Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
đź‘Ś
What do you think about the York? It looks smaller than model S York?
To test the yoke i am currently in a 500 mile road trip and honestly i didnt feel awkward or miss the regular steering wheel...you will realize that you have so much real estate in front of you...i dont know about the S but any bigger than this would be a bit difficult to hold as it will be bigger than your shoulder width

Reactions: Lasky
let me know your thoughts
There’s so much awesomeness in these pictures. Love the light choice with those mats, it looks so cozy actually. Perfect cause it’s cold outside right now! I also like the yoke, you’ve done a heck of a job. To me, that’s one of the best parts of car ownership; Making it YOURS. You nailed it.

Gotta say though, my favorite part is the fact that the airbag warning label is still attached over there. So. Epic! (Seriously, I dig weird things like that haha)

Be safe on your trip!

Reactions: LATimes and Rovin
There’s so much awesomeness in these pictures. Love the light choice with those mats, it looks so cozy actually. Perfect cause it’s cold outside right now! I also like the yoke, you’ve done a heck of a job. To me, that’s one of the best parts of car ownership; Making it YOURS. You nailed it.

Gotta say though, my favorite part is the fact that the airbag warning label is still attached over there. So. Epic! (Seriously, I dig weird things like that haha)

Be safe on your trip!
Thanks so much...for some weird reason after owning a few Bimmers it never occurred me to decorate so much in the car...for any trip i hands down prefer taking MY than my bmw...

Reactions: LATimes
To test the yoke i am currently in a 500 mile road trip and honestly i didnt feel awkward or miss the regular steering wheel...you will realize that you have so much real estate in front of you...i dont know about the S but any bigger than this would be a bit difficult to hold as it will be bigger than your shoulder width
Is making a right angle turn not difficult with your yoke? I mean where do hold it. Based on Geometry the outside of the corner would be at a much higher point that a circular shape. Yoke looks nice on a straight road for visibility/functional reasons, but these would end for any turn more than 30 degrees. That is what I am visualizing from my arm chair. Would love too get your honest feedback on the functionality of it. Aesthetically and for the novelty aspect, it is excellent for sure.

Reactions: LATimes
Anyone else noticed in the Google sheet, from an average of 4-5 orders every day or two, the orders are now averaging 4-5 a week. Successive price increases and the long waiting times have finally cooled the demand. Which is good. Tesla can focus on quality issues before Lexus, BMW and Mercedes and other luxury manufacturers lure back their customers to providing an EV with cars their customers are comfortable with while ensuring top quality. I have never witnessed the parade of poor build and finish quality at delivery. Missing bolts etc., is just something luxury car buyers rarely if ever see. Elon needs to pay attention to quality and overall experience of buyers. They have a great product but it is time to focus on all aspects of the customer experience when some one is paying a total bill north of $60k. My last 3 SUVs were Lexus because of the excellent build quality. The infotainment system was horrible and that is when I started looking around and was amazed seeing what Tesla has to offer. If Tesla can focus on quality and buyer experience they can continue to grow even when every manufacturer is building an EV in 3 years.

Anyone else noticed in the Google sheet, from an average of 4-5 orders every day or two, the orders are now averaging 4-5 a week. Successive price increases and the long waiting times have finally cooled the demand. Which is good. Tesla can focus on quality issues before Lexus, BMW and Mercedes and other luxury manufacturers lure back their customers to providing an EV with cars their customers are comfortable with while ensuring top quality. I have never witnessed the parade of poor build and finish quality at delivery. Missing bolts etc., is just something luxury car buyers rarely if ever see. Elon needs to pay attention to quality and overall experience of buyers. They have a great product but it is time to focus on all aspects of the customer experience when some one is paying a total bill north of $60k. My last 3 SUVs were Lexus because of the excellent build quality. The infotainment system was horrible and that is when I started looking around and was amazed seeing what Tesla has to offer. If Tesla can focus on quality and buyer experience they can continue to grow even when every manufacturer is building an EV in 3 years.
I appreciate / agree with a lot of your comments - but just don't think the spreadsheet is a reflection of cooled demand... The spreadsheet has too small of a sample database with inherent biases.

You might look at delivery times for a new order as a possible leading indicator of demand... But even that is highly uncertain - the delay could even include a time of integrating Austin and Fremont production (a purposeful slow down or shutdown),

truck headed eastbound on i-90, outside of Seattle. Maybe some lucky folks in East WA, ID, MT??

PXL_20211219_174303306.jpg

I just saw an "inventory" vehicle (3 miles, so really brand new)2022 MYLR in my exact config. I mean everything. But offered on the Tesla inventory site. 6k more than I will pay so I couldn't pull the trigger. But how...how is a brand new 2022, in anyone's exact spec (who is waiting for a vehicle) be offered as inventory, before being sent to the person waiting?? This is pretty upsetting.

I just saw an "inventory" vehicle (3 miles, so really brand new)2022 MYLR in my exact config. I mean everything. But offered on the Tesla inventory site. 6k more than I will pay so I couldn't pull the trigger. But how...how is a brand new 2022, in anyone's exact spec (who is waiting for a vehicle) be offered as inventory, before being sent to the person waiting?? This is pretty upsetting.
Could've been destined to be a demo and they changed their mind... Tesla is selling every car they have to fill orders.

And maybe some last minute 2021 4th quarter Tesla profit padding with many of those vehicles being sold with the $10k FSD option. Even then buyers are lapping them up.

Reactions: samori01