Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to jump back in here with a warning for new MY owners. It concerns opening the back hatch in a garage. Mine almost hit the garage door overhead when the garage door was open. The hatch opens much higher than any vehicle I have owned including my Honda Pilot. I had to grab on to the hatch to stop it.

I have done the process to limit the hatch opening in the owners manual but still intend on putting some kind of cushion on the garage door in case this resets.
Literally just pulled in my garage and forgot and hit the button….Tes isn’t even a day old!!’ She looked ok though but definitely going to stick a pool noodle on the door for next time 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Did anyone get their loan check to Tesla 2 weeks before delivery and in that case did you just sit on it or went ahead to the delivery center and paid it in advance. I’m trying to decide because as far as I’m concerned I’m starting to incur finance charges and the loan is funded and I have my check. Thinking why not give it to Tesla so atleast they can put the money to use!!
I had the check a week or so before delivery (didn't anticipate to get it that quick), but sat on it. Didn't want to give it in advance & deal with any issues later on.

This may be obvious, but can someone explain the electronic payment options at delivery? Our SA is 2 hours away so I’m nervous about showing up with no down payment arranged. Can I just pay from my bank account on their website once I’m satisfied with the car?
If you fine with Cashier's check & the loan check (if financing), that might be a better option. Just drop them and get the car.

Oh no!! Not even a power of attorney to a trusted person could solve that?
Or the home delivery?
Funny enough.. they did check and see if someone else (Family or Friend) could take delivery for me, lol. Unfortunately that's not an option for me.

My SA proposed doing a whole notary/power of attorney route; the fact that Tesla would rather go through all that legal/paperwork hassle rather than hold on to this car for me for a week is bananas.

Well, the blue button finally appeared for me. I've gotten two calls and three texts from my SC today, all confirming tomorrow's pickup at 6 PM 🙌🏽 my 6 month wait is finally coming to an end!

Attachments

• IMG_0694.PNG
    IMG_0694.PNG
    343.5 KB · Views: 97
You are lucky, I ordered my red/black LR MY 5 seat / tow hitch / 19" wheels mid October and I had an EDD of May 2022 but now it says June 2022. Mine is going the wrong direction.

I guess ordering red, the least ordered color, is hurting my delivery date.
I originally order a MYLR August 22, then deleted the tow hitch on 9/20. My EDD has changed from January to April and now to June since then. Considering switching to a MYP as they are showing January EDDs, if I felt confident about a January EDD I would do it right now, but I’m a little hesitant based on my current EDD changes

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
...To my knowledge, after their defeat in front of the IPUC a couple of years ago going after net metering they haven't tried again, because they don't want this known. They'd be paying ME!
Quoting myself because, shortly after I posted I found out Idaho Power is just now making another run at getting rid of net metering. Only at the "planning to do another study stage," so their intent may be more to discourage potential solar adapters by frightening them rather than to actually show their work this time. We shall see.

Just wanted to jump back in here with a warning for new MY owners. It concerns opening the back hatch in a garage. Mine almost hit the garage door overhead when the garage door was open. The hatch opens much higher than any vehicle I have owned including my Honda Pilot. I had to grab on to the hatch to stop it.

I have done the process to limit the hatch opening in the owners manual but still intend on putting some kind of cushion on the garage door in case this resets.
Get yourself a Liftmaster high lift door opener ( door hugs the ceiling ). I have 12' ceilings and needed it for a car lift I have in there but even with standard ceilings it does wonders

Quoting myself because, shortly after I posted I found out Idaho Power is just now making another run at getting rid of net metering. Only at the "planning to do another study stage," so their intent may be more to discourage potential solar adapters by frightening them rather than to actually show their work this time. We shall see.
That was what the local climate coalition group in Hailey, and one of the local solar contractors told me the other day. And there is a local letter writing campaign going through Hailey CAC (climate action committee) as well. Planning on getting involved as I can.

So looking forward to my car, and also have real short timer’s disease with regard to using oil or fossil products as much as possible. Also, after the test drive last week, really looking forward to the driving experience after all these years in old school ICE vehicles. The cockpit of the car reminds me of Star Trek Next Gen in a way. “Data, make it so!”

Heard back from the SA that I talked to yesterday and Tesla will not accept my 2020 Bolt as a trade-in since it is under recall for the recent battery fires. I wasn't really surprised and have made financial arrangements so I can pay the full price of the car in cash.

On a related subject, has anyone used the Instant Cash Offer feature of the Kelly Blue Book site? Is the offer they give you a locked in number or just the starting point for negotiation with one of their participating dealers? Will also be checking Vroom, Carmax, and Carvanna as well, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used KBB.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Heard back from the SA that I talked to yesterday and Tesla will not accept my 2020 Bolt as a trade-in since it is under recall for the recent battery fires. I wasn't really surprised and have made financial arrangements so I can pay the full price of the car in cash.

On a related subject, has anyone used the Instant Cash Offer feature of the Kelly Blue Book site? Is the offer they give you a locked in number or just the starting point for negotiation with one of their participating dealers? Will also be checking Vroom, Carmax, and Carvanna as well, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used KBB.
Add shift.com to that because they offered me the most by far for my etron. KBB was the lowest and from what I heard from a dealer is that’s basically a starting point. I had one dealer offer me less than KBB 🤦🏿‍♂️

How did you do this? Called SA?
I called my SC, which they’re actually now routing calls to their “call center” line (their reps are actually remote). After clicking thru the prompts, I asked the rep if they could update me with the vehicle location so we can make sure we’re still on track for a 11/26 delivery.

I know I’ve seen a phone number in this thread several times to get a rep that can ping your vehicle for you, but my way worked fine for me 🤷‍♂️ not sure if all SC’s are routing calls to their call center lines, but I’m not surprised mine is now bc they’ve been super busy lately.