Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just had something strange happen. I got the button to acknowledge Tesla vision and on the app (via cell phone, but not on the computer) it shows a VIN starting with 7SA. Does that make any sense? I thought all Tesla VINs started with 5YJ.

Secondly, is getting the Accept Vision button coincident with getting a VIN or is a separate intermediate process?

I've just had something strange happen. I got the button to acknowledge Tesla vision and on the app (via cell phone, but not on the computer) it shows a VIN starting with 7SA. Does that make any sense? I thought all Tesla VINs started with 5YJ.

Secondly, is getting the Accept Vision button coincident with getting a VIN or is a separate intermediate process?
Accepting vision = vin in most cases. And starting with 22, Y's start with 7SAY. Congrats.

Reactions: Wigan
Accepting vision = vin in most cases. And starting with 22, Y's start with 7SAY. Congrats.
Ok, that makes sense, its's 'model year' N, which I know is 2022. I didn't know about the prefix change; I'm glad I'm not getting a Bolt with a Tesla emblem slapped on it! So I guess I have a VIN 354 wherever that falls in the big scheme of things.

I think I've read that when you get matched with a VIN at some stage in the production process. My EDD was the last two weeks of Jan so I guess that makes sense; if it's cranking through now it lines up that maybe it'd be on the east coast around the end of Jan. That'll give me time to get things done; I just hope when I push the button it doesn't tell me I have to pick it up tomorrow!

I know stuff like that was happening in the EOQ rush but hopefully we're past that.

Congrats! You have been Vinned! That means I am not too far behind you as we have been following roughly the same pattern and I have a white on white config but with 7 seats.

Reactions: Wigan
Dec 28 - Dec 31 for many months since ordered, after 1 Jan 2022 EDD moved to Jan 5 - Feb 2 window, this morning it moved to Fed/March window. No previous holds or VINS also profile completed way back on 26th July
Sounds like with Bay Area delivery if you miss a EOQ you get pushed to next? How hard is it to reserve some VINs for local delivery throughout the quarter so that everyone's order is handled roughly in the order received.?

I've seen it referenced here, but now I can't find it. What is the service or process or whatever that Tesla uses to make an electronic debit for your down payment at delivery? Is it something you download, or something that will automatically appear in your account once you've completed your loan?

I've seen it referenced here, but now I can't find it. What is the service or process or whatever that Tesla uses to make an electronic debit for your down payment at delivery? Is it something you download, or something that will automatically appear in your account once you've completed your loan?
It shows up in your profile / order page, there will a link to complete payment. The service that handles their payments is called Plaid. By default Plaid wants your bank account username and password, which I didn't feel comfortable giving, but if you click on "don't see my bank" or something like that, it will take you to a page where you can enter your bank's routing and account numbers. I did this in the parking lot just before I signed all the paperwork to accept delivery on delivery day. You can also pay by cashier's check on delivery day.