going to tell you there’s an active trade on the vehicle and you’ll have to do a dance at delivery to update that.
When you get a vin, you’ll be at most 2 weeks from delivery and you can add the trade in back. That’s my plan for our next delivery based on experience with the first delivery last month.

I will suggest removing it entirely and adding it back when you get a vin. If you rerun it now and you get a vin, you won’t be able to apply any new value. It’s going to tell you there’s an active trade on the vehicle and you’ll have to do a dance at delivery to update that.
When you get a vin, you’ll be at most 2 weeks from delivery and you can add the trade in back. That’s my plan for our next delivery based on experience with the first delivery last month.
+1 I had my trade on my profile originally but I told my SA that the prices were fluctuating so much that I was certain if I’d trade or sell it on my own. He recommended just pulling it from my profile and reaching out to him if/when I wanted to add it back.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
View attachment 716229
After a month of no movement, I just got moved up 9 days to 10/8-10/24! Here’s to hoping this sticks!
1633266271831.jpeg
…and Elon takes it away…down to 10/18-11/7, which is a day later than where I was before the EOQ push was over 😭
I guess we’re going back to the days of volatile EDDs…

Reactions: RichAuntie444
Carvana, Carmax, dealerships etc. Or trade in with Tesla?

You can get a quote for your car online easily.
I sold my Rav4 last week after doing an online quote on KBB, Carvana, and Vroom.
Vroom offered the highest, but I was tensed about the process, of them taking the vehicle, but send you a check a few days after, unlike Carvana, who gives you the check upon pickup.
Got a few dealerships calling me through KBB, and I ended up getting the same $$ as Vroom from a Chevy dealership. We also ended up selling my brother's car to them the same day too, since they were interested in both vehicles.

Dealerships are desperate for cars at the moment, and may pay you a good chunk for yours!
Start with an online quote, then you can try to get that in trade with Tesla maybe, or sell to the highest payer you get.

Wish you all the best!! 🤗 👍
Thanks

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Dealing with white supremacists is a very real thing I’ve had to deal with several times in my life. I’ve never had to deal with black supremacists and don’t foresee that to be a real problem I ever have to deal with 😅
Good for you, my friend almost became a victim walking in the wrong neighborhood while at work. Media doesn't like to report news about that part of our society. Anyways let's not turn this wonderful forum in a political discussion.

Well, here's one for the books. Order 6/18/21. I'm on the east coast of FL. On August 17th EDD was 10/21-11/18. By 8/30 they had moved the timeline up to 10/7-10/27 and a week later on 9/7 the MYLR was to be delivered between 9/22-9/30. Moving right along with a basic white with black int, 5 seat, 19 wheels, no frills.
Set back one occurred a week later on 9/12 when EDD slipped back to 10/7-10/27 and a week later showed no change. By 9/23 hope was rising with a 10/1-10/20 EDD. By Oct 2 I was one day into my EDD window so I checked and was floored to find the EDD slipped by more than a month to 11/10-11/30 :( . Imagine my surprise this morning (11/3) at 9am (I'm retired so it woke me up; my alarm has NO settings prior to 9am)! ;) when I receive a text from Tesla saying final payment is ready for review. Through blurry eyes I confirmed the text had been sent this morning and was not an errant text from a previous car. Check my account and I have a VIN (yes, it is still a 2021 from Fremont) and a delivery date from 10/14-10/20.
Don't know if any of that helps anyone because sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is happening. I know it's frustrating waiting for your first Tesla (I only had to wait 5 weeks for my first; the second was from the Tesla lot). But I don't think the wait for this is necessarily easier. It's still frustrating despite still driving one of the best and most carefree cars we have owned. So, I feel for all of you waiting and wondering. The only thing I can say is: it's worth the wait!

Last edited: