Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a very scary story and so sorry you went through this. The lack of empathy is nakedly visible from Tesla and while I wait for my car I’m very paranoid for issues with the car and the cash that may bleed after due to issues Tesla may choose to slap on me and not address. Deep breaths… I have been a very savvy Tesla fan boy but boy-o-boy that’s wearing away fast as I read more and more about these. Have stated this in the past as well that with cos like Lucid and Rivian on Tesla’s tail it’s a matter of time that this will catchup with Tesla. I cry on the inside when I think about it but it’s beginning to seem inevitable!!

It wouldn’t surprise me if some folks find my last comment funny… to which my only response will be that you never know when you might be holding the bag on the other side!!
I’ll say this- I’ve had an issue with every Tesla product and delivery/install I’ve ever had. It’s pretty sad actually how much they drop the ball on seemingly simple things. I’ve had solar installed at 2 houses, PW at 1, and two cars soon to be 3. Literally always had an issue of some sort. Another example- My most recent solar install they never did a site visit before sending a team of 12 guys to install, who had so sit around all day in limbo, since they found issues on install day. We had to reschedule install. Imagine the cost to Tesla for that blunder. I could go on but I’ll save you guys the time!

With all that said, I’ve found they currently offer the best products and at the end of day always make it right and pull it off one way or another. You may have to put in a bit more sweat equity than you’re used to though. Hopefully this changes, if not, I am by no means married to tesla and if a better product comes along I would consider a change.

So, I haven’t told this story yet, but when our MY was delivered a couple of months ago, via home delivery, we had this issue. I live in the hills north of Los Angeles and there is horrible cell reception at my house. They did a home delivery and just dropped the car without giving me a heads up - I looked outside and had a MY in my driveway 3 hours before my delivery time. Okay 🤷‍♂️
I tried to connect the Tesla app to unlock car and it would not connect/sync. Called Tesla SC & emergency roadside service, they said the car could not connect to internet (no cell reception) so even they could not remotely unlock car- I’d have to get it towed to Tesla service. Had a normal tow truck driver & flatbed out- neither driver would try to Jimmy the window due to how the glass is in Model Y they said it was way too risky and could crack the glass. Also, neither would tow the car to SC because they could not gain access to car to put in neutral, and didn’t want to risk pulling the car due to various potential issues with doing that.
So, 2am in morning, and 8 hours after receiving my car, I essentially have a large paperweight sitting in my driveway. Tesla can’t do anything, nobody can/will tow it, and Tesla is telling me that even their mobile service techs DO NOT have a ‘master’ key to unlock cars. (Which I still refuse to believe) They tell me that something is wrong with cars wireless connector , and that they will pick it up in a week and I will need to get a new car altogether. This one is a lemon. CRAP!
I go to bed pretty mad at how things have unfolded- by the way my wife is 9 months pregnant at this time, this is our only car (we sold M3 and Kia in the days before this), so I’m feeling the heat. I need this to work out haha.
We Wake up the next morning and the car is showing up on my mobile app. For whatever reason, throughout the night, the car connected to LTE . I ran downstairs, connected car to Wi-Fi, and have never had an issue since. I spoke with manager of my local SC who said it was just that initial connection, and there should be no issues going forward. Haven’t had an issue since then thankfully.
My wife’s water broke the next day, while we were driving in the MY. Seriously- she almost had our daughter in the passenger seat since we got stuck in rush hour traffic on a Friday in LA. So, I was beyond lucky we had a working car. Imagine ubering with wife to hospital while she’s in labor- yikes.
Moral of story; if you live somewhere with spotty cell reception, make sure the home delivery driver stays with you until everything is connected.

Also, for the last day or so I have been getting that “500” message when I try to look at MY on app- it doesn’t produce that message for my solar on app. So it’s something with just the cars, hopefully they fix it soon with an app update.
That is what I call a testimony.
Congrats on the baby too.

I have Verizon for normal use but switch to Google FI eSIM for international travel. Works pretty well.
I tried it as a second SIM, but realized you can only suspend for a few months and then one needs to maintain service at a minimum monthly cost. I too wanted to use it for international travel. Later T-mobile came up with monthly passes and that made life much easier. So I dumped FI service and kept only the T-mobile service. Plus, I am used to an iPhone and the best experience for FI is with Google's own phone.

Anyone else’s date change today? MYLR white on white 5 seater OD 8/27 EDD was steady at 12-16-12-31 now moved to 1-12-2-16. I sure hope it moves back to December as the AZ registration discount is about to end.
That is very strange. What color of car did you choose? What is your registration/profile completion date? Did you choose loan when you completed your registration.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Has anyone here taken delivery and then had no luck getting the car to “connect” with your app? Initially it kept timing out with “500 error
” code. After awhile it stopped erroring out, however, it’s in a constant state of “connecting”. I can still drive the car, but 2.5hrs later I’m still trying to connect. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I had received a software update, at least that's my conclusion, I couldn't connect to my car, till I drove around a bit. The screen was unresponsive, even rebooting attempts failed.

It all went to normal after about 15 minutes of struggle.

Lurker here. Sorry for the length of this post.

Ordered MYLR (White/Black&white/19 wheels/5 seat/FSD) on July 29 (same day as test drive in Raleigh NC).

EDD Log:

Jul 29, 2021 Official order date
Aug 10, 2021 Oct. 25 -Nov 14
Aug 23 ,2021 Nov 8-Nov 28
Aug 29,2021 January
Aug 31, 2021 Nov 14 -Dec 4
Sep 15, 2021 Nov 2-Nov 22
Oct 12, 2021 Nov 28-Dec 26
Oct 15, 2021 Nov 15-Dec 13
Nov 5, 2021 Nov 21-Dec 5
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 23-Nov 29

On Nov. 10, received email to “Pay Your Model Y Balance.” Went to account and VIN listed, “7SAYGDEE8NF314nnn.” Procured required insurance (added to existing policy). Uploaded insurance card.

Called the Raleigh store telephone number. Answered by call center. Without asking anything from me, such as VIN-he already knew it was I that was calling, he said that he expected the car in Raleigh on the 24th, but expected needing 48 hours for preparation plus they were closed for Thanksgiving (Nov. 25). He said they would send a text message. Thus he thought delivery would be over the weekend after Thanksgiving.

It is somewhat complicated to get the car. It is a 3 hour drive from home to Raleigh, NC and I am not trding in a car..

Yesterday, I received a text message from the Tesla person that I met at the test drive in late July. She wrote that they were expecting the vehicle soon and offered me Saturday-Monday after Thanksgiving for pickup, just as the call center person had said.

The delivery is scheduled for 1:30 pm on Sunday.

Ordered MYLR (White/Black&white/19 wheels/5 seat/FSD) on July 29 (same day as test drive in Raleigh NC).

EDD Log:

Aug 29,2021 January
Nov 5, 2021 Nov 21-Dec 5

On Nov. 10, received email to “Pay Your Model Y Balance.” Went to account and VIN listed, “7SAYGDEE8NF314nnn.” Procured required insurance (added to existing policy). Uploaded insurance card.

Called the Raleigh store telephone number. Answered by call center. Without asking anything from me, such as VIN-he already knew it was I that was calling, he said that he expected the car in Raleigh on the 24th, but expected needing 48 hours for preparation plus they were closed for Thanksgiving (Nov. 25). He said they would send a text message. Thus he thought delivery would be over the weekend after Thanksgiving.

It is somewhat complicated to get the car. It is a 3 hour drive from home to Raleigh, NC and I am not trding in a car..

Yesterday, I received a text message from the Tesla person that I met at the test drive in late July. She wrote that they were expecting the vehicle soon and offered me Saturday-Monday after Thanksgiving for pickup, just as the call center person had said.

That’s my build. OD 8/27 was steady at 12-16/12-31. This morning changed to 1/12-2-16. Hope moves back to original.

EDD Log:

Aug 29,2021 January
Nov 5, 2021 Nov 21-Dec 5

I think I might have the same SA as you. Congrats and be sure to post here when you pick up! Out of curiosity, is there any benefit to taking FSD off your order and paying for it after purchase? I'd imagine it might provide some savings with taxes and annual property tax as well?

White on white everything entered in 8/27. Cash pay.
I will be highly surprised if you do not get your car by 25th December. Dates move around but in the end Tesla is pretty good at delivering as per their initial date. I suspect my delivery may move to 1st week of January, unless Tesla ramps up strongly for December production.

Anyone else’s date change today? MYLR white on white 5 seater OD 8/27 EDD was steady at 12-16-12-31 now moved to 1-12-2-16. I sure hope it moves back to December as the AZ registration discount is about to end.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it comes back for ya.

My OD was 8–7-21…. My EDD moved out two weeks about 3 days ago for the 27th time. You can see my config and new EDD in my signature. I have absolutely ZERO confidence that these dates are anything more than 10,000 monkeys hammering away at the keyboard hoping to turn out Shakespeare. At some point, statistically speaking, they will produce a VIN number and a delivery date that real…. Tesla will do all they can to get you a car this month…. It’s all about the base, or the stock price in this case.

EDD Log:

Aug 29,2021 January
Nov 5, 2021 Nov 21-Dec 5

I'll be in Raleigh for delivery on the Tuesday after T'giving. Hope all goes well for you....give an update on your experience after delivery

Try to stay calm. My EDD shifted from 11/21-12/5 to 2/8-3/8 six days before I got my VIN on 11/13. I was freaking out! My OD is 7/23.

My MY is on a train heading to Chicago. I should get it around 11/3-12/1. Remember…inner peace.