Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "M" in his "5YJYGDEE9MF284xxx" means it's a 2021 model. 2022 Would have the letter "N" there.
So this is obvious in hindsight, and I'm sure it's probably common knowledge for some but I never put it together that N is the 14th letter, and 2022 - 14 is 2008, which is when the first Roadsters shipped.

Sold my loaded 2019 F-150 yesterday and have cash on hand to buy my MYLR. I guess the $60k will just have to collect interest for a few months. C'mon Elon. Don't you want my cash ASAP? ;) I know...there's a grip of people who have been waiting longer than me and I just took delivery of a M3LR a few weeks ago. I shouldn't get greedy.

I am truly happy when I see someone get a VIN, especially those who have been waiting months. It's got to be agonizing in those last few weeks. I will know how that feels when it's late December and I'm over 100 days in and still don't have a VIN.

Sold my loaded 2019 F-150 yesterday and have cash on hand to buy my MYLR. I guess the $60k will just have to collect interest for a few months. C'mon Elon. Don't you want my cash ASAP? ;) I know...there's a grip of people who have been waiting longer than me and I just took delivery of a M3LR a few weeks ago. I shouldn't get greedy.

I am truly happy when I see someone get a VIN, especially those who have been waiting months. It's got to be agonizing in those last few weeks. I will know how that feels when it's late December and I'm over 100 days in and still don't have a VIN.
Invest it in TSLA :p

Did you work this out through your SA? I understand mileage may vary, and customer service with Tesla varies WIDELY from location to location, but not being able to take delivery within 3 days is a frequent concern in this thread. It would be helpful if you can share how you coordinated this 😊
I called my SC to make changes to my payment terms. He was able to shift my lease term from 24 to 36 months and then looked at the delivery. He said it will be here by 10/16 and that if I wanted to lock in a pick up date, better to do it now.

I called my SC to make changes to my payment terms. He was able to shift my lease term from 24 to 36 months and then looked at the delivery. He said it will be here by 10/16 and that if I wanted to lock in a pick up date, better to do it now.
That’s awesome!! I’m glad they were able to work with you 😊

The "M" in his "5YJYGDEE9MF284xxx" means it's a 2021 model. 2022 Would have the letter "N" there.
There was a post with VIN 287 in the EOQ push. I think that was the highest vin I can recall so anything before 288 will likely be 2021. Tesla probably built cars ahead and are just adding parts and finishing touches and assigning them which is why the VINs are out of order.

Not helpful geographically, but we did receive the front plate holder in Colorado. It’s useless to me though because I’m a rebel and won’t be running the front plate (as a side: I know this is v. illegal and ticket-able in certain locales) 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
We also received it here in Nashville and we don’t have to use them as TN doesn’t require front plates.

Finally VINed !! woke up to an email from Tesla asking me to make final payment (email came in @ 2AM). Logged in and got the blue button to "Proceed with Delivery" ..

Old EDD: Oct 10 - 24
New EDD Oct 20- 23
Model Year 2021
VIN 5YJYGDEE6MF286XXX

Was able to download MVPA since I was set to Cash for payment. Have to call Tesla and switch to financing.

Last edited:
Wow. I hope that's true. Everytime i have called and believe me there were so many calls and not once they were able to give me any information without vin being assigned. Everytime they said we can't say anything without vin. So i am not sure how they would have that information that you will get your vin on certain day and it will be delivered around 26. That being said I really hope it's true but that Haven't been my experience.
I'm not trusting this info a 100% but it was two different guys in different hours... they both give me the same info so i'm just hopeful...
LOL

Reactions: Ayaz
The price increases aren't surprising I guess. Supply is hard to come by and demand is through the roof. Econ 101 says they should raise prices to hit equilibrium. The good news is that Tesla is so agile, they can drop prices in an instant if they want to - if, say, sourcing parts gets easier/cheaper in the future, production capacity goes up from new factories, or demand goes down.

I
The price increases aren't surprising I guess. Supply is hard to come by and demand is through the roof. Econ 101 says they should raise prices to hit equilibrium. The good news is that Tesla is so agile, they can drop prices in an instant if they want to - if, say, sourcing parts gets easier/cheaper in the future, production capacity goes up from new factories, or demand goes down.

Is yours a 7 seater option for Model Y? I think they're working through the Jul/Aug months, so hopefully come around to Sep orders