Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the raspberry Pi solution that allows you to upload the video footage to your home NAS automatically every time the car connects to your home network. Further, it allows you to synch your music folder on the NAS and on there usb to allow you to carry your favorite songs with you. That is an added bonus. My Pi4 (you could do this with a Pi zero as well) is ready to go… just need the car. I’m going to use the Samsung 1TB SSD bought at Costco.

If you are not into the above you could use the 1TB ssd by itself.
Might have to take a look into this Raspberry Pi trick… 🤔 I happen to have one laying around. Along with a 2TB SSD I plan on using. More than enough space most likely lol but I use it for other things too, so may just partition like 1/2 TB for sentry.

Pickup experience was ok. They SA wanted me to be excited (“Happy Tesla Day”) but I just wasn’t feeling that - not after a five month to the day rollercoaster ride. Did a quick look around this morning and everything looks good for the most part. The rear hatch seems a bit misaligned so I have a message out to the service department to see if it is an Ishtar can be addressed.
Congrats! I'm curious if Raleigh SC cars come with either PPF or mud flaps? Hopefully the SC takes care of your concerns. In general, the Raleigh SC seems to be one of the better ones in terms of doing right by customers from polling here and on the FB group. Hoping that stays the case with the boom in the number of Tesla cars I see in the Triangle area.

Today my status changed to Delivery: 20-Nov-2021 at 10:00 AM. To think that five days ago it was 05-Jan to 02-Feb.

I'm getting carrier direct delivery and there was some confusion so I called and was told our car will be delivered to the store on 17-November and should be loaded for final delivery between 20-22 November. The SA said the date and time was just a placeholder.

Last edited:
Is anyone else experiencing a longer than usual delay in getting an updated trade in value? I got a request to update my odometer reading on my trade-in this past Thursday morning and sent it in immediately. As of this morning, I am still getting the message "trade in valuation in progress". When I updated a month ago (on the weekend no less), I had a revised valuation back in 24 hours. I am probably just a little bit paranoid since my EDD window starts in less than 30 days and I don't want anything in my account to cause the EDD to slip further out.
Mine took almost a week to complete the evaluation. And there was no way I could expedite that as the trade team is not customer facing. I know it’s hard to do, but I’d ignore it for a while. Once they are trying to figure out your delivery your SA will be more motivated to make sure your stuff gets completed. 4-7 days before delivery was a rush of haphazard communication.

EDD pendulum swung again this morning, from 11/17-29 to 2/8-3/8… waiting for the probable swing back but I prefer the new date range. I need to get my outlet installed in the garage and want to see how the credits play out. What a ride it’s been though, no EDD for the first 3 weeks after order, than a vague “March” estimate popped up, then 10/27-11/15ish, back to 2/22-3/17, then 12/17-31, 1/22-2/17, 11/17-29 and now back to the 2/8-3/8 range… these swings remind me of my toddler’s emotional state some days.

Amigos just a few post delivery notes FWIW:
1- No mudflaps or PPF (backdoor) for me. So it is likely a random DC event
1b- Don’t go in expecting panel gaps or paint defects hahaha. I talked with few recent deliveries- NONE had any body issues to report. But again do your diligence as always but expect to see nothing. I think their QC is pretty good now. I see more gaps in other vehicles haha
1c- Check your home WiFi strength around the area where you are going to park the car. I park it outside so had to add an xfinity pod to increase coverage
2- Once you take delivery go on a 5-10M drive on a highway for cameras to calibrate well. I drove around on local poorly marked roads for 100M+ (also cloudy/rainy days). Camera wouldn’t fully calibrate so couldn’t activate the cruise control/autopilot etc. So don’t get upset if it happens to you. Just take it to the highway preferably on a bright sunny day and it calibrates in <5 miles!!
3- The autopilot feature is fabulous on highways but pretty scary on local roads!!!
4- If I could go back in time - I would cancel the FSD. Haven’t tried it much but doesn’t seem to be worth the $10K by any means.

Otherwise the car is amazing. I specially like that I now have the complete control in my app/phone irrespective of the location.
Nice to see Old Guy No-longer waits back on the thread, so happy you’re enjoying the car and thanks for these updates. Are you getting a lot of phantom braking using AP? If so is it more likely on local roads, hence your comment about highways being better? This issue really is a concern to me, my wife legit won’t drive the car if that happens when we’re driving together.

Is anyone else experiencing a longer than usual delay in getting an updated trade in value? I got a request to update my odometer reading on my trade-in this past Thursday morning and sent it in immediately. As of this morning, I am still getting the message "trade in valuation in progress". When I updated a month ago (on the weekend no less), I had a revised valuation back in 24 hours. I am probably just a little bit paranoid since my EDD window starts in less than 30 days and I don't want anything in my account to cause the EDD to slip further out.
Yes, it's been 4-5 days this time. Still don't have it.

Hey guys, figured I would drop an update here to keep the thread going with the most recent orders. Ordered my MYP (white with black interior) on November 2nd. First update to come through on delivery timing is estimating 12/29-12/31. Obviously I don't want to take delivery until 1/1 (new EV incentives going into effect) so I let the advisor I had chatted with know that and was told that once it lands at the location I have to pick it up within 72 hours of it being ready or they will cancel my order. Suggested I put the order on hold by marking me "ineligible" until 12/31 so the earliest a vehicle would land would be 12/31 but it could arrive 12/31 or March, he couldn't tell me which. I basically laughed at him, you can't make me pick up the vehicle, if I am out of town visiting family and the car arrives you're going to force me to reorder? Doesn't make any sense. A buddy of mine who owns a M3P was saying not to worry about it because the car won't come before the delivery estimate and will likely be at least a couple weeks later than the initial estimate because "it always is". Wondering if anyone has had an experience with this. First off in the delivery timing related to the initial estimate, secondly delaying delivery for a week because you are unavailable, etc. My worry is that with the infrastructure bill passing that everyone is going to want to delay until 1/1. If a bunch of people get marked ineligible in front of me in line and I get moved up is that going to be a problem?
Not sure about hold, but I just happen to get a vin and car almost here, assigned 2 weeks before the beginning of my edd. You may get matched to a denied car, and would have to decide. I, on the other hand, am not willing to go back in queue, as the car is new, and I believe coming to me since someone couldn't pick it up, like you are saying, being out of town or for whatever reason.
Big decision to make.

I got the schedule your delivery message today, even though the SA at the call center said I shouldn't have to worry about it till the 10th. So much for that short relief. I am back in panic mode. They are giving me Monday and Tuesday for delivery, when I won't even have my lending completed till Tuesday, and a check possibly till Thursday.

Talk about a roller coaster!

Another EDD change…another disappointment.
Moved back to Dec 3 to Dec 31. Had a 2 week window last EDD that jumped to damn near the whole month.
Inner Peace
Damn. Tryna figure out why they don’t show much love to the black exteriors. Thought a wave was coming when a couple folks with black orders got VINs recently, but seeming more sporadic now.

That’s what I don’t understand yet. I did click on the FSD-beta and it shows as active. I have read people getting into a waiting list etc but I didn’t see anything of that sort. It was available for me to activate as soon as the cameras fully calibrated.
You have a FSD-capable vehicle (cameras, computer, etc.) When you engage in autopilot right off jump street, it's technically "enhanced autopilot" which includes lane keeping, lane changes, traffic aware cruise control, and even Nav on AP.

You need to opt into FSD Beta from your screen to basically get in line to be a beta tester. The last few weeks, Tesla started pushing it out to anyone with a safety score of 99 or 100. You need to drive 100 miles at last since you opt in via your screen. That's what you're seeing I suspect, your opt-in. Use your app to check safety score and see what you earned. Anything shy of 96 will be really hard and take a lot of effort to get up to 99.

If/when you get 99 or 100, Tesla should batch you into a push for actual FSD beta. You'll get an email confirming you're in. Anything else means you're using AP. Still great features by the way!

I ordered on 9/29 and this Thursday I got an email to make final payment, accept order changes for "Tesla Vision", and assigned VIN and delivery agreement PDF. Delivery went from Feb-Mar to Nov 4-8.

Then hours later the payment options are gone, VIN is gone. And then today the delivery estimate is now...June.

Only evidence of the car ever existing is the Delivery Agreement PDF is still in the document section.

I'm not in a big hurry since I'm trading in a 3 and I was hoping for 2022 tax credits, but June is a bit much.

Well just picked it up. When I first looked at it I was a bit taken back as it looked like overspray was all over the black trim, window and side mirror. Also the adhesive from the tape was still present on the drivers door so it looked like a clear line along with some new scratches were present between what was painted and original. Thankfully it was just adhesive (no scratches) and what looked like overspray was able to be just wiped away. Would have been nice if it had been taken care of before they notified me it was ready, but all’s well that ends well. Actually I won’t know for sure until I wash it, and they recommend waiting 48 hours. But the service advisor says if you notice anything just bring it back.

They were also able to adjust the panel gap, and make the parking sensor flush and even cleaned up the grubby little finger marks that one of the several people that have checked out the front seat must have left (meaning it wasn’t there at delivery).

Phew!!
Update: Finally got a chance to wash it and have a good look in sunlight and unfortunately there is a straight line which looks like a masking line on rear qtr panel (not the door which is where the damage was and actually looks great). Looks like it wasn’t blended improperly, and at the correct angle is clearly visible going from the wheel well up to the window, even distorting reflected objects.
6AF78A99-8329-4995-BA97-F9995C8E093B.jpeg
At different angles, and overcast lighting, it is not visible and many, including my wife can’t see it. Can’t feel it either so it’s not raised or anything.

Anyway I’m supposed to bring it back in next week for their paint guy to look at. I’m good at seeing those things (unfortunately), but have no skills in paint correction, so no idea if it can be sanded down and/or buffed out or something more involved needs to happen.

I was able to capture it on the attached image.

Hoping for the best. Inner peace.

I ordered on 9/29 and this Thursday I got an email to make final payment, accept order changes for "Tesla Vision", and assigned VIN and delivery agreement PDF. Delivery went from Feb-Mar to Nov 4-8.

Then hours later the payment options are gone, VIN is gone. And then today the delivery estimate is now...June.

Only evidence of the car ever existing is the Delivery Agreement PDF is still in the document section.

I'm not in a big hurry since I'm trading in a 3 and I was hoping for 2022 tax credits, but June is a bit much.
Geez, that's rough.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker