Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw an "inventory" vehicle (3 miles, so really brand new)2022 MYLR in my exact config. I mean everything. But offered on the Tesla inventory site. 6k more than I will pay so I couldn't pull the trigger. But how...how is a brand new 2022, in anyone's exact spec (who is waiting for a vehicle) be offered as inventory, before being sent to the person waiting?? This is pretty upsetting.
Its probably a car that someone could not take delivery of, or they rejected delivery. There probably wasn’t a matching order for that location so it goes up for sale. They won’t incur the expense of re-shipping it elsewhere. They know it will sell within minutes.

People waiting for your delivery..I have a task for you to keep you busy and forget the delivery date anxiety for a while..think about the different ways you can modify your Y both interior and exterior..here’s mine for reference and let me know your thoughts
cool pics! what is small screen on top of your yoke? can you post name and links to the accessories when u get a chance?. Thanks

Just got a VIN 348xxx assigned right now at 6 o’clock on a Sunday. OD 10/24 MYP Black/White No Tow No FSD. EDD 12/20 - 12/24. I’m in the Bay Area. EDD slipped to Jan/Feb yesterday and back to Dec today then a VIN. Boy am I glad that shithead Manchin announced that this morning. I would have deferred this VIN. Now I need to sell my 2021 MYLR.

Its probably a car that someone could not take delivery of, or they rejected delivery. There probably wasn’t a matching order for that location so it goes up for sale. They won’t incur the expense of re-shipping it elsewhere. They know it will sell within minutes.
Yea…they don’t ship after a certain time of EOQ….still maddening

How often does Tesla push back its delivery date? My lease is expiring this month and I need a replacement car. I have been wanting to get a Tesla but even when I ordered my Model 3 using the tricks on How to get a Tesla Fast, I still won't get my car until the end of February next year.

I saw that there is a new car subscription service for Tesla so I put $100 down to reserve as spot. I don't know whether I will be within their first batch of subscribers to get the car soon. What else do you guys recommend I do to get around while I wait for my Tesla? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere -- I am new to this forum. I am in SoCal.

Just got a VIN 348xxx assigned right now at 6 o’clock on a Sunday. OD 10/24 MYP Black/White No Tow No FSD. EDD 12/20 - 12/24. I’m in the Bay Area. EDD slipped to Jan/Feb yesterday and back to Dec today then a VIN. Boy am I glad that shithead Manchin announced that this morning. I would have deferred this VIN. Now I need to sell my 2021 MYLR.
Congrats! Though I would probably keep the 2021 LR with radar over the 2022 cars given the current state of AP/FSD when it comes to "vision-only". Between the much higher incidences of phantom braking and the 80mph max speed limit v.s. 90mph with radar, the AP/FSD experience is likely to be underwhelming compared to your current car.

Congrats! Though I would probably keep the 2021 LR with radar over the 2022 cars given the current state of AP/FSD when it comes to "vision-only". Between the much higher incidences of phantom braking and the 80mph max speed limit v.s. 90mph with radar, the AP/FSD experience is likely to be underwhelming compared to your current car.
We have a vision MY and did not have that much issues with FSD. Subscribed for FSD for a month for thanksgiving trips and only had 1 phantom braking in the ~1000 mile trip. With highway speed limits set to 70, I didn't have to go past 80 so that limit wasn't a problem either and if you need to push it past 80, you can use the pedal.
I want to believe the phantom braking issue is not as rampant as it was initially. Unless we've just been lucky with my wife's MY.

Reactions: preilly44
People waiting for your delivery..I have a task for you to keep you busy and forget the delivery date anxiety for a while..think about the different ways you can modify your Y both interior and exterior..here’s mine for reference and let me know your thoughts
Can you post a link to the dash you have, and was it a self-install? I'm not super excited about having to take my eyes off the road for everything like seeing how fast I'm going.

Can you post a link to the dash you have, and was it a self-install? I'm not super excited about having to take my eyes off the road for everything like seeing how fast I'm going.
hear you, but doesn't seem to bother me. Maybe because this was the dash in the very first car I ever owned personally as a young adult. 1976 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT. Tach right in the front of the wheel, all other info, including speed, was in the secondary gauges in the center console. And of course, in our new cars, a tach is irrelevant. This one is not my car, and I did not have red floor mats. Oh, and my wheel was leather. But the Dash is the same.

@Rovin those mods all look nice and yeah, making a car your own is great. For myself, WRT to the other mods other than the extra dash, I don't want a whole lot of light in the footwells. Just very slight if any. My screen will be in dark mode. I like almost no light in the driver's cabin when I am driving at night when such lighting would even show. I want my eyes ready for what is out in the road, and not distracted, nor closed up, by extraneous inside light. As far as the yoke vs a wheel, I will stick with the wheel for now. if I try a yoke and really like it in a friend's car or something, I can always change later.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.00.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.00.47 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Update on my end - no update in EDD in last 2 months. Stuck at 3/19-4/16

Profile completion was on 10/20, with MYLR Red/Black/Gemini/no tow/no FSD config.
Not gonna lie, that sounds about par for the course when you consider there's a lot of us who ordered in August that have been pushed into January (~5 months).

Not gonna lie, that sounds about par for the course when you consider there's a lot of us who ordered in August that have been pushed into January (~5 months).
Ya, I agree.

I initially ordered on July 7th though, but hadn't completed two aspects - trade in and payment plan. Was not sure if I wanted the car at that point. But then, well, I became more and more into it :)

Well, after getting a VIN last Friday (EDD range at the time was 12/31-1/28), everything happened very quickly and I picked up my car on Saturday. She's absolutely gorgeous and driving her is a dream (her name is Serenity). It would have been nice to have a bit more of a heads-up on the timing, but I can't complain.

My delivery experience was positive, but somewhat different from a lot of the stories I've seen on here. When I got to the Renton DC (just before 4:00 pm on Saturday), I spotted what I thought might be my car in the parking lot, but there were no signs with names. I went inside and told them I was there for a delivery appointment, and someone went out with me to the car and walked me through the paperwork and everything. It was too dark to really inspect everything, but I took a closer look the next day and the only issue I found was scuff on the trim. Road/wind noise on the freeway also seemed louder than what I remembered from my test drive in August. I've got a service appointment scheduled for both items on January 4th.

Now the only problem is that I still have to work, when all I want to do is drive my car and install new accessories...
tempImageyJ1oUq.jpg