Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any particular reason you returned Spigen?
My brother had ordered the Spigen, and he was concerned about the matte look as it might blur the screen a bit. I think that was his reasoning.
Since the others may have a glare, he was hesitant to go that route. Since I ordered the non matte one, he of course had to switch his also.
I have yet to try it out once I get my car. His hasn't arrived yet.

I got the blue button this morning!

I confess I have very mixed feelings all of the sudden because I was hoping to have a bit more info on whether the reconciliation bill was going to pass and/or whether there would be significant EV incentives.

Does anyone know how long you can sit on the blue button before your order is put on hold?

Is there any consensus on whether putting on hold drops you to the back of the line, or whether you land somewhere in the middle (I don't know if I want to wait until May, but I think I might wait if I knew I could get my car in Jan/Feb).

So, im new to the community. Long time Tesla fan and have been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. I recently ordered a MYLR. My delivery date is currenty showing 2/18-3/18. What are the odds I get one sooner? I know a lot of people are waiting on the sidelines for the POS tex credit. I wonder if this could push my delivery date up. I regret waiting so long to purchase.

Reactions: G.D.H and loggedout
So, im new to the community. Long time Tesla fan and have been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. I recently ordered a MYLR. My delivery date is currenty showing 2/18-3/18. What are the odds I get one sooner? I know a lot of people are waiting on the sidelines for the POS tex credit. I wonder if this could push my delivery date up. I regret waiting so long to purchase.
Welcome and congrats on pulling the trigger!!

Two ways you can get a car sooner, if you want to.
1. Upgrade to a performance model, but pay a few extra $$
2. Look at inventory vehicles, demos, with hopefully less than 50 miles on the odometer.

Are they sequential based on model type or based on all cars? Could the ones in between by Model's S,3 or X?
Good question - honestly not sure .. i was assuming (maybe wrongly) they would be sequential .. in any case it is still a big jump in case of non sequential. Isnt it like 8000 cars in between or am I wrong there as well?

Are they sequential based on model type or based on all cars? Could the ones in between by Model's S,3 or X?
Digit ( or letter not sure why they are all called digits) 4 determines the type i.e model.

Last 6 digits uniquely identify production sequence number of a particular model. Digit 12 is start of sequence and 13 onwards are sequence digits.
294xxx is sure a big jump. Fremont is known( as per teslike tracker sheet) to produce about 20k Model Y on an average monthly.

Attachments

• 1634057702069.png
    1634057702069.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 59
How do you get put on a priority delivery list? I guess you got lucky with a good SA because mine never even mentioned this was an option…
I have a technique to get through to my SA. Call you local showroom, press 1 for new sales, and when AI ask for a few words about why you're calling say, "Test Drive". You'll be immediately forwarded to an SA. :)

FWIW, Tesla is no longer assigning individual SAs, they've gone to a pool system. Good luck!

So I emailed my SA about this Priority Delivery List and here is what he wrote me:

"I have been with the company for three years and have no knowledge of a "priority delivery list".

I can tell you that your current ETA is rapidly approaching, and we should be assigning a VIN to your order in the coming weeks. Please monitor your automated messages and Tesla account for any updates.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process, we are looking forward to getting you behind the wheel shortly."

Is this like a regional thing? NY is not into Priority lists I guess lol. I feel like he was laughing at me as he wrote back to me :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Digit ( or letter not sure why they are all called digits) 4 determines the type i.e model.

Last 6 digits uniquely identify production sequence number of a particular model. Digit 12 is start of sequence and 13 onwards are sequence digits.
294xxx is sure a big jump. Fremont is known( as per teslike tracker sheet) to produce about 20k Model Y on an average monthly.
FYI, I just inquired when my 280 VIN was manufactured and it came fresh off the assembly line yesterday. Was also informed VINs are assigned in preproduction, prior to a vehicle being built, like that 294 VIN that will be delivered sometime in the future.