Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!! And lol at the Elon hate. I have no special love for billionaires but I’m always confused by the hate piled on him when *gestures at all the other CEOs who do horrible stuff, but quietly*. I doubt you’ll find any angels in automotive and oil industry execs 😅
This is exactly what I’ve told her! I mean I don’t like the guy either, but also we buy stuff from Amazon on the daily and as you said I HIGHLY doubt other auto maker execs are pictures of morality 😂

Luckily she had a few months to come around to the idea from when I ordered (and didn’t tell her till after I did it 😂).

I can also see his comments around COVID last year sounded like he had little empathy for the health and safety of his employees. I don’t know actual conditions at Fremont factory, but at least the tweets were not reassuring. Overall, it’d be nice if he can take a step back and assemble a superstar team to conduct operations, and he can drive the company strategy and vision.
This is exactly why my wife doesn’t like him. That and moving his factory to TX from CA where there are way fewer protections for workers.

BUT I absolutely agree with the first part of what you said as far as his vision and ability to make EVs attractive for the masses. There’s pretty little chance I’d be interested in any other EV on the market right now. They’re just not there yet. Also not paying my weekly tax to the oil execs feels pretty great too 😎

I posted this on the no EDD thread but I know this is the big one that everyone checks.

Just sharing a data point. Ordered early July with mainly October EDD. I was able to get an inventory car in August. I didn’t want my 100 deposit go to waste so I asked my sister if she wanted it. She does but she’s in a different state so I told her to go to Tesla with all my account details so she can register the car in her name. Once she accepts delivery, she’ll drop her car from my account and add it to her newly created account. Once that reservation and delivery center changed to her place in late August that reservation never got an EDD to ever come back. I received an email today to finalize payment, she got her VIN right around the original EDD. I checked it yesterday on the updated app and there was still no EDD as of yesterday.

MF302, man we’re in the 300ks now. Good luck all.
Huh. I asked the person helping me with my inventory delivery yesterday if I could transfer my original order to my parents and she said no. So they were able to change the registration information to your sister’s but keep your same account?

What’s involved in the conversion? I have a 14-50 but am considering a wall charger
Actually pretty easy. You just need a 14-50 range plug, Amazon or hard ware stores sell them. You wire the cables into the HPWC and plug it in. So you’re actually plugging the wall charger in not switching the 14-50 outlet.
I did this and also upgraded my 50a breaker to 60a to get the full power of the WC.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I will likely back the Tesla in. We'll see about my wife. I've tried backing my Subaru in but the narrow curving driveway combined with the uphill slope and feathering the clutch makes it a bit trickier and filled the garage with fumes.

I have a similar driveway which makes it way easier to pull in nose first. No way my wife would ever attempt reversing in.

Would an EV make reversing in a lot easier for this type of driveway? Having a sloped driveway makes it difficult to smoothly reverse with an ICE car.

That’s why I plan on putting my wall charger on the left wall of my garage right where the charging port would been when pulling in nose first. This location is also the shortest point from my electrical box in my basement. Should I be rethinking my charger location and reverse in instead?

I think for a car to stitch together footage for 360 view the cameras have to be mounted at the same height. So they’d need a front camera mounted near the hood/front bumper area.
Not necessarily, I don’t think. The front camera on my xc90 and my wife’s previous rdx are considerably lower height than the cameras on the side mirror and both of them have 360 view. With the Tesla camera higher, the view might be different but I’ll take that to nothing at all.

This is exactly why my wife doesn’t like him. That and moving his factory to TX from CA where there are way fewer protections for workers.
Don’t care for Elon either way but he didn’t move his factory from CA to TX. He’s opening a new one in TX which is expansion and also lots of job opportunities from the construction jobs to the manufacturing jobs. The one in CA is still there and also expanding. That should get him some brownie points.

Darn it! My EDD hasn’t moved since 9/24 until this morning (Sunday) between 8 and 9am Eastern. It has been 11/4-24. It moved in the wrong direction and now sits at 11/15-12/13 (28 days, the new standard). I got a call from a SA a few days ago stating she expected I would get a VIN within 30 days. I was hoping she was just trying to manage my expectations and I would actually get it sooner. Oh well. The wait continues. Inner peace…

Reactions: samori01
I have a similar driveway which makes it way easier to pull in nose first. No way my wife would ever attempt reversing in.

Would an EV make reversing in a lot easier for this type of driveway? Having a sloped driveway makes it difficult to smoothly reverse with an ICE car.

That’s why I plan on putting my wall charger on the left wall of my garage right where the charging port would been when pulling in nose first. This location is also the shortest point from my electrical box in my basement. Should I be rethinking my charger location and reverse in instead?
Ask for an extended test drive, and take it home and try it out, see how easy or hard it is to reverse. Tesla has mastered low speed accelerator modulation and gentle power delivery. It’s really good. Combined with auto hold that smoothly blends in brakes, reversing uphill is a piece of cake.

What do you currently drive? An automatic combustion car is harder due to fluctuating power levels as engine revs. A manual would be even harder when adding in the clutch - that takes full concentration. If you currently drive a hybrid, it’d probably feel about the same.

Darn it! My EDD hasn’t moved since 9/24 until this morning (Sunday) between 8 and 9am Eastern. It has been 11/4-24. It moved in the wrong direction and now sits at 11/15-12/13 (28 days, the new standard). I got a call from a SA a few days ago stating she expected I would get a VIN within 30 days. I was hoping she was just trying to manage my expectations and I would actually get it sooner. Oh well. The wait continues. Inner peace…
Are you picking up your from GR?

Actually pretty easy. You just need a 14-50 range plug, Amazon or hard ware stores sell them. You wire the cables into the HPWC and plug it in. So you’re actually plugging the wall charger in not switching the 14-50 outlet.
I did this and also upgraded my 50a breaker to 60a to get the full power of the WC.
Not a good idea unless you limited the HPWC to 40A. 48A continuous through a 14-50 could result in melting/fire.

If it wasn't already, any plug in a garage needs to be GFI protected, a pretty expensive circuit breaker.

Ask for an extended test drive, and take it home and try it out, see how easy or hard it is to reverse. Tesla has mastered low speed accelerator modulation and gentle power delivery. It’s really good. Combined with auto hold that smoothly blends in brakes, reversing uphill is a piece of cake.

What do you currently drive? An automatic combustion car is harder due to fluctuating power levels as engine revs. A manual would be even harder when adding in the clutch - that takes full concentration. If you currently drive a hybrid, it’d probably feel about the same.

I drive a grand Cherokee. Makes it tricky. I ordered my Model Y without ever test driving one as the closest delivery center is about 4hrs away. Makes test drives, especially overnight ones, not easy.

I’m sure this data may be on the tracker spreadsheet. Do 7 seats usually delivery slower, or not have a direct effect?

8/31 order/profile date. Jan 8 - Feb 5 EDD
I took delivery of a seven seater in average time at the time (about 3 months). Based on new order lead times today it looks like Tesla is prioritizing seven seaters by a few months probably because of the higher total sale price.

Hard to say. I'm putting mine on the back wall of the garage, offset to one side of the garage (because the door is right in the middle). This is the easiest access point from the basement, too. This should allow me to back in on either side or pull in on the right side with the 20' cable being long enough to reach the rear of the car.