Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add one point to aboe - i beleive to get the 48A you will need to have a 60A breaker, with the 14-50 NEMA adapter you will need a 50M breaker
yes, for continuous loads (like charging an EV), you only get to use 80% of a circuit's rated capacity. 48A requires a 60A rated circuit - not just the breaker, but the wiring as well. 40A requires a 50A circuit, etc etc.

Reactions: PatrickTM
24 hours is too small a period when you buy something for 72K :-(( So we better use a good checklist or something
I mean, I agree of course. But that doesn't mean your warranty is only 24 hours. My plan is to do as thorough an inspection as possible on delivery, create tickets as needed, and be annoying as hell if any of that doesn't get taken care of. But the warranty is fairly generous by industry standards.

I apologize for offending you...not my intent. Just meant in general, not calling you out specifically, that the wait is long, the EDDs will continue to change for God knows what (maybe even because of Hertz), and that it isn't worth stressing over and enjoy life.

While my EDD did move up I am fully expecting it to move again, and probably back to April or later. Like I said my wifes Telluride came 2 months after we were told (about 5-6months total)...all manufacturers with high demand vehicles and supply chain issues are having a tough time meeting specific dates set months out.

I get that some people have legit gripes...I saw a few people that had actual VINs and Delivery dates (not estimated) just to have them pulled. That is messed up.

I will stay away from any EDD discussion going forward as I am not looking to offend anyone or get into any heated debate...was just trying to help out and put things in perspective about high demand vehicles with global supply issues affecting all manufactures of all kinds.
Stop being nice, people get offended to easily.

• Disagree
Reactions: samori01
I mean, I agree of course. But that doesn't mean your warranty is only 24 hours. My plan is to do as thorough an inspection as possible on delivery, create tickets as needed, and be annoying as hell if any of that doesn't get taken care of. But the warranty is fairly generous by industry standards.
Here is a checklist I found online let us know if anybody has another checklist that’s better.

How long do I wait to ask for a new car?
I was scheduled for pickup on Friday Oct 15th and an hour before my appt was called and said my car was on containment hold. Took engineering a week to figure out what to do and to arrange a part to ship out, which has not been received yet. The part came from a third party and my local service people say there was no tracking info and they don’t know when it is going to get there to do the fix. I know what the issue is with the car(supposedly about 50 vehicles were affected overall), but it has been extremely disappointing and frustrating that no one can tell me when it’s going to get delivered or done.
Should I just ask for a new car, and if I do how long will that take? Feels like a lose-lose situation almost. I’m at day 108 now and I was fine until 2 weeks ago, but the anxiety now sucks.

The model Y comes with the mobile connector, which has modular adapters available. The included adapter is just for 110 / 15A. If you buy the optional NEMA 14-50 adapter ($45 on the store), you get 240V / 32A charging speed. That's generally fine for overnight charging. But if you want faster than that, you need either a third party J1772 based AC charger (like Juicebox, Chargepoint Flex, Clipper Creek), or the Tesla Wall Connector. These can get you up to 48A / 240V AC charging.
How many miles per hour do you get with the Juicebox. When looking at the difference between the 14-50 and the Wall charger it is like 31 miles per hour to 36-37...which wasn't worth the extra money imo. I actually have a Gen 1 Wall charger as a gift for my referrals, but haven't upgraded the breaker and haven't installed it.

How long do I wait to ask for a new car?
I was scheduled for pickup on Friday Oct 15th and an hour before my appt was called and said my car was on containment hold. Took engineering a week to figure out what to do and to arrange a part to ship out, which has not been received yet. The part came from a third party and my local service people say there was no tracking info and they don’t know when it is going to get there to do the fix. I know what the issue is with the car(supposedly about 50 vehicles were affected overall), but it has been extremely disappointing and frustrating that no one can tell me when it’s going to get delivered or done.
Should I just ask for a new car, and if I do how long will that take? Feels like a lose-lose situation almost. I’m at day 108 now and I was fine until 2 weeks ago, but the anxiety now sucks.
Geez! This is ridiculous.

How many miles per hour do you get with the Juicebox. When looking at the difference between the 14-50 and the Wall charger it is like 31 miles per hour to 36-37...which wasn't worth the extra money imo. I actually have a Gen 1 Wall charger as a gift for my referrals, but haven't upgraded the breaker and haven't installed it.
Either way you get a tax credit for it. I opted for the wall connector because I was installing it myself, and it needs one fewer wires (cheaper in materials). Plus it’s clean.

Tesbros is good, I just didn't want to walk around with sheets of paper and the one I linked acts as an app on your phone and you can check things off as you go.