Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

FINALLY!! Delivered today.....no USB ports or wireless charging....mobile service Tuesday afternoon
Absolutely NO other paint, trim, panel issues!
LDCRS mats ordered: https://www.amazon.com/LDCRS-Tesla-...5?keywords=model+y+mats&qid=1637370164&sr=8-5
Clear bra and tint tomorrow.
jealous.. so jealous... beuatiful car!!!!!

So excited!!!
Pickup day: tomorrow, 11am
They called this morning to tell me I could have gotten it today but I worked all day, couldn't get off early (be ready to pick up your car a day early).
Can't believe I'm finally getting my MY.
One more sleep!
Thank you all for making the wait bearable.
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Congratulations!!!!!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

FINALLY!! Delivered today.....no USB ports or wireless charging....mobile service Tuesday afternoon
Absolutely NO other paint, trim, panel issues!
LDCRS mats ordered: https://www.amazon.com/LDCRS-Tesla-...5?keywords=model+y+mats&qid=1637370164&sr=8-5
Clear bra and tint tomorrow.
DId they tell you about the missing USBs before you arrived ?

I am not sure I wouldl take delivery if there is anything missing, especially if no one told me anything in advance.
As much as I want my car I think I would reject the VIN if this happened.

At the least they would need to comp me some swag or a free month of FSD

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
DId they tell you about the missing USBs before you arrived ?

I am not sure I wouldl take delivery if there is anything missing, especially if no one told me anything in advance.
As much as I want my car I think I would reject the VIN if this happened.

At the least they would need to comp me some swag or a free month of FSD
No, they didn't tell me...it's all over the internet.
I'll get them installed in my driveway Tuesday....no big deal!

Virginia/DC area. Rep changed delivery date to November 24. LR white. Five more days!

Question, is there a way to contact the dealer directly? Every time I call it's a call center. I ask because I have to juggle several things to make the pick up time. The Rep says sometimes the people at the dealership are able to get your vehicle ready before the scheduled date.

Virginia/DC area. Rep changed delivery date to November 24. LR white. Five more days!

Question, is there a way to contact the dealer directly? Every time I call it's a call center. I ask because I have to juggle several things to make the pick up time. The Rep says sometimes the people at the dealership are able to get your vehicle ready before the scheduled date.
The call center has the ability to connect you to the local Tesla store. Just need to ask them. I’ve done that a few times so far.

Has anyone here taken delivery and then had no luck getting the car to “connect” with your app? Initially it kept timing out with “500 error
” code. After awhile it stopped erroring out, however, it’s in a constant state of “connecting”. I can still drive the car, but 2.5hrs later I’m still trying to connect. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
So, I haven’t told this story yet, but when our MY was delivered a couple of months ago, via home delivery, we had this issue. I live in the hills north of Los Angeles and there is horrible cell reception at my house. They did a home delivery and just dropped the car without giving me a heads up - I looked outside and had a MY in my driveway 3 hours before my delivery time. Okay 🤷‍♂️
I tried to connect the Tesla app to unlock car and it would not connect/sync. Called Tesla SC & emergency roadside service, they said the car could not connect to internet (no cell reception) so even they could not remotely unlock car- I’d have to get it towed to Tesla service. Had a normal tow truck driver & flatbed out- neither driver would try to Jimmy the window due to how the glass is in Model Y they said it was way too risky and could crack the glass. Also, neither would tow the car to SC because they could not gain access to car to put in neutral, and didn’t want to risk pulling the car due to various potential issues with doing that.
So, 2am in morning, and 8 hours after receiving my car, I essentially have a large paperweight sitting in my driveway. Tesla can’t do anything, nobody can/will tow it, and Tesla is telling me that even their mobile service techs DO NOT have a ‘master’ key to unlock cars. (Which I still refuse to believe) They tell me that something is wrong with cars wireless connector , and that they will pick it up in a week and I will need to get a new car altogether. This one is a lemon. CRAP!
I go to bed pretty mad at how things have unfolded- by the way my wife is 9 months pregnant at this time, this is our only car (we sold M3 and Kia in the days before this), so I’m feeling the heat. I need this to work out haha.
We Wake up the next morning and the car is showing up on my mobile app. For whatever reason, throughout the night, the car connected to LTE . I ran downstairs, connected car to Wi-Fi, and have never had an issue since. I spoke with manager of my local SC who said it was just that initial connection, and there should be no issues going forward. Haven’t had an issue since then thankfully.
My wife’s water broke the next day, while we were driving in the MY. Seriously- she almost had our daughter in the passenger seat since we got stuck in rush hour traffic on a Friday in LA. So, I was beyond lucky we had a working car. Imagine ubering with wife to hospital while she’s in labor- yikes.
Moral of story; if you live somewhere with spotty cell reception, make sure the home delivery driver stays with you until everything is connected.

Also, for the last day or so I have been getting that “500” message when I try to look at MY on app- it doesn’t produce that message for my solar on app. So it’s something with just the cars, hopefully they fix it soon with an app update.

So, I haven’t told this story yet, but when our MY was delivered a couple of months ago, via home delivery, we had this issue. I live in the hills north of Los Angeles and there is horrible cell reception at my house. They did a home delivery and just dropped the car without giving me a heads up - I looked outside and had a MY in my driveway 3 hours before my delivery time. Okay 🤷‍♂️
I tried to connect the Tesla app to unlock car and it would not connect/sync. Called Tesla SC & emergency roadside service, they said the car could not connect to internet (no cell reception) so even they could not remotely unlock car- I’d have to get it towed to Tesla service. Had a normal tow truck driver & flatbed out- neither driver would try to Jimmy the window due to how the glass is in Model Y they said it was way too risky and could crack the glass. Also, neither would tow the car to SC because they could not gain access to car to put in neutral, and didn’t want to risk pulling the car due to various potential issues with doing that.
So, 2am in morning, and 8 hours after receiving my car, I essentially have a large paperweight sitting in my driveway. Tesla can’t do anything, nobody can/will tow it, and Tesla is telling me that even their mobile service techs DO NOT have a ‘master’ key to unlock cars. (Which I still refuse to believe) They tell me that something is wrong with cars wireless connector , and that they will pick it up in a week and I will need to get a new car altogether. This one is a lemon. CRAP!
I go to bed pretty mad at how things have unfolded- by the way my wife is 9 months pregnant at this time, this is our only car (we sold M3 and Kia in the days before this), so I’m feeling the heat. I need this to work out haha.
We Wake up the next morning and the car is showing up on my mobile app. For whatever reason, throughout the night, the car connected to LTE . I ran downstairs, connected car to Wi-Fi, and have never had an issue since. I spoke with manager of my local SC who said it was just that initial connection, and there should be no issues going forward. Haven’t had an issue since then thankfully.
My wife’s water broke the next day, while we were driving in the MY. Seriously- she almost had our daughter in the passenger seat since we got stuck in rush hour traffic on a Friday in LA. So, I was beyond lucky we had a working car. Imagine ubering with wife to hospital while she’s in labor- yikes.
Moral of story; if you live somewhere with spotty cell reception, make sure the home delivery driver stays with you until everything is connected.

Also, for the last day or so I have been getting that “500” message when I try to look at MY on app- it doesn’t produce that message for my solar on app. So it’s something with just the cars, hopefully they fix it soon with an app update.
Amazing story. One reason why I chose to live in the suburbs is the connectivity of all utilities is assured. I have a T-Mobile phone and it is able to connect through the Wi-Fi and function just as a phone connected through LTE. Was your cell service AT&T or Verizon?

Amazing story. One reason why I chose to live in the suburbs is the connectivity of all utilities is assured. I have a T-Mobile phone and it is able to connect through the Wi-Fi and function just as a phone connected through LTE. Was your cell service AT&T or Verizon?
Interesting, wish we had that. I have AT&T. I actually had to switch to them when we moved up couple months ago since no other company works. I had Verizon prior to moving .

Verizon has US wide coverage but poor international agreements. T-Mobile has Wi-Fi calling but poorer coverage than Verizon but great roaming in Canada/Mexico and globally. AT&T has better coverage than T-Mobile but does not have as good Wi-Fi calling and seamless transition from the tower to Wi-Fi for call handovers etc. Every house I bought in the last 20 years, I always checked the cell phone coverage physically! I also made sure I had a cable running to the house for good internet.

Verizon has US wide coverage but poor international agreements. T-Mobile has Wi-Fi calling but poorer coverage than Verizon but great roaming in Canada/Mexico and globally. AT&T has better coverage than T-Mobile but does not have as good Wi-Fi calling and seamless transition from the tower to Wi-Fi for call handovers etc. Every house I bought in the last 20 years, I always checked the cell phone coverage physically! I also made sure I had a cable running to the house for good internet.
I have Verizon for normal use but switch to Google FI eSIM for international travel. Works pretty well.

This is a very scary story and so sorry you went through this. The lack of empathy is nakedly visible from Tesla and while I wait for my car I’m very paranoid for issues with the car and the cash that may bleed after due to issues Tesla may choose to slap on me and not address. Deep breaths… I have been a very savvy Tesla fan boy but boy-o-boy that’s wearing away fast as I read more and more about these. Have stated this in the past as well that with cos like Lucid and Rivian on Tesla’s tail it’s a matter of time that this will catchup with Tesla. I cry on the inside when I think about it but it’s beginning to seem inevitable!!

It wouldn’t surprise me if some folks find my last comment funny… to which my only response will be that you never know when you might be holding the bag on the other side!!