Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$180 vs $1029 I got from Geico haha
How the hell can it be so different. I also have t had any claims over two decades
Definitely take anyone else's quote with a grain of salt. Different states have wildly different laws regarding how insurance companies are allowed to operate, so premiums fluctuate. That's before taking into consideration individual risk ratings, local area risk, and level of coverage.

Also, bundling insurance for homeowner/renter, additional vehicles, jewelry, valuables, etc. can result in massive discounts. Same with life insurance. If a hypothetical person has insurance policies for their house, rental property, computers, jewelry collection, guns, four cars, life insurance on self and another on their spouse for 20 years of loyalty and zero claims, I can definitely see adding another car, even Tesla, for $180 every six months, or even cheaper.

If you're truly willing to separate from your incumbent insurer, and take all your insurances to another company, make sure you get the correct price for everything. Use one of the insurance comparison websites (lots of them online). If you split your insurances you may find that you get a great deal on a car, but premiums for everything else increased because you lost bundling discounts. That's why the insurance comparison tools generally market towards younger people, since they have fewer policies and it makes the most sense for them to shop around for a low premium.

That being said, I have currently a homeowner policy, one car (2015 Prius, 100/300/100, $500 deductible + comprehensive), and valuables insured through USAA. My auto policy is $328 every six months with all the discounts (good driving, no accidents, loyalty, blah blah blah). Adding a Model Y LR lowers my Prius premium, and total auto insurance premium comes to about $650 for both vehicles, again, every six months.

Last edited:
Definitely take anyone else's quote with a grain of salt. Different states have wildly different laws regarding how insurance companies are allowed to operate, so premiums fluctuate. That's before taking into consideration individual risk ratings, local area risk, and level of coverage.

Also, bundling insurance for homeowner/renter, additional vehicles, jewelry, valuables, etc. can result in massive discounts. Same with life insurance. If a hypothetical person has insurance policies for their house, rental property, computers, jewelry collection, guns, four cars, life insurance on self and another on their spouse for 20 years of loyalty and zero claims, I can definitely see adding another car, even Tesla, for $180 every six months, or even cheaper.

If you're truly willing to separate from your incumbent insurer, and take all your insurances to another company, make sure you get the correct price for everything. Use one of the insurance comparison websites (lots of them online). If you split your insurances you may find that you get a great deal on a car, but premiums for everything else increased because you lost bundling discounts. That's why the insurance comparison tools generally market towards younger people, since they have fewer policies and it makes the most sense for them to shop around for a low premium.

That being said, I have currently a homeowner policy, one car (2015 Prius, 100/300/100, $500 deductible + comprehensive), and valuables insured through USAA. My auto policy is $328 every six months with all the discounts (good driving, no accidents, loyalty, blah blah blah). Adding a Model Y LR lowers my Prius premium, and total auto insurance premium comes to about $650 for both vehicles, again, every six months.
Got State Farm finally for around $107/month. Way better than the $1029 per 6 mth quote from geico. Since EDD starts 29-Oct I opted for policy to start 25-Oct.
Hope that’s enough

How the hell can it be so different. I also have t had any claims over two decades
GEICO is sending a clear message, no Tesla.
Here in TX, it was around $600/6 months, for two cars (RDX, Mazda 3) two drivers, it jumped to $1500 when I replaced RDX with MY. I had to switch to Progressive, same coverage, even with road side assistance, about $600 for 6 months.

The key to low insurance rates apart from safe driving: Change your insurance company every 2 years. it is the most sticky business and the longer you stay with a company the most you pay. Second, share some data with them. You lose privacy but save a huge amount of insurance premium. Your phone and car location and driving is monitored. Keep home and other insurance with same company as auto. complete defensive driving course. Go through all of the discounts you may get for age, profession, membership of professional societies etc.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
Whoa, so my EDD improved today.. again, not getting my hopes up but the new one is Nov 2 - Nov 13! Tightened up (and moved up) from Nov 6 - Dec 4. Again, not getting my hopes up, but this isn't bad news :)
Great news! Since I have about the same EDD as you did before your latest update, hoping I see something similar in the next few days.

Congrats! I was just thinking that the frequency with which I've been checking my account is probably excessive since my EDD window doesn't start until the 30th. But this validates my obsession!

brb...refreshing...nope no VIN.
you and me both....used to be happy with checking once a day....now that I within 3 weeks of the beginning of my current EDD, I am checking multiple times a day

GEICO is sending a clear message, no Tesla.
Here in TX, it was around $600/6 months, for two cars (RDX, Mazda 3) two drivers, it jumped to $1500 when I replaced RDX with MY. I had to switch to Progressive, same coverage, even with road side assistance, about $600 for 6 months.
Can this be counted as discriminatory?

• Funny
Reactions: chand and PatrickTM
I'm scheduled to pick up my MSM 7 seater with tow tomorrow. I'll let you know if they indeed exist :)
Okay, so I’m doing a quick post now, as I just found the mythical creature, it does exist…notice how it’s snuck into the corner of the Tesla parking lot of Buena Park. I love the sun reflecting off of it. Maybe mythical creatures need a lot of sunlight. Will post more later :)

Attachments

• 76F2F888-F725-447F-A676-DAC4B1D3C02D.jpeg
    76F2F888-F725-447F-A676-DAC4B1D3C02D.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 3338EFFC-FD56-4373-AE25-A5AABA08AE17.jpeg
    3338EFFC-FD56-4373-AE25-A5AABA08AE17.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 52
  • 4DFF0249-A4DB-4609-84D9-23B7FF1E861B.jpeg
    4DFF0249-A4DB-4609-84D9-23B7FF1E861B.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 47