Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. There are a few scratches on the front bumper and a few other minor things. Overall I’m very pleased :)

I do have 1 free year of premium connectivity. The website is not clear about this for orders before Oct 2021.
Congrats! I’m jealous though. I ordered a blue MYLR 5 seats a few days before you and my EDD is Feb2-Mar2. WTH?

Have fun with yours. Post pics so I can live vicariously through you. :)

I knew something was going to go wrong. It’s only fitting for my journey with Tesla and this vehicle. Pickup has been rescheduled to next Friday due to a damaged part that needs to be replaced. 🤬
Sorry to hear. Raleigh SA called me the afternoon prior to my scheduled delivery last week to let me know that several panels had body damage and need repair and paint. I passed on the vehicle and now in delivery limbo -- one guy says "a couple of weeks" and his associate later says that "you go to the back of the line".

A question that I believe has been answered here before but can't find it. If I'm paying with a cashiers check on my pickup next week, do I need to let my pickup location know? I have the link bank account button now but I'd rather take a look at the car first before paying.
I think I’ve seen ppl saying they let their SA/DC know, but not sure if it’s mandatory. Definitely doesn’t hurt to give ‘em a heads up to ensure everything goes smoothly.

A question that I believe has been answered here before but can't find it. If I'm paying with a cashiers check on my pickup next week, do I need to let my pickup location know? I have the link bank account button now but I'd rather take a look at the car first before paying.
When we picked up my wife’s MYP, I just brought a cashiers check. No prior communication and it was no problem.

Yes I let the delivery scheduler know I was paying by check, and she noted it in my account. Even after that though I still received a couple of texts asking me to make final payment, which you can ignore. You then need to check in with them in person on delivery day and they can open the car for you to inspect interior.

Could be worse, I have a delivery date set and I still haven't heard from anyone. Had to call the number to find the guy's email, no response since Monday.
Same here. My delivery date is set and I have not spoken to anyone from when I placed my order to now. I’m not expecting anyone from the pickup location to reach out. It’s a contactless delivery.

I might call regarding the front plates though. I might install one of those license plate brackets.

Reactions: PatrickTM
The EDD gods giveth and taketh away. This time they giveth and I was moved in to Dec 15-31. We’ll see if it holds - it probably wont. Also, the 16 day window is unique.

It seems like they keep squeezing the EDD window that ends at the quarter. They don’t want an EDD that crosses a quarter end so they put you on one side or the other.

Take this for what it's worth.

I used a checklist when I picked up my 2021 MYLR last November 3rd. Nothing that I had fixed that I noticed from the checklist turned out to be in my favor. The door alignment that took them 3 times to get good enough for my new obsession of panel gaps lead to good appearing fitment but the rear drivers door needed to be slammed shut for the life of the car. The plastic over wheel trim didn't fit well. They replaced the clips with two different sets and the gaps were worse when they were done.

The three worthwhile things I had them correct were grease stains on the headliner (headliner replaced), a missing "Model Y" sill plate on the passenger side, and a ding on the front fender (PDR). I didn't need any checklist to find those.

If you look for faults, you will find them. They will try to correct them and in my experience not always make them perfect, therefore driving you even more crazy.

Take any of these checklists to your current car and realize just how many issues are on your current vehicle that you had no idea.

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, I love all things automotive. I inspected my couple year old Cadillac ATS and brand new Equinox Premier and was amazed how poor those cars looked when trying to find fault. Prior to using the checklist on them I enjoyed the cars and thought they looked good. Once I knew of the issues it's impossible to not obsess over them.

To be clear, I want everyone to have a high quality car that meets every expectation they have, but to enter the delivery process trying to find issue will very likely lead to some longterm disappointments.
I “used” to be obsessed with build quality, etc. Damn OCD! I’m sure I’ll be the same when I pick up my MY. I’ll probably take an hour looking over the car looking for faults. The first few months, years, I’ll probably be extremely OCD. Having kids now does help with being more relaxed and just mentally “it is what it is”. Lol. Before having kids, no eating in the car. After kids, here eat this orange cheesy corn puffs. Anything to keep them occupied and minimize sibling rivalry of the backseat conquests.

It’s almost impossible to find a new car without any build quality fault. I’m sure they exist.

I had new Acura with bumper paint already peeling from the factory. BMWs with misaligned doors, custom built, fresh from the factory. A Volvo with misaligned vent and cargo area speaker grill halfway sticking out. These were all pretty noticeable and were missed from the QC inspection. They are churning these cars out so quickly that some build quality just happens.

Instead of dealing with the BMW service to fix the misaligned doors, I adjusted the door striker myself with my set of Torx screwdrivers. The service might just align it to be just OK and not perfect.

Reactions: boulder.dude
Sorry to hear. Raleigh SA called me the afternoon prior to my scheduled delivery last week to let me know that several panels had body damage and need repair and paint. I passed on the vehicle and now in delivery limbo -- one guy says "a couple of weeks" and his associate later says that "you go to the back of the line".
And I don’t want to go to the back of the line. I will ultimately need a vehicle. If that happens I unfortunately will have to get an ICE vehicle. They just don’t make it easy.

This is my anxiety now. It'd suck if the car gets delayed for logistical reasons but I'd get over it. But if it's delayed for damage they have to repair, I'd be really skeptical they're able to fix it properly at a service center. Especially with the multi-coat paints, which I hear is difficult to match.

My delivery date has gone the following route for my SR+:
Ordered early Sept., the week after the dates change from 8-12 weeks to January
Original: Jan 2022
2 days later: Nov 7-Nov 30
March
NONE
Nov 1 - Nov 21
January 7 - 30
Nov 7 - Dec 4
Jan 14- Feb 11
Nov 4 - Dec 4
Today it has switched back to Jan 14 - Feb 11

Who know when it will actually come...kinda crazy how often (and how much) the date ranges switch.
I'm hoping for mid/late-November.
I've hired an electrician to put in the new charger.