Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one really knows how Tesla determines the EDDs. Your best bet is to look here at the MYLR October Waiting Room, you will get a better idea of where orders around when you ordered are scheduled to deliver. Please know, this does not mean you will take delivery at this time. There have been May orders who got their MYLRs after October orders (who somehow got theirs in 4 weeks), so it is a crapshoot. But that waiting room will help you understand if June is where most people are, or is it more likely yours will get bumped closer.
that was an interesting read....the range of delivery dates for people who ordered within 30 days (+,-) me is between (delivered a few weeks ago through June '22 like me..

Reactions: samori01
I recently took delivery of my MYLR (white/19"/fsd/tow). OD 08/08/20 - took off hold 11/28 after getting the cancellation email. I instantly got a VIN, set up financing + insurance and scheduled delivery. on 12/1 the VIN disappeared as did the delivery schedule, I was told they put me back on hold for some reason, EDD moved to 12/10-12/31. A week later it moved to 12/31-01/29. Then on 12/09 a VIN appeared. I went to the SC and they confirmed it was real and scheduled the delivery for 12/10.

I'm lucky enough to live close to a SC where the team was amazing, trying to figure out what was going on over phone was a nightmare. The car came with PPF, and they said mud flaps are on the way!

Anyone else have a TBD estimated delivery? Ordered Performance model 11/29, EDD showed December (no specific date range), changed to TBD about a week later. Profile is complete, selected cash until I get my VIN. No advisor assigned yet, either. I am doing carrier-direct to New Mexico though, don't know if that puts any delays on things. Sad to see, ready for my car!
I had a similar situation, I added Carrier Direct when my EDD said January and was flipping between end of Dec and Jan/Feb. About 3 days later my EDD went to TBD for about 2-3 weeks, then magically I got matched with a VIN around the 6th of December. It was a 2021 VIN and I don’t have a charger installed yet, so I pushed it to a hold and should come off in early January (at which point I’d be in the front of the line, according to the customer service rep I spoke to with). I believe the Carrier Direct shifted my priority up and my EDD to TBD. Figured I’d share because there is hope you’ll get a VIN assigned on or before your previous date, good luck!

hi all new here...I"m trying to understand what to expect in terms of delivery times...having read this thread I'm even more confused. I ordered my MY LR on 9/17 with an initial delivery date of Feb/March...then on 10/19 saw that my date slipped to June and realized I hadn't completed all the application stuff. then my date moved to April/May (forget the exact day of month it stated), then it moved to Jan 4 /Feb 6, where it stayed for a while and now it just says June. WTF is this?...I was prepared for the initial 4 to 6 months wait the salesman told me to expect, but now it says 9 months? Is that real? I just sold my car thinking my MY would be here as soon as Jan 4. now it's June. really not happy with how this is being handled. I just called my sales man and he confirmed that all my paperwork is complete and fully ordered since 10/19 and said he'd put me on the list in case someone refuses delivery.

I"m not really sure that I'd accept a different configuration after having to order and wait so long but who knows
When the EDD says a generic month, it’s usually a placeholder. Usually happens at end of month/quarter when they are working on recalculating EDDs. Could be a day or a week before it updates.
That’s what I’ve noticed from the time I’ve been on this forum.

Anyone else have a TBD estimated delivery? Ordered Performance model 11/29, EDD showed December (no specific date range), changed to TBD about a week later. Profile is complete, selected cash until I get my VIN. No advisor assigned yet, either. I am doing carrier-direct to New Mexico though, don't know if that puts any delays on things. Sad to see, ready for my car!
Yes. Mine is the same way. Join us over in the New Mexico waiting room!

By carrier direct. What do you mean? My EDD only disappeared after they moved my delivery center from CO to Nambe Falls. But so far in the process I haven’t had any option to talk about home delivery.

By carrier direct. What do you mean? My EDD only disappeared after they moved my delivery center from CO to Nambe Falls. But so far in the process I haven’t had any option to talk about home delivery.
Carrier Direct is a shipping service you can pay for if you want the car delivered outside of their home delivery area. In my case it’s a 4 hour drive each way since I can’t pick up in MA or NY, which is well worth the $750 flat rate (although I’d prefer not to have to pay it, that’s what you get living in Diet Canada).

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have two questions if you guys might be able to help:

1) If I order one of these showroom vehicles from Discord that has FSD, can I cancel the FSD and get that money refunded? Or do I have to live with it?

2) On the Tesla website under "Prepare for Delivery" it is asking me for a USA driver's license. I only have a Dubai license at the moment and am planning to trade it for a USA license only once I get back to the states in January. What should I do? Leave this info unfilled? Will this delay my car?

Thanks if you can help!

I have two questions if you guys might be able to help:

1) If I order one of these showroom vehicles from Discord that has FSD, can I cancel the FSD and get that money refunded? Or do I have to live with it?

2) On the Tesla website under "Prepare for Delivery" it is asking me for a USA driver's license. I only have a Dubai license at the moment and am planning to trade it for a USA license only once I get back to the states in January. What should I do? Leave this info unfilled? Will this delay my car?

Thanks if you can help!
For 1, you can have it removed before you buy. Probably not after
For 2, you should contact Tesla support on that one

I had a Dec 13-27 EDD that became Jan 26-Feb 23. At which point I decided that my December has freed up and I can make some travel plans. On Sunday Dec 12, I get a text from Tesla to prepare for delivery. I respond by email to my SA saying that I am physically not able to take delivery, and can do so only on Jan 3. Then the SA texts me if I don’t respond by scheduling a date my order will be canceled. I call the 1888 number and ask for a hold. They said a hold can’t be put once a VIN is assigned, and I have to work with my SA, but they end up transferring me and I speak to someone else in my delivery office who says that if I don’t do anything the VIN goes to someone else and I will not have to worry.

Then next day (48 hours from the first text), I see a hold till April 2022 with an “I am ready button”. Then later that day, I see EDD Dec 14-19. Then yesterday I get a new VIN again. I called the SA this time and I made it clear that I want to take in-person delivery of the vehicle and they cannot be arbitrarily assigning EDDs and asking people to take delivery way sooner than that and jerking people’s lives around. I said I have 30 days to complete my order which starts Dec 12 ( date of first notification), and so put me on hold till Jan 3. He said he will get back to me on what he can do.

So long story short, be prepared for anything.

Does anyone have any advice here? After paying nearly 60K for a car, the least they can do is make it possible to take delivery in person in a relaxed manner! Is it true that you cannot get a hold put once you get a VIN?

• Informative
Reactions: leaftoy

Hello fellow New Mexican. I guess it just took a couple of comments on some forums for the luck to come in - VIN got assigned to me just a few minutes ago, 2022 VIN it appears. Good luck!!

I had a similar situation, I added Carrier Direct when my EDD said January and was flipping between end of Dec and Jan/Feb. About 3 days later my EDD went to TBD for about 2-3 weeks, then magically I got matched with a VIN around the 6th of December. It was a 2021 VIN and I don’t have a charger installed yet, so I pushed it to a hold and should come off in early January (at which point I’d be in the front of the line, according to the customer service rep I spoke to with). I believe the Carrier Direct shifted my priority up and my EDD to TBD. Figured I’d share because there is hope you’ll get a VIN assigned on or before your previous date, good luck!

Thanks for the information. You were right. My TBD EDD was set for about two weeks but woke up to a VIN!

Hello fellow New Mexican. I guess it just took a couple of comments on some forums for the luck to come in - VIN got assigned to me just a few minutes ago, 2022 VIN it appears. Good luck!!

Thanks for the information. You were right. My TBD EDD was set for about two weeks but woke up to a VIN!
Woohoo! Congrats, that’s an exciting update.

Reactions: butYtho
I had a Dec 13-27 EDD that became Jan 26-Feb 23. At which point I decided that my December has freed up and I can make some travel plans. On Sunday Dec 12, I get a text from Tesla to prepare for delivery. I respond by email to my SA saying that I am physically not able to take delivery, and can do so only on Jan 3. Then the SA texts me if I don’t respond by scheduling a date my order will be canceled. I call the 1888 number and ask for a hold. They said a hold can’t be put once a VIN is assigned, and I have to work with my SA, but they end up transferring me and I speak to someone else in my delivery office who says that if I don’t do anything the VIN goes to someone else and I will not have to worry.

Then next day (48 hours from the first text), I see a hold till April 2022 with an “I am ready button”. Then later that day, I see EDD Dec 14-19. Then yesterday I get a new VIN again. I called the SA this time and I made it clear that I want to take in-person delivery of the vehicle and they cannot be arbitrarily assigning EDDs and asking people to take delivery way sooner than that and jerking people’s lives around. I said I have 30 days to complete my order which starts Dec 12 ( date of first notification), and so put me on hold till Jan 3. He said he will get back to me on what he can do.

Does anyone have any advice here? After paying nearly 60K for a car, the least they can do is make it possible to take delivery in person in a relaxed manner! Is it true that you cannot get a hold put once you get a VIN?
"Cancel/change your December plans or we will cancel your order and keep the order fee"? Nice customer service!

The rules have somewhat changed with people putting orders on hold for the build better bill. Tesla keeps making cars and people are placing them on hold so they’re no longer so friendly with putting cars on hold. With Tesla, it’s timing and who you talk to. They can change the rules overnight without warning and a lot of time, no one there knows what the rules are. Pretty frustrating

Reactions: PatrickTM
The rules have somewhat changed with people putting orders on hold for the build better bill. Tesla keeps making cars and people are placing them on hold so they’re no longer so friendly with putting cars on hold. With Tesla, it’s timing and who you talk to. They can change the rules overnight without warning and a lot of time, no one there knows what the rules are. Pretty frustrating
It is one thing to go after long time holders who obviously ordered way before they needed the car and I have no problem with Tesla forcing them to take delivery or lose the order. But telling someone who (I am guessing based on order date) has never been on hold and whose original EDD was in January (again guessing) that their vacation during the time of the year many people go on vacation is not convenient to Tesla and they need to take delivery or have their order cancelled is a bit much.

That’s literally what they told me - and then after I got everything ready, they put my order on hold without my asking, delaying my delivery and screwing up my holiday plans. Going to an SC in person might have helped my case, but it all felt very random and disorganized. I got my car in the end, but customer service (at least over phone) was the worst.

Wow! That is insane and so so wrong on Teslas part..now I am worried with my plans. My initial EDD was 17th Dec - 6th January, but, a couple weeks back it changed to 31st Dec - 28th Jan, thats when I made plans of vacation. My vacation plan is now from 25th Dec to 30th Dec. I hope this does not screw my vacation..arghhhh!

I have two orders, one with EDD of Feb 11 to Mar 11, and order #2 that's been TBD for weeks.

Got a phone call today regarding order #2, it's ready to be picked up. NOW. TODAY. They said I can take it or leave it (no cancellation threat), but he has to schedule me within the next 30 minutes for this afternoon or tomorrow. Guy on the phone was nice about it but damn, that's some serious pressure for me to get funding, insurance, etc. figured out as I am multitasking trying to get work competed and pack to fly to the west coast, leaving town tomorrow. He sent me a text right after the call, and I texted back respectfully asking to wait for the next VIN if possible, ideally one with more than a few minutes of advance notice, so I can reschedule my work, take leave, etc. to make the drive to the delivery center.

No response. Hmm...

Continuation of my thoughts from previous post:

I was very surprised when I got the call from Tesla (Caller ID: Tesla Inc) and did not expect them have a car ready for pick up. I thought it'd be checking on financing, registration, or try to sell me solar or something. But next time I'll be more prepared to ask questions when they offer me an inventory VIN. Like was it a demo? VIN #, any mileage or test drives, repairs, that type of thing. I know typically towards EoQ they'll be trying to move cars, including existing inventory.

I have two orders, one with EDD of Feb 11 to Mar 11, and order #2 that's been TBD for weeks.

Got a phone call today regarding order #2, it's ready to be picked up. NOW. TODAY. They said I can take it or leave it (no cancellation threat), but he has to schedule me within the next 30 minutes for this afternoon or tomorrow. Guy on the phone was nice about it but damn, that's some serious pressure for me to get funding, insurance, etc. figured out as I am multitasking trying to get work competed and pack to fly to the west coast, leaving town tomorrow. He sent me a text right after the call, and I texted back respectfully asking to wait for the next VIN if possible, ideally one with more than a few minutes of advance notice, so I can reschedule my work, take leave, etc. to make the drive to the delivery center.

No response. Hmm...
Honestly pretty sad. Do they honestly think that the people that can afford these cars are just sitting around waiting on them and can react within 36 hours to pick up a car. They have to be joking. I understand the line is a mile long to buy the car that you turn down but this is just plain ridiculous.

Honestly pretty sad. Do they honestly think that the people that can afford these cars are just sitting around waiting on them and can react within 36 hours to pick up a car. They have to be joking. I understand the line is a mile long to buy the car that you turn down but this is just plain ridiculous.
Actually yes I'm one of the people sitting around 'hitting F5' just waiting for a delivery offer. I ordered MYP because I'm impatient. It is frustrating watching people discuss putting off taking delivery for reasons not related to their ability to take delivery. Please send the vehicles my way!