Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 9/15
With EDD being vague and off and on initially, today for the first time it looks like a window: Feb 09 - March 09
Sorry for the stupid question, but where do you see the EDD? I ordered a MYLR on 9/15, and at the start of the order it estimated February, but then after the order was placed, I dont see any mention of any dates when I log into my account. It shows a reservation # and that's it.

Sorry for the stupid question, but where do you see the EDD? I ordered a MYLR on 9/15, and at the start of the order it estimated February, but then after the order was placed, I dont see any mention of any dates when I log into my account. It shows a reservation # and that's it.
Exactly. As I said, it was on and off and just appeared with actual dates for the first time.
If you are looking on a PC, the location for it would be on the right side above the wording "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration"

Mine disappeared, too. Order date 9/17/2021. MYLR, Midnight Silver, white interior, tow hitch.

I am incredibly annoyed this morning. After finally being in my EDD range of 10/7-10/22, I wake up today to find my EDD now at 10/17 to 11/11. Like WTH is that?? I was expecting this car back in September which is what I was told when I placed the order. I went from being within my EDD window to now being at a 4 week generic placeholder. I wasn't even bothered too badly about being moved to October instead of September, but November would be inexcusable to me. I also have a pretty generic build, I don't understand this at all. Sorry for my rant but this is completely frustrating. I would be over140 days if this came in November.
A day within my EDD of 10/8-10/27, it changed to 10/21-11/17. It sucks. When I placed my order it was Oct. All I can do now is wait.

I have been sharing my wife’s car when she works from home. Which is only 2 days a week. I have been wfh for a few years already. It’s been a hassle walking my daughter to her after school activities. My XC90 lease ended early June and was cross shopping a couple different makes. It was my fault to wait until my lease ended to start shopping. Inventory was dwindling. By the time I decided on the MY, it was pushed out to Oct from Sept.

Once a week I do think about buying a Q7 or a X5. But electric is the future and Tesla is the way to go, for now. The BMW iX looks enticing but no frunk? The “hood” doesn’t even open.

Don’t worry, my EDD was pushed back by months and then suddenly a few days later I was scheduling my pickup. EDD means nothing, especially when it just says a month rather than a date range. Even if you do have to wait until April, the wait is well worth it.
Thanks. I know EDD is kinda bogus but it's still discouraging.

Team November here!

Now I just have to play the guessing game with trade-in values. Articles out there in the world claim the used market is at its highest point so far. I'd love to renew my trade-in and lock in something for 30 days but I think that's too risky right now given my 11/9-29 EDD
Exactly. If I could have confidence that my Y will show up within my current EDD I’d try and sell or at least try and lock in a value for my 2019 SR+ 21K miles this weekend. Tesla trade-in offer hasn’t changed and is still at $30.6K. KBB trade-in “good” value is as high as it’s been this year now sitting at $40,740 which is more than I paid for it. Last on-line offer I requested 3 weeks ago was $39K from RoDo.com which I never heard. As soon as I get the magical blue button I’ll be getting offers from CarMax, Shift, Vroom and Carvana and go with whoever gives me the most. As obviously it won’t be Tesla trade-in.

As much as this "helps" sales numbers this quarter it makes it that much more difficult next. Properly pacing the process seems to be more beneficial for production as well as logistics.
At this point I agree with you. Early on when they were struggling it was crucial to string some good quarters together to continue to attract investor capital and sustain the stock price. I'm not sure it's that important anymore. OTOH, it may be that there's some benefit to a pacing schedule that includes a slow period for folks to take leave, do any maintenance or updates to the assembly lines, etc.