Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model Y on Saturday at the Highland Park, Illinois location. It was an odd experience, but the car was in great shape with no issues that I could identify.

I almost had to drive back to Wisconsin to go to my credit union for a cashiers check - they deposited the loan money into a savings account which i transferred into a checking account. After some back and forth they found a way to wire the money.

I did get a text the day before asking if I had a cashiers check and taking me to respond if I did not. I responded twice, but in typical Tesla fashion they did not respond. They also called while I was in the middle of a meeting. I asked them to call back in 30 minutes, which they agreed to do, but did not.

The actual delivery involved me being told my car was at the end of the lot, that I would need to accept the car in the app to get in, then sign the enclosed documents and bring them back or drop them in the outside box. I wasn’t even given the time to walk me to my car.

I was expecting some ability to review the car prior to accepting it, but that was not allowed. The keys were locked in the car on the dashboard.

I asked a random employee what happens if there were issues - I was told I’d then file a ticket in the app and they’d fix any problems.

Luckily there were no problems.

The “customer service” was non existent. It was very odd, and I’m still not confident I made the right choice.

Today i had auto pilot turn off several times and got a message stating the right side b-pillar camera was blocked out but working. It was filled with condensation. I scheduled the next available service appointment in my state - on December 14th, but then got a note back stating that “this is normal, run the heating”. I’d been running the heater for 30 minutes prior to getting in, then another 30 minutes in the car.

As we got in the car to leave an employee told me “make sure to teen your friends to pick up at our location.”

Overall - I’m not sure what to make of this transaction.
I have the same SC, hope my experience is better.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Initially I wanted 3d maxpider, but eventually turned to tesmanian and pretty happy with it - the combination of fit, feel and price. And the set includes frunk, trunk, cabin and cargo.
Screen protector - matte spigen. I think the most important factor for me was the plastic guide that comes with it which makes the installation extremely easy. Fingerprints are almost gone, and there is no glare.
Mud flaps - Basenor

And I'm in NC
I went with Tesmanian. It bends easily for access to the trunk. Second it has good coverage for snow and wet regions, particularly for front row area.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I don’t think I’ve posted here since the day I took delivery, but wanted to drop an update after a week & a half of ownership.

I flat out love the car. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned personally. I’m always tryna find excuses to drive it, and so does my wife. Lol it’s so quick, and autopilot (once you learn to trust it) is super convenient & a stress reliever in heavy traffic.

The charger pulls a full 48A (reaching peaks of ~47mi/hr charge) from my wall connector & based on the app can currently charge up to a max of 330 miles, which I’ve only done once right before a road trip to MD (the day I got it 😅). Other than that I’ve been switching between 80% & 90%.

So far I’ve gotten a ceramic coat on the car & I have a tint job scheduled for next week. Also on day one installed a Spigen glass matte screen protector and Tesla Shields mud flaps, as well as a Tesla Shields under seat storage. Every one of these installs have a clean finish. Still waiting on my floor mats & trunk/frunk mats from Tesla Shields, but the OEM carpet mats will do fine for now.

Yesterday I took delivery of my Quick Bandit front license plate mount and this also looks super clean. Mounts to the little grill underneath your front bumper, and your license plate sits directly in front of your bumper without ever coming into contact with it. And today I should be taking delivery of my Tesla center console trays.

Here are links to all the mentioned adds (and I am in no way sponsored by any of these brands, just sharing my experience):
Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector
Tesla Shields Mud Flaps
Tesla Shields Under Seat Storage
Quick Bandit Front License Plate Mount

Attachments

• 93F3C6AB-8566-48F0-AB7A-C1D5C6683EAD.png
    93F3C6AB-8566-48F0-AB7A-C1D5C6683EAD.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 714B7262-E8AA-4A78-96A2-F6A5E73364AB.jpeg
    714B7262-E8AA-4A78-96A2-F6A5E73364AB.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 75
  • AFDD7850-670D-4B83-8375-D2AB18F486BA.jpeg
    AFDD7850-670D-4B83-8375-D2AB18F486BA.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 79
  • 769C3576-5E34-45A6-B8C3-57A19BABCA55.jpeg
    769C3576-5E34-45A6-B8C3-57A19BABCA55.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 9250919D-FF6A-4182-AC5D-FBF138C37916.jpeg
    9250919D-FF6A-4182-AC5D-FBF138C37916.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 75CCB1FD-BEA9-48E7-9934-F63AC2C921ED.jpeg
    75CCB1FD-BEA9-48E7-9934-F63AC2C921ED.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 71
I don’t think I’ve posted here since the day I took delivery, but wanted to drop an update after a week & a half of ownership.

I flat out love the car. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned personally. I’m always tryna find excuses to drive it, and so does my wife. Lol it’s so quick, and autopilot (once you learn to trust it) is super convenient & a stress reliever in heavy traffic.

The charger pulls a full 48A (reaching peaks of ~47mi/hr charge) from my wall connector & based on the app can currently charge up to a max of 330 miles, which I’ve only done once right before a road trip to MD (the day I got it 😅). Other than that I’ve been switching between 80% & 90%.

So far I’ve gotten a ceramic coat on the car & I have a tint job scheduled for next week. Also on day one installed a Spigen glass matte screen protector and Tesla Shields mud flaps, as well as a Tesla Shields under seat storage. Every one of these installs have a clean finish. Still waiting on my floor mats & trunk/frunk mats from Tesla Shields, but the OEM carpet mats will do fine for now.

Yesterday I took delivery of my Quick Bandit front license plate mount and this also looks super clean. Mounts to the little grill underneath your front bumper, and your license plate sits directly in front of your bumper without ever coming into contact with it. And today I should be taking delivery of my Tesla center console trays.

Here are links to all the mentioned adds (and I am in no way sponsored by any of these brands, just sharing my experience):
Tesla Shields Mud Flaps
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Enjoy your new ride.

Tesla Shields Mud Flaps
Everyone talks about a front plate mount. What does it look like without that everyone is getting one?

I ordered my LR MY in October 2021. I kept the standard items and my delivery date was initially August of 2022. Now its September of 2022. I guess I'm okay with this but I'm really hoping for the 4860s otherwise this long of a wait isn't really worth it.

No its a 5 seater. I did not do any updates though. It was white exterior, black interior. I think they were prioritizing any single update (like tow hitch, exterior/interior color, ect) and they would have moved this up to May.
You got that right. No update moves you back of the line. OD: 10/9 EDD:Feb-March 28. Gray with white interior 7 seater.

Last edited:
No its a 5 seater. I did not do any updates though. It was white exterior, black interior. I think they were prioritizing any single update (like tow hitch, exterior/interior color, ect) and they would have moved this up to May.
Ok this may be a stupid question. Is your profile complete? Payment method selected? No way a basic configuration should be that long.

Payment method must Be selected for your profile to be complete. I would suggest just selecting cash, if you want to change to finance later, too so after you get your VIN

if you open our app do you see "We'll Notify you when its time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks." (above VIEW button) or do you see something else ?

Ok this may be a stupid question. Is your profile complete? Payment method selected? No way a basic configuration should be that long.

Payment method must Be selected for your profile to be complete. I would suggest just selecting cash, if you want to change to finance later, too so after you get your VIN
Good call. i had not selected my payment method because i did not want to pick which one i wanted to do yet. i went ahead and did that but even after that i'm still seeing:

Estimated delivery: September​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

Good call. i had not selected my payment method because i did not want to pick which one i wanted to do yet. i went ahead and did that but even after that i'm still seeing:

Estimated delivery: September​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Don’t worry, check tomorrow and I bet you it updates. I’m sure their algorithm runs over the X number of times a day

Tesla Shields Mud Flaps
How do you like the under seat storage? It is one of the very few accessories I have yet to purchase.