Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eli knows his Tesla info.
Either that or he’s just a parrot! 😆
Were the mud-flaps easy to install without taking the wheels off?
They absolutely were. Just had to pop three snaps off inside the wheel well and replace em with the ones that come with the flaps during install. The flaps I have didn’t come with any install instructions, but after watching one YT vid it was pretty simple. Absolutely no need to remove your wheels. Might help to turn your front wheel outward tho to give more space in the wheel well, but that’s about it.
Your wife sounds like mine when talking about the waving. While it may not be much of a thing now, the Tesla wave was most definitely a thing when I first got the S in 2015. Waves and light flashes whenever we crossed paths.
I can definitely see it being a thing when there were a lot less on the road! And back when I had a Wrangler, my wife used to get super annoyed whenever I did the Jeep Wave 😆

Last edited:
As a current Wrangler owner waiting on my MYP, I’ll probably catch myself waving at all the other MY’s for a while….might just make it a thing.
Even as a former Wrangler owner, I still get the urge to do it when driving my MY! It’s definitely tempting lol if it becomes a thing I’d be all for it!

Good Morning folks. I just uploaded my MY delivery experience from a couple weeks ago to YouTube yesterday. Hope you enjoy it!
Awesome video, thanks for sharing this… makes me excited for the 7 seater. What a handsome little man, too, love seeing him crawl around. I was cracking up at the accidentally ejection, it looked like the car just said “nope”. We call those learning moments for the kids, hah.

Awesome video, thanks for sharing this… makes me excited for the 7 seater. What a handsome little man, too, love seeing him crawl around. I was cracking up at the accidentally ejection, it looked like the car just said “nope”. We call those learning moments for the kids, hah.
Thanks! Yeah that was indeed the car striking back for walking all over the seats, he’ll definitely stay clear of the folding seats from now on! Lol

I have to believe the last east coast shipments have been sent and now we will mostly see west of the Mississippi deliveries. I just hope the new batteries offer more range.
Don’t expect new 4689 batteries when Austin starts up. It will be a few months, at least. Also, since they need to slowly ramp up production in Austin, I still foresee East Coast getting MY from Fremont. Not as many, but some.

Don’t expect new 4689 batteries when Austin starts up. It will be a few months, at least. Also, since they need to slowly ramp up production in Austin, I still foresee East Coast getting MY from Fremont. Not as many, but some.
Yup, it will be little more than a trickle from Austin in the first quarter. The batteries much latter.
In any case, the front casting could be more important than the batteries...