Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our charger installed today. Now we just need the car LOL
090C1ECE-4E60-4427-A03A-A7817A177E5C.jpeg

Seriously, no VINs today?! In the past few quarters, during the last month VINs were flying even on Sundays.

I wonder if all the people who have been bending over backwards trying to delay their orders to 2022 (and yes, that has included me at times) will be super regretful when waiting for their VINs in January, then February, then March, then April, etc.

Anyway, hope everyone had a nice weekend. My long weekend continues on! *insert evil laugh* I'm enjoying my time away from Boston down in Orlando. First time at the Universal Orlando parks and I think it's a blast! 80 degree weather in December can't be beat. Thought I'd check in online now that I'm back at the hotel, and looks like not much activity with my "fake internet friends", as my wife calls this thread. Oh well. And my EDD remains static, and my mom's EDD remains TBD.
I’m in a Facebook model y group and a lot of orders seem to just have date range changes. My delivery even changed yesterday. Hopefully more VINs will roll out and less date fluctuations

Reactions: PatrickTM
Picked up my Model Y on Saturday at the Highland Park, Illinois location. It was an odd experience, but the car was in great shape with no issues that I could identify.

I almost had to drive back to Wisconsin to go to my credit union for a cashiers check - they deposited the loan money into a savings account which i transferred into a checking account. After some back and forth they found a way to wire the money.

I did get a text the day before asking if I had a cashiers check and taking me to respond if I did not. I responded twice, but in typical Tesla fashion they did not respond. They also called while I was in the middle of a meeting. I asked them to call back in 30 minutes, which they agreed to do, but did not.

The actual delivery involved me being told my car was at the end of the lot, that I would need to accept the car in the app to get in, then sign the enclosed documents and bring them back or drop them in the outside box. I wasn’t even given the time to walk me to my car.

I was expecting some ability to review the car prior to accepting it, but that was not allowed. The keys were locked in the car on the dashboard.

I asked a random employee what happens if there were issues - I was told I’d then file a ticket in the app and they’d fix any problems.

Luckily there were no problems.

The “customer service” was non existent. It was very odd, and I’m still not confident I made the right choice.

Today i had auto pilot turn off several times and got a message stating the right side b-pillar camera was blocked out but working. It was filled with condensation. I scheduled the next available service appointment in my state - on December 14th, but then got a note back stating that “this is normal, run the heating”. I’d been running the heater for 30 minutes prior to getting in, then another 30 minutes in the car.

As we got in the car to leave an employee told me “make sure to teen your friends to pick up at our location.”

Overall - I’m not sure what to make of this transaction.

On December 4th I picked up my Red MY
It was exactly 80 days from order date.
The pick up process was straightforward, car had no major issues, however one tail light a bit misaligned and a head light is not flush, submitting a service request.
Already put mats, mud flaps and matte screen protector.
My NEMA-1450 shows 32A and charges 30 mi/hr.
Congratulations!!

Good to see Red and tow combination been delivered. I ordered 9/5 and have the same configuration. where are you located? I am in CA, very close to Fremont. This gives me hope that I might get my car soon too.

what kind of mats did you get and from where? What about the mud flaps and screen protector?

I am getting my Wall connector installed tomorrow. Can't wait.

Delivery yesterday 12/5. Car was in outstanding condition. Tiniest of frunk gap differential but certainly not worth adjusting.

Installed OEM mud flaps at the delivery center in less than 5 minutes and then made the 2 hour drive home....actually my wife made the 2 hour drive home since its her car while I followed in the Toyota.

Today she installed the Abstract Ocean matte screen protector and synced up the Tesla key fob. Tomorrow we're installing Abstract Ocean PPF in front of rear wheels the OEM roof racks.

So far its great...but a lot to learn!
Congratulations! What is the benefit to install Abstract Ocean matte screen protector?

Picked up my Model Y on Saturday at the Highland Park, Illinois location. It was an odd experience, but the car was in great shape with no issues that I could identify.

I almost had to drive back to Wisconsin to go to my credit union for a cashiers check - they deposited the loan money into a savings account which i transferred into a checking account. After some back and forth they found a way to wire the money.

I did get a text the day before asking if I had a cashiers check and taking me to respond if I did not. I responded twice, but in typical Tesla fashion they did not respond. They also called while I was in the middle of a meeting. I asked them to call back in 30 minutes, which they agreed to do, but did not.

The actual delivery involved me being told my car was at the end of the lot, that I would need to accept the car in the app to get in, then sign the enclosed documents and bring them back or drop them in the outside box. I wasn’t even given the time to walk me to my car.

I was expecting some ability to review the car prior to accepting it, but that was not allowed. The keys were locked in the car on the dashboard.

I asked a random employee what happens if there were issues - I was told I’d then file a ticket in the app and they’d fix any problems.

The “customer service” was non existent. It was very odd, and I’m still not confident I made the right choice.

Today i had auto pilot turn off several times and got a message stating the right side b-pillar camera was blocked out but working. It was filled with condensation. I scheduled the next available service appointment in my state - on December 14th, but then got a note back stating that “this is normal, run the heating”. I’d been running the heater for 30 minutes prior to getting in, then another 30 minutes in the car.

As we got in the car to leave an employee told me “make sure to teen your friends to pick up at our location.”

Congratulations on your new car! I’m appreciate for your sharing delivery experience. Tesla should have person helping customer in delivery

Reactions: Spookynick

Here is a pretty helpful link.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I had my order on hold about a year for my Y and pulled the trigger last month. Today I get a text that says they have not heard form me (never contacted) and if they don't soon my order will go "on hold". Strange. Then I go to my actual order page and it is on hold. I click the order on hold button and my order goes back to the same delivery date and is says "2018 long range" LOL! Anyone see this? This is the opposite of what they were sayin about canceling orders on hold but mine was already an active order.

I'm scheduled to get my MY this Thursday and I too am holding off making the final payment until I inspect the car myself, and I'll need to get inside the car to do that. I'm hoping they don't fight me too much, but $61K is a lot of money to spend on something I've not inspected or seen in person first.

I'm scheduled to get my MY this Thursday and I too am holding off making the final payment until I inspect the car myself, and I'll need to get inside the car to do that. I'm hoping they don't fight me too much, but $61K is a lot of money to spend on something I've not inspected or seen in person first.
A smart lawyer should file a class action for this dirty business practice of paying in full and accepting the car before allowed to inspect the car. If the initial build quality was good it would not matter. I have been horrified reading experiences of people on Tesla forums. I just hope my car has no issues.

what kind of mats did you get and from where? What about the mud flaps and screen protector?
Initially I wanted 3d maxpider, but eventually turned to tesmanian and pretty happy with it - the combination of fit, feel and price. And the set includes frunk, trunk, cabin and cargo.
Screen protector - matte spigen. I think the most important factor for me was the plastic guide that comes with it which makes the installation extremely easy. Fingerprints are almost gone, and there is no glare.
Mud flaps - Basenor

And I'm in NC