Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always parked butt backwards (nose out) with all of my cars, the ones with exhausts out their back šŸ˜†. Actually literally everywhere, not just my garage/driveway. I barely pulled nose in anywhere.
It will come in handy with the MY since the outlet is on the inner side of the garage, and the charging port will be closer, once parked nose out.
Itā€™s much safer to park nose out to avoid people who donā€™t pay attention in the parking lot. Especially with little ones in back!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I always parked butt backwards (nose out) with all of my cars, the ones with exhausts out their back šŸ˜†. Actually literally everywhere, not just my garage/driveway. I barely pulled nose in anywhere.
It will come in handy with the MY since the outlet is on the inner side of the garage, and the charging port will be closer, once parked nose out.
I will likely back the Tesla in. We'll see about my wife. I've tried backing my Subaru in but the narrow curving driveway combined with the uphill slope and feathering the clutch makes it a bit trickier and filled the garage with fumes.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hooray! That's exciting! My email and account refreshing frequency has increased considerably recently. The anxiety is real...the next days until delivery for you are probably going to be even worse!
Only took until my third time reaching my EDD to get a VIN. Now I'm going to run up to the service center and see about trade-in and delivery plus changing to financing. Tesla offered $1k more than a month ago when I looked at doing a trade-in with them.

Well sheā€™s home! I took delivery today, and aside from a minor gap issue on the front right headlight (scheduled service for next week), everything was perfect! Even being stuck in terrible traffic driving from VA back to MD was more or less pleasant!

And yeah, I let my wife name the car as she has a pretty anti-Tesla stance* and she said this would help her ā€œlike it moreā€ šŸ˜‚

*anti-Tesla b/c she hates Elon, not b/c she hates electric cars, just to clarify.

Attachments

• C721AD83-78AD-46BF-91B3-5C884D73362B.jpeg
    C721AD83-78AD-46BF-91B3-5C884D73362B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • 2D72A9C6-6DBF-4438-A52F-B3D33B97B67E.jpeg
    2D72A9C6-6DBF-4438-A52F-B3D33B97B67E.jpeg
    990.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 15B6B638-7F1D-4A35-8FDC-DBD6072D4AFF.jpeg
    15B6B638-7F1D-4A35-8FDC-DBD6072D4AFF.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 256E57C3-1509-4293-941D-E43C64CE583A.jpeg
    256E57C3-1509-4293-941D-E43C64CE583A.jpeg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 2E44DC15-9689-489A-9B77-64B15E70709F.jpeg
    2E44DC15-9689-489A-9B77-64B15E70709F.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 58
I took the delivery from Peabody MA today. Overall a good car delivery experience. There was only one minor issue in the car at a small corner on the rear liftgate, the paint was chipped (right besides the glass). I took the delivery anyways and have taken a service appointment to get that fixed.

The car is amazing. The odometer read 3 miles at delivery time and I have put 40+ miles on it after delivery. Coming out of delivery, I had trouble for a couple of minutes in getting used to regenerative braking, but was able to adjust in a few minutes. (Later, driving my older ICE car, I was missing the one-pedal driving :rolleyes:)

The car was charged to 90% on delivery.

See the pictures (along with small paint chip)

Attachments

• IMG_7649.jpg
    IMG_7649.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7653.jpg
    IMG_7653.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7637.jpg
    IMG_7637.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Well sheā€™s home! I took delivery today, and aside from a minor gap issue on the front right headlight (scheduled service for next week), everything was perfect! Even being stuck in terrible traffic driving from VA back to MD was more or less pleasant!

And yeah, I let my wife name the car as she has a pretty anti-Tesla stance* and she said this would help her ā€œlike it moreā€ šŸ˜‚

*anti-Tesla b/c she hates Elon, not b/c she hates electric cars, just to clarify.
Congrats!! And lol at the Elon hate. I have no special love for billionaires but Iā€™m always confused by the hate piled on him when *gestures at all the other CEOs who do horrible stuff, but quietly*. I doubt youā€™ll find any angels in automotive and oil industry execs šŸ˜…

Whatā€™s involved in the conversion? I have a 14-50 but am considering a wall charger
Key things for my specific case were:

1. Make sure I moved my wire beside a stud for mounting the wall connector. The 14-50 outlet wasnā€™t beside a beam, so I had to move the wire, which involved me having to cut into the drywall a bit. It also helped me get more wire length (which may most likely be needed) by tracing it back a bit while cutting.

2. Switch out my current 40A breaker for a 60A breaker. One thing I had to do before this was to be 100% sure that the wire was already a 6 gauge. The wall connector can still be installed with thinner wires, but the thinner you go the less max current can be pulled (WCā€™s max current is 48A which would require at least a 6 gauge wire and 60A breaker).

I think other than these points (and having to patch my wall back up šŸ„“) everything else was from the instruction manual. Also, I would say if youā€™re not somewhat competent with electrical components, Iā€™d recommend leaving it to a pro.

Key things for my specific case were:

1. Make sure I moved my wire beside a stud for mounting the wall connector. The 14-50 outlet wasnā€™t beside a beam, so I had to move the wire, which involved me having to cut into the drywall a bit. It also helped me get more wire length (which may most likely be needed) by tracing it back a bit while cutting.

2. Switch out my current 40A breaker for a 60A breaker. One thing I had to do before this was to be 100% sure that the wire was already a 6 gauge. The wall connector can still be installed with thinner wires, but the thinner you go the less max current can be pulled (WCā€™s max current is 48A which would require at least a 6 gauge wire and 60A breaker).

I think other than these points (and having to patch my wall back up šŸ„“) everything else was from the instruction manual. Also, I would say if youā€™re not somewhat competent with electrical components, Iā€™d recommend leaving it to a pro.
Hmmm... sure about your choices here? You do you...but this doesn't sound right

I think for a car to stitch together footage for 360 view the cameras have to be mounted at the same height. So theyā€™d need a front camera mounted near the hood/front bumper area.
Yea the front bumper one is missing which I find really odd tbh. Not sure why theyā€™d skip out on that šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøThe ultra sonics do a decent job of telling you distance but Iā€™d rather just see whatā€™s there. Of course 20 years ago I would have parked my parents Toyota Previa minivan in tight spaces with no camera or complaints, so I know Iā€™m being spoilt šŸ¤£

Congrats!! And lol at the Elon hate. I have no special love for billionaires but Iā€™m always confused by the hate piled on him when *gestures at all the other CEOs who do horrible stuff, but quietly*. I doubt youā€™ll find any angels in automotive and oil industry execs šŸ˜…
I generally like Elon, especially for what heā€™s done to make EVs attractive and somewhat attainable for the masses. What heā€™s been able to do with Tesla is huge, and his extraordinary vision is paying off. Then there are things that make me uncomfortable as a shareholder and a customer, specifically the broken promises (autonomous robotaxis in 2020, Tesla having secured funding to go private, anything FSD related, etc.) but I understand thatā€™s his management style and impossible timelines and overzealous promises is a motivational technique of his. Knowing that allows me to temper my expectations whenever he says something childish or outlandish, but people new to Muskā€™s style might just see him as a snake oil salesman.

I can also see his comments around COVID last year sounded like he had little empathy for the health and safety of his employees. I donā€™t know actual conditions at Fremont factory, but at least the tweets were not reassuring. Overall, itā€™d be nice if he can take a step back and assemble a superstar team to conduct operations, and he can drive the company strategy and vision.