Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a milestone. Once upon a time it was an amazing feat that Tesla sold 100,000 Model S vehicles. Now to see them hit that thrice over on their 4th major vehicle (ignoring the limited run Roadster, RIP to all lost in the recent fire...) is a big deal!

I'm starting to get really grumpy and I communicated such on the phone yesterday with a random call center rep. I find it unacceptable that my SA hasn't made contact once when I am over 2 months past order date. I'm also grumpy that my EDD is a full month later than other east coasters with similar ODs because I suspect it's due to my now "less than complete" profile since both financing and trade in expired. I no longer need financing but don't want to mess with my order. I do still want a trade in but why bother refreshing if it might expired again?

Grr, rant over.
You've probably read other posts about trading in with Tesla, but I'll share my experience in case it helps.
I did not renew my trade request when it expired and went with Carvana. They offered me nearly $4K more than Tesla and I was able to schedule pickup within 2 days or up to 4 weeks out. The money was posted in my checking account within 12 hours of them driving away in my old Mazda. Very happy with the transaction.

EDIT: I should clarify that I picked up an inventory car and cancelled my original order, so I don't know what effect on EDD the trade expiration would have.

Last edited:
Alright - waiting for the appraisal at CarMax once again. Hopefully Toyota sent me the right lien release docs this time 😒
All set! $42.4K for a car I bought for $45.8k ($50k after tax and all the fees) almost 4 years and 20k miles ago. Absolutely wild. Was hoping to head to the bank but apparently they all close at 4 post-COVID 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi. I’m three weeks in with my new MY and I love it! I waited from May 31 until September 24 to get my car – 116 days! Being told that it’s worth it doesn’t really make it suck any less. Anyway, I just saw this article about revised delivery times that makes me shudder.

Stay strong, my VINless friends.

So my delivery was scheduled for tomorrow….I got a text that there were issues with the car that need “rectification“. I learned that several panels require body work. I passed on the VIN and I’m awaiting reassignment….”it could be a couple of weeks - longer or sooner”. So close, but yet so far!
Yikes! Hoping something like this doesn’t happen to me. I just sold my car 😬

You've probably read other posts about trading in with Tesla, but I'll share my experience in case it helps.
I did not renew my trade request when it expired and went with Carvana. They offered me nearly $4K more than Tesla and I was able to schedule pickup within 2 days or up to 4 weeks out. The money was posted in my checking account within 12 hours of them driving away in my old Mazda. Very happy with the transaction.

EDIT: I should clarify that I picked up an inventory car and cancelled my original order, so I don't know what effect on EDD the trade expiration would have.
Thanks for sharing! I've traded in with Tesla twice before and with 8% sales tax in Philly, I'd need competitors to exceed Tesla's value by at least that much to consider it. Plus it's another Tesla I'm trading in so under normal circumstances, I'd just stick with Tesla.

But these are far from normal times so I do need to do a couple other checks because why not. I'm down to save some bucks!

Thanks for sharing! I've traded in with Tesla twice before and with 8% sales tax in Philly, I'd need competitors to exceed Tesla's value by at least that much to consider it. Plus it's another Tesla I'm trading in so under normal circumstances, I'd just stick with Tesla.

But these are far from normal times so I do need to do a couple other checks because why not. I'm down to save some bucks!
If your model 3 has FSD, you might do better just on that alone. Last I checked, Tesla doesn't give you any extra for a trade in with FSD over one without it, but the third parties will.

Of course trade in value varies by region. But I’m currently in the waiting area at CarMax finalizing my sale to them. The offered me $41K for a 2019 SR+ with 21.6K miles on it. Only option it had was MSM paint. So $100 more than I paid for it. Beat the next closest offer by $1500 which was a Honda dealer.

Tesla trade in offer was only $31,700. So definitely check it out. I’m sure that kind of difference ($9300) will offset any tax savings. We don’t get that here in CA anyway, it’s our weather tax.

I tried Carvana, Vroom and AutoNation (which is where the Honda dealer came from) then finally CarMax.