Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery did not go very smooth, but it's finally done.

It was home delivery (didn't have a choice). They dropped off right at the end of the window, but never even notified me. I just saw them drive away. That was problematic because I still owed them the check. So, the car wasn't marked as ready for delivery and I didn't get the button in the app. So the car was here and I couldn't get in or accept delivery or do anything. Had to call in and spent 30 minutes on hold before being able to explain the situation. Someone then had to come back out a little more than an hour later, but even though he was willing to take my check, he couldn't make the car available for delivery. He told me he'd have to drive back to Tesla to be able to do it and it should be done within the next hour. It was, and I was able to accept delivery online, but the mobile app wouldn't update until I uninstalled and reinstalled.

So - not very smooth and took several hours, but it's all settled. Now it's time to install some accessories!

Blooregard Q. Kazoo (aka Bloo) has arrived!!! Love the way he looks in the sun!!

They called shortly after this and said I could come by anytime! The car was set for touchless delivery but I was paying by cashiers check so I needed to go in for a minute. They made it all too easy - super friendly and considerate!

All the panels were even and everything inside looked good. The lower plastic on the inside doors were dusty, likely from people kicking it leaning in to clean out the rest of the car, but otherwise it was perfect!

Thanks all for pining here with me! I’ll probably stick around here for a few days out of habit 😅 Hope you all get your babies soon!!!

View attachment 724395View attachment 724396
View attachment 724397
Congratulations!

Also, tell me you're obsessed with Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends without telling me you're obsessed with Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends 😂

Oh and my car did come with mud flaps and PPF on the rear doors
Mine didn’t 😢 but it did come with this flyer for a local ppf shop hidden in the visor
1634936665485.jpeg

But it does have passenger side lumbar support which I know disappeared for a month or so.

Last edited:
They were hit big time with the shipping fiasco in LA ... there are tons of container ships just anchored off the coast waiting to offload their goods .. at least theirs got in (last week) and is supposedly on the way to their warehouses in Utah & Tennessee ... if you ordered the frunk/trunk mats they should be shipped any day .. the interior mats possibly in another 1-2 weeks I am hoping.

You can follow their thread in the Model Y

Recently i was tracking a ship carrying machinery from the Mediterranean to a port on the west coast for work. I watched the ship float around near the LA port for around 1.5 weeks before it could dock and be offloaded.

In total the ship was around 6 weeks late because all the ports it had to offload at along the way were just buggered.

Reactions: Dogeftw and aprapos
Mine didn’t 😢 but it did come with this flyer for a local ppf shop hidden in the visor View attachment 724416

But it does have passenger side lumbar support which I know disappeared for a month or so.
you sure its not a dummy button ? that's what i heard .. if not .. you're lucky :)

Yeah can we get a picture of that @GuardianMoon?
@GuardianMoon I know you’re probably out on a joy ride, but if the passenger lumbar adjustment is back, that would make my day! Actually, it would make my wife’s day since she’s primary driver of the car when solo, and primary passenger or the car on weekends. So when you get a chance, please share a picture.

Believe it or not, we seriously considered cancelling the order when that was removed. After living with a Prius for six years, seat comfort was critical for a new family car, and we both dialed in seat adjustments perfectly during the overnight test drive.

Blooregard Q. Kazoo (aka Bloo) has arrived!!! Love the way he looks in the sun!!

They called shortly after this and said I could come by anytime! The car was set for touchless delivery but I was paying by cashiers check so I needed to go in for a minute. They made it all too easy - super friendly and considerate!

All the panels were even and everything inside looked good. The lower plastic on the inside doors were dusty, likely from people kicking it leaning in to clean out the rest of the car, but otherwise it was perfect!

Thanks all for pining here with me! I’ll probably stick around here for a few days out of habit 😅 Hope you all get your babies soon!!!

View attachment 724395View attachment 724396
View attachment 724397
Yay! Congrats! Glad your delivery went smoothly and you have your new baby home! Hope mine goes as well tomorrow!!

Yeah can we get a picture of that @GuardianMoon?
Omg I’m so sorry ! It has the full on button BUT IT DOES NOTHING 🤦🏻‍♂️ @PatrickTM @aprapos @RyMY

Sorry I remember earlier this year they were doing the buttons and just had a plastic piece covering. When I saw the button I figured they brought it back! I’m such a sucker 🤣😂

The new ones definitely don’t come with radar and only have Tesla vision. Any expert opinion on that? If they ever wish to go back to radar then the new ones are going to get back to service centers I guess
What’s bizarre is that the “sticker” (which wasn’t in the window but was tucked next to the passenger seat) talks about ultra sonic sensors. Did they just not update the sticker or are there other sensors in the car? My guess is that they didn’t bother updating the sticker 🤣
1634945956522.jpeg

Reactions: boingolover
Overall I’m loving the car. The only nit so far is there’s no front facing camera for parking, so I can’t edge absurdly close in my garage if I need to. Finding this quite a bizarre omission, but there are tons of threads about it so I won’t whine too much 😅
I thought front proximity sensors tell you how many inches you are from the front?