Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my order on hold for 2 months and did not go to the “back of the line” when I came off on 1/1. My EDD is just about the same as it was before I went on hold (2/11 - 3/11 for a LR white/black with 19” wheels, ordered 9/25).
I came off at about the same relative distance from my EDD as when I went on. it was about 2 weeks away when I went on, and it's about two weeks away now. I was expecting and hoping I'd be farther back, but it is what it is. I'm not 100% decided but I think most likely I'll just take delivery whenever it comes, and if I have to pay cash I'll just pay cash. I hate 'investing' $60k at 2.5% instead of 8% - 10%, but it's not like it's the end of the world.

'Has anyone confirmed any deliveries in the last few days since EOQ? Wondering if maybe now is the time to retool Fremont so they don’t have different cars being produced in Austin vs Fremont. Bad for business to produce two different types of one model with different specs and sell the, at the same time from different locations. Either they stockpile Austin until Fremont is up to spec or get Fremont up to spec before Austin starts.'

Whenever Austin starts, at least with the 4680s, they absolutely need to designate it as some sort of different model with different specs and higher pricing. Otherwise this same mess will start again with folks refusing Fremont models until they get an Austin one.

'Has anyone confirmed any deliveries in the last few days since EOQ? Wondering if maybe now is the time to retool Fremont so they don’t have different cars being produced in Austin vs Fremont. Bad for business to produce two different types of one model with different specs and sell the, at the same time from different locations. Either they stockpile Austin until Fremont is up to spec or get Fremont up to spec before Austin starts.'

Whenever Austin starts, at least with the 4680s, they absolutely need to designate it as some sort of different model with different specs and higher pricing. Otherwise this same mess will start again with folks refusing Fremont models until they get an Austin one.
Its best not to say anything at all . Just like they did when they changed the 75KW batteries to 82KW. they never said a word.. They lock out the extra capacity and then sometime in the future they will unlock it on the cars that have it. Just like they are doing with the Ryzen chips.

Tesla is going to sell whats cheaper. Its cheaper to manufacturer an austin car , the 4680's are cheaper for the same range and its cheaper to ship cars from austin (to most of the country) . There is no way they wait , besides a good deal of the country will never see an Austin car in 2022. Most places are likely to get deliveries from one plant or the other so waiting for an austin car likely won't be an option.

Its best not to say anything at all . Just like they did when they changed the 75KW batteries to 82KW. they never said a word.. They lock out the extra capacity and then sometime in the future they will unlock it on the cars that have it. Just like they are doing with the Ryzen chips.

Tesla is going to sell whats cheaper. Its cheaper to manufacturer an austin car , the 4680's are cheaper for the same range and its cheaper to ship cars from austin (to most of the country) . There is no way they wait , besides a good deal of the country will never see an Austin car in 2022. Most places are likely to get deliveries from one plant or the other so waiting for an austin car likely won't be an option.
I don't think they should wait, I just think they should price them commensurate with demand to minimize disruption and wait times. it will be a better, more desirable product and should be priced accordingly, at least for the interim until everything has switched over.

And by no means do I think they should remain silent. The megacastings, battery pack, and 4680s represent a 'next level' in EV performance and production, and of course they enable the CT, $25K car, and even the semi. I'm also a Tesla investor, so I want it made clear to the market that competition is shooting at yesterday's target, or as us military folks would say, are preparing for the last war, not the next one. So if Tesla is putting out a car with 450 miles of range and a million mile useful life I want that in big red flashing lights, not buried.

To me, the Ryzen or increased battery are just normal incremental improvements that flow along, but the 4680 and battery pack are a step change in EV capabilities.

I ordered my MY5LR on 12/21 and the EDD still shows as July instead giving a firm range. Is anyone also seeing the same on his/her order?
That isn't out of the ordinary. A lot of times the first EDD is just a month, it will change. Especially with an order in the middle of the EOQ, it will take a few to update yours to a specific date. However, it doesn't matter. The EDD is really just a placeholder. There are some who have EDDs change multiple times (see my signature), and others who have small changes....but I do not know of anyone who had no change and got their car in the original EDD (although there have been some who had multiple changes but eventually got their car in their initial EDD month).

Reactions: PatrickTM
How has it been? As good as I imagine, I hope.
It's been great! This is our first EV, not just our first Tesla, so it's taken some getting used to. But we're happy! Kind of funny, my wife said to me "maybe I should get my own Tesla", which is ironic considering it's technically her vehicle :) I drive it way more than she does so far.

So I'm guessing since you haven't gotten a VIN yet you are a shoo in for an AMD Ryzen based computer, also you get a 2022 VIN, and possibly the double glazed rear glass. I get none of these! But I'm not even mad.

Anyway, best of luck!

Wow, there used to be a time when it wasn't possible to keep up with all the chatter and updates on this thread and now it feels like everything has come to a total standstill! Seems strange to see so few (if any!) reports of deliveries this week. Hope to see more updates and pics popping up so I can live vicariously through the updates till my MYLR makes it to me (still sitting steady with a March EDD at the moment)!

Hey y’all-

Hope the deliveries are coming in regularly and the wait though painful is going well relatively. I’m about 4 weeks into the ownership (after a 4 month wait) and loving it. Looking for reasons to drive the car ;).

Back here to seek some help. DCU screwed up my referral code when I opened my account. They are now saying get a new code, the name of the person that referred you and their member number. Anyone willing to help? If yes, Please PM me and I’ll share my details. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: PatrickTM