Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After contemplating a bit on the possibility of waiting for the tax credit, decided to mash that blue button today.

I will also add, I called maybe 10 days ago just to ask if they knew anything since I was approaching my EDD. The guy on the phone looked me up and said he expected my car to be built on 10/11. I had my VIN when I woke up on 10/12. So, it does seem like there is possibly accurate info to be had prior to a VIN assignment. How reliable it is, is unknown, but it was spot on for me.

After contemplating a bit on the possibility of waiting for the tax credit, decided to mash that blue button today.

I will also add, I called maybe 10 days ago just to ask if they knew anything since I was approaching my EDD. The guy on the phone looked me up and said he expected my car to be built on 10/11. I had my VIN when I woke up on 10/12. So, it does seem like there is possibly accurate info to be had prior to a VIN assignment. How reliable it is, is unknown, but it was spot on for me.
What VIN did you get?

Reactions: PatrickTM
OD: 09/04 MYLR/Grey/5 Seat/Tow Hitch

I finally received an EDD today (for the first time since ordering) and it is mid-February to mid-March even though it said December when I ordered. I filled everything out and confirmed with Tesla that everything had been done. I have seen people with order dates later than mine get EDD’s before the end of the year. It just makes no sense to me and it is very frustrating. I would do used, except they want 10K more for used ones. Or I would do a performance, but I would prefer the better ride quality of a long range. I understand the owning part is wonderful, but everything about the process of getting to owning one is an absolute nightmare 😩
Congrats on your first EDD! I’m still waiting for mine.

Regarding used/inventory Model Y cars listed, they go really fast. So if you see one and you want it, pay the $250 and get it. They almost always come with FSD, which can be removed prior to taking delivery, thus lowering price by $10k.

I ordered a new Tesla last Thursday, but the delivery is 6 months out. It’s asking registration details(I’m sure I might change my apartment by then, don’t have an address right now so I’m just gonna use my current one)

It’s also asking for payment details from now. The car is 6 months out and it says the loans are only valid for 90 days. So what do I do here? Will not filling all this information out delay me getting a car?

I ordered a new Tesla last Thursday, but the delivery is 6 months out. It’s asking registration details(I’m sure I might change my apartment by then, don’t have an address right now so I’m just gonna use my current one)

It’s also asking for payment details from now. The car is 6 months out and it says the loans are only valid for 90 days. So what do I do here? Will not filling all this information out delay me getting a car?
Congrats. For now choose cash payment. Change when EDD nears.

Reactions: Arkbird and EvEv

Put cash as your payment option and also don't add a trade-in. This will complete your profile and get you in the queue for production. Payment and trade-in can be changed later, so wait for your VIN before doing that. In the meantime, welcome and enjoy the ride!

Also, put your current address for now, and update it when you move.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Congrats. For now choose cash payment. Change when EDD nears.

Put cash as your payment option and also don't add a trade-in. This will complete your profile and get you in the queue for production. Payment and trade-in can be changed later, so wait for your VIN before doing that. In the meantime, welcome and enjoy the ride!

Also, put your current address for now, and update it when you move.

Perfect, thanks everyone. I updated it and completed my profile. Now the 6 month wait begins 😂

Any good resources or threads on financing and how to get the best rates?

Also for insurance? I’m based out of Washington and haven’t owned a car before with a 5 year history, so I figure rates are gonna be higher for me

293xxx (still M year [2021])
Congrats. See, vins go up not down. Also good news for 7 seat owners as it looks like they may be pushing those now. For those of us that have been in this thread for a little while you know they tend to do batches of certain builds. It could be color, config, build, location, etc. I wish I would have got the 7 seater if I could go back in time.

So this happened...

Yesterday, our trade-in expired for the 5th time, so naturally I resubmitted the updated odometer as soon as I saw the prompt. Also, our EDD which had been Nov 14-Dec 03 suddenly jumped to Dec 10-Dec 31. Whoa. My wife was so disappointed, considering our May 14th order.

Anyway, we got the valuation back this morning and it actually increased $2300. Whoa again. We aren't paying anything at delivery so looking at our account showed that Tesla owed us $2300.

I figured that was probably going to mess something up in their system so I emailed my SA (who is decently responsive) asking them to zero out the balance. At the end of the email, I also asked if there was something wrong with our account, because it's been so long. I asked if they could provide an update and said my wife was really frustrated and if there are any married guys there they know that this is somehow becoming my fault.

Anyway, I get an email back at 6pm that they will adjust the financing and oh yeah they found a car and MATCHED IT TO MY WIFE'S ACCOUNT! EDD is now Oct 13-17!

VIN MF279xxx so I know it's a little older (I assume a cancelled order) but at this point I'm ecstatic... No scheduled pickup yet but he said the car should arrive tomorrow so I figure a few days to prep and maybe we get it Saturday...

Anyway, we finally have our VIN and my wife thinks I'm a hero and I earned a "get out of marriage jail free" card. Pretty good day...
Congrats man. Nothing wrong with a cancelled order at all. They all are currently 2021 model year and if its the build you want go for it. I declined close to 6 cancelled orders because it was a different paint color or something. I had a locked in price of 50,900 and if i accepted a car with ANY difference I would pay the new updated price of 539xx at the time. Its 549xx now.
One thing I would not recommend anyone to accept is a cancelled order with a damage disclosure. They offered me one of those as well. That's a no go all around.

Since my EDD got moved up I figured I should celebrate and buy mud flaps and floormats.. now I see why Tesla played “shuffle the dates” a couple of days ago… I wonder how much the shuffle back to reality will cost me… 🥸
Mud flaps? I confirmed with my SA yesterday that my car(Model Y) comes with mud flaps and PPF because of the harsh winters. You should confirm with yours as well. Tesla has been doing this for a few months now. Doesnt hurt to ask and save yourself a few bucks.

Oct 26th-30th EDD :)
Blue/white, LRY, 19”, tow…praying dates hold :)
Ordered July 31st.

Attachments

• 7051AE84-31A0-4C8C-803C-04FFB3603F53.jpeg
    7051AE84-31A0-4C8C-803C-04FFB3603F53.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 73