Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oof, he done them dirty. Hah ha. If any of you pull a fast one like that, the bar has been set at a round of golf. As an extra penalty, you also must supply the golf balls. I will take you up on it. And I'm TERRIBLE at golf, so be ready to pay up!
@chand I can appreciate the joke, but seeing the drama in our thread the last 24 hours, this joke would cause serious animosity amongst some of the contributors here!

Delivered early on 10/12; yesterday instead of Friday. They called at 4:30 pm and asked if I was ready to take home delivery in an hour, well I said yes, luckily we were all home, I was little busy at work but it was delivery time! My trade-in was not ready, lot of stuff still inside; jumped right at cleaning it with little one’s help, it was done quickly, and they came in 20 minutes after the call. It only took about 10 minutes, I checked the car around, they were very friendly, one of them was being trained on the job, walked around the car, I was finding it hard to find issues, they assured me I won’t find any, they had done 3 rounds of inspection, maybe they were right.

Well, it was a smooth transition, they took down trade-in’s odometer, I had to sign on their phone, access enabled, done. I politely declined their offer about teaching me the basics.

Panel gaps are consistent, I was prepared for few disappointments though but there it was all shining and smiling, flawless.

We went out on a long drive to one of our favorite restaurants, first thing I noticed was regenerative breaking, very intrusive, but I got a hang of it now , so convenient I don’t have to lift my foot so often, I am like high class chauffeur now, I can bring the car to full stop at signals without any jerks, gently depressing the accelerator!

I tried few fast turns and I love it. I hated Acura RDX for its body roll, I have always liked the Mazda 3 handling, Model Y is even better, steering, suspension are perfect.

And I was done with installing wall connector over the week end(it was in fact an easy job, except running #6 wires through a 3/4 pvc conduit, specially the corners), charging check! Mats, mud flap installation check! Happiness check!

Well, now please don’t roll those eyes, I am gonna say it: The wait is worth it.
Man, there isn’t a color I don’t like but I’m really in love with MSM… congrats on the sweet new ride!

Delivered early on 10/12; yesterday instead of Friday. They called at 4:30 pm and asked if I was ready to take home delivery in an hour, well I said yes, luckily we were all home, I was little busy at work but it was delivery time! My trade-in was not ready, lot of stuff still inside; jumped right at cleaning it with little one’s help, it was done quickly, and they came in 20 minutes after the call. It only took about 10 minutes, I checked the car around, they were very friendly, one of them was being trained on the job, walked around the car, I was finding it hard to find issues, they assured me I won’t find any, they had done 3 rounds of inspection, maybe they were right.

Well, it was a smooth transition, they took down trade-in’s odometer, I had to sign on their phone, access enabled, done. I politely declined their offer about teaching me the basics.

Panel gaps are consistent, I was prepared for few disappointments though but there it was all shining and smiling, flawless.

We went out on a long drive to one of our favorite restaurants, first thing I noticed was regenerative breaking, very intrusive, but I got a hang of it now , so convenient I don’t have to lift my foot so often, I am like high class chauffeur now, I can bring the car to full stop at signals without any jerks, gently depressing the accelerator!

I tried few fast turns and I love it. I hated Acura RDX for its body roll, I have always liked the Mazda 3 handling, Model Y is even better, steering, suspension are perfect.

And I was done with installing wall connector over the week end(it was in fact an easy job, except running #6 wires through a 3/4 pvc conduit, specially the corners), charging check! Mats, mud flap installation check! Happiness check!

Well, now please don’t roll those eyes, I am gonna say it: The wait is worth it.
Congratulations.
Off topic, I see the insulation on your garage door. What do you have and how do you like it?

Reactions: aprapos
what is your experience with Connect Costco auto insurance? I just got a quote from them for the Tesla MY and it's at $300/6 month which is very reasonable compared to $1000/6 month for Mercury. So I am very interested in switching to Connect.
I have limited interaction with their agents since I only talk to them for quotes if I have a lease return and getting a new car. Agents are friendly and helpful and I don't feel being rushed while on the phone. They go by miles driven as their main consideration in determining your premium but I noticed that if you declare that you drive 15K miles per year of driving they don't bother sending a mileage form. They only do it for cars under 12K miles per year. I haven't had an experience with them for filing claims (and hopefully it will stay that way) since they became Connect. I had a couple of claims (fender bender and windshield replacements) made thru Ameriprise and they took care of everything including dealing with an uninsured driver who was at fault.

Reactions: RichAuntie444
#HumbleBrag

Haha I'm just jealous. As someone who has been living in dorms, with roommates, and renting apts for the last 12 years, I JUST had my one-year anniversary as a new home (detached condo) owner. We have exactly one space in the driveway and a one car garage, stacked sequentially.
I'm coming up on my 1 year as well. I got tired of apartments so I knew I had to buy. Worked out perfectly because my mortgage is well under my BAH and now I always have parking and even a yard! So worth it for me and with having solar and a 60 mile a day round trip commute to work, I knew it was time to go electric and stop paying for gas. Will you and your wife be sharing the MY?

So after a long and brutal 115 day wait… IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!! Just got a MF296 VIN number. Current EDD is 10/27-10/31. Wow, the one day I didn’t bother to refresh is the day it finally happened. Funny how things work.
Awesome, congrats. I know several of us have been pulling for you!!

I have limited interaction with their agents since I only talk to them for quotes if I have a lease return and getting a new car. Agents are friendly and helpful and I don't feel being rushed while on the phone. They go by miles driven as their main consideration in determining your premium but I noticed that if you declare that you drive 15K miles per year of driving they don't bother sending a mileage form. They only do it for cars under 12K miles per year. I haven't had an experience with them for filing claims (and hopefully it will stay that way) since they became Connect. I had a couple of claims (fender bender and windshield replacements) made thru Ameriprise and they took care of everything including dealing with an uninsured driver who was at fault.
Thank you for the info. I will ask for a quote for a higher mileage like 15K to see if the price will change.

I'm coming up on my 1 year as well. I got tired of apartments so I knew I had to buy. Worked out perfectly because my mortgage is well under my BAH and now I always have parking and even a yard! So worth it for me and with having solar and a 60 mile a day round trip commute to work, I knew it was time to go electric and stop paying for gas. Will you and your wife be sharing the MY?
Nice! That's awesome. Vegas would be a great place for solar, obviously due to how much sunshine you guys get. I'd love to solarize at some point too, MA is a state with super high electric prices ($0.26 per kWh, and they import electricity), but not sure if we'll stay long enough to make it worth it.

The forthcoming Model Y will primarily be her daily driver, our weekend car. I'll sacrifice myself (specifically sacrificing my butt due to uncomfortable seat) and take the Prius as my daily driver.

Reactions: loggedout
@chand I can appreciate the joke, but seeing the drama in our thread the last 24 hours, this joke would cause serious animosity amongst some of the contributors here!

I completely agree, I can imagine. The member that posted the joke let it roll for 2 hours , they later came back to correct it with an apology post, when folks seriously had decided to decline deliveries, put orders on hold, it turned out to be a nasty joke.

With fake names, we exchange lot of information anonymously, personal stories that impact fellow members, we must post responsibly and respect others’ opinions and interests.
This is wonderful thread, personal experiences, jokes, humor here n there make the wait so much easier.

In Vegas we barely have driveways. My house has enough space for two cars in the garage and two in the driveway but I've got my car, fiancé's car, my motorcycle plus the new Y coming. I wish I could get another Tesla. I was actually looking at the old roadsters this morning thinking about how feasible it would be to have one haha.
Most houses in Philly have neither a garage nor a driveway. So parking is always a challenge. I'm lucky to have both but they both only hold one car, meaning you can't have one in the garage and one in the driveway, unless you feel like playing musical cars. And even if you do insist on your car in the garage, it's a tight squeeze:

I actually have video evidence but must apologize that of all the videos I made, this one actually does have a short ad. Boo
(Edit: the thumbnail shows the garage size so you don't even have to watch, lol)