Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was scheduled for 11/30. Automated text today saying that delivery delayed and rescheduled me for 12/3. I called my SA who told me that some transport drivers weren't available over Thanksgiving weekend and many east coast deliveries are delayed a few days. I have a conflict on 12/3 and they booked my delivery for 12/6. Must be very busy with deliveries as they booked me 30 minutes prior to normal delivery hours.
Also received a text from Tesla this morning…My 11/30 scheduled delivery was also delayed until 12/3.

MY LR grey 5 seater. OD 8/13 but honestly not sure how to check when I finished everything profile wise.
There is no way your delivery is going to be next year. It seems Tesla is focusing big time on remaining July and completing all of August OD's.
Regarding signature, just click on your screen name at the top right, and one of the links is signature.
1638062077992.png

I think you're right, here's what I think I was misremembering:

"Once you have returned your vehicle, the return process is final and may not be canceled. At this time, we are not able to facilitate vehicle exchanges. If you decide to order another vehicle, you may not order the same trim for a period of 12 months but may order another vehicle in a different trim at any time. However, if you are found to have abused this policy or have acted in bad faith, you will be prohibited from purchasing any vehicle for a period of 12 months."

I think there's a difference between a 'return' and refusing to accept delivery for a legitimate issue. But if people begin to manipulate the acceptance process the way they apparently are with the 'hold' process they may get a little more hard core about that too. Someone who's been kicked out of hold and is still trying to string out their order might say 'Oh, look at that panel gap, look at that nick in the paint; I refuse delivery.' If it's relatively trivial I'd be 100% ok with Tesla saying 'No, that's a correctable defect; your options are for us to fix it or cancel your order.'
I think that applied when Tesla had a 7 day, 1000 mile return policy. That no longer exists.

Mission Complete: "Sparky 2.0" (OG Sparky is my 2013 Volt with 126K miles) has been delivered! Thanks to the many folk who posted their experiences here on this thread, there were no surprises. Driving from Montgomery, AL, we arrived about 30 minutes early, because I built in a buffer for Atlanta traffic that thankfully never materialized. So, they opened up the car and let me begin my inspection process while waiting for my appointment time. I followed the "teslaprep" checklist that's been posted here before and only found 2 small problems. A piece of trim in the passenger foot well was not completely attached -- service fixed that quickly. There was a small scratch on the pax rear fender that didn't even fully penetrate the clearcoat. I will buff that out myself tomorrow. And unfortunately, there were no front USB-C ports/wireless charging capability. <filling out the form right now> They said that it had already been noted (but they waited for me to discover it :mad: ) and I'd get a text message when the parts arrive.

Since we live 175 miles from the delivery center, I took the opportunity to drive around the area listening for squeaks, rattles and checking for any driveability issues before crossing that 100 mile threshold on the way home. The only thing I noticed was some low frequency booming from the rear hatch. There have been several threads on that and adjusting the rubber bump-stops seems to pretty well reduce or eliminate the noise. I'll work on that tomorrow as well.

Autopilot (TACC + Autosteer) worked well on the 2-hour interstate trip, with only 1 minor phantom braking event due to the shadow of an overpass. The final 30 minutes were on 2-lane state/county highways. As noted in the Owner's manual TACC is not well-suited for these roads yet and I had probably 3 PB events in the last 25 miles. Not nearly as bad as others have experienced, thankfully.

Mudflaps go on tomorrow. Homelink to be installed by Mobile Service on Wednesday and PPF and window tint within a week. All-in-all it was a good day!
MYLR-ATL.jpeg

Mission Complete: "Sparky 2.0" (OG Sparky is my 2013 Volt with 126K miles) has been delivered! Thanks to the many folk who posted their experiences here on this thread, there were no surprises. Driving from Montgomery, AL, we arrived about 30 minutes early, because I built in a buffer for Atlanta traffic that thankfully never materialized. So, they opened up the car and let me begin my inspection process while waiting for my appointment time. I followed the "teslaprep" checklist that's been posted here before and only found 2 small problems. A piece of trim in the passenger foot well was not completely attached -- service fixed that quickly. There was a small scratch on the pax rear fender that didn't even fully penetrate the clearcoat. I will buff that out myself tomorrow. And unfortunately, there were no front USB-C ports/wireless charging capability. <filling out the form right now> They said that it had already been noted (but they waited for me to discover it :mad: ) and I'd get a text message when the parts arrive.

Since we live 175 miles from the delivery center, I took the opportunity to drive around the area listening for squeaks, rattles and checking for any driveability issues before crossing that 100 mile threshold on the way home. The only thing I noticed was some low frequency booming from the rear hatch. There have been several threads on that and adjusting the rubber bump-stops seems to pretty well reduce or eliminate the noise. I'll work on that tomorrow as well.

Autopilot (TACC + Autosteer) worked well on the 2-hour interstate trip, with only 1 minor phantom braking event due to the shadow of an overpass. The final 30 minutes were on 2-lane state/county highways. As noted in the Owner's manual TACC is not well-suited for these roads yet and I had probably 3 PB events in the last 25 miles. Not nearly as bad as others have experienced, thankfully.

Mudflaps go on tomorrow. Homelink to be installed by Mobile Service on Wednesday and PPF and window tint within a week. All-in-all it was a good day!
View attachment 738193
Congratulations! Just curious when did you order homelink so as to get so soon after delivery. Would like to do the same.

Also, for bump stop adjustments,put a small dab of mayo on the rubber bump. When mayo transfers lightly to its mate, you are at zero clearance... get to that spot on both bump stops... after that add 1/2 or 1 full turn to make bump support door... wipe off mayo...

Bummer set back today. I was holding strong with a EDD of 12/17 - 12/31 for the last month. This morning it slid back to 1/11 - 2/14. If this holds true, it will be almost 6 months from order date…
Me too. Elon's email to employees on Friday to control costs (overtime?) and seeing Thanksgiving holiday deliveries postponed by 3-4 days due to shortage of employees was a pointer towards Tesla throwing the towel on their ambitious year end delivery. Oh well. Think of ways you could invest/spend the $8k in rebates:)

Hoping someone has some advice for me. I try to keep up with these threads but there’s so much info conflicting with each other I don’t know what the deal is. I ordered my MYLR on July 26. At the time I had an EDD of some time in October. I currently have an EDD of nov 29- dec 13. The last two weeks, I reach the first day of my EDD and they push the estimate back about 4 days, it’s like a perpetual game of cat and mouse. I feel like I keep seeing people getting their VINs who ordered after me and I don’t get it. My order is nothing special, white exterior white/black interior, FSD, 5 seater, no tow, just the basics. What’s the deal?!
We are on the west coast. They are getting as many deliveries to east coast as possible, then in last 2-3 weeks of quarter will focus almost exclusively on west coast to bump up delivery numbers. I was supposed to have my car around Nov 13 when I ordered, now Dec 13-Jan 2

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
We are on the west coast. They are getting as many deliveries to east coast as possible, then in last 2-3 weeks of quarter will focus almost exclusively on west coast to bump up delivery numbers. I was supposed to have my car around Nov 13 when I ordered, now Dec 13-Jan 2
It would be a bummer to get a car on the 30th or 31st December from a rebate point of view.