Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just “Tesla”. We currently have 2 Lexus SUV’s. One is called Hybrid, the other Rx. if we get a second Tesla, it will be the red Tesla or new Tesla. We recycle cars every 4 years. These cars get new names when sent to CA, such as grandpa’s Acura or dad’s Acura or mom’s Lexus by the grandkids.
I am open to suggestions though. Lucifer?
I'm calling mine Buzz after a Black Vulture I helped raise last year--you wouldn't expect it but they're born all white, just like my car. And of course Buzz is good for electric.

Attachments

• Buzz.jpg
    Buzz.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
Does anyone know what it means if edd has held steady for a few months now?
Depends, what is it? If it has been September for months, it could be something wrong with your profile. If Feb15-March 12, could be your still on track. Mine moved once, for a couple of weeks, then back again to original. Was like that until a few days ago when I went to June, hopefully for Austin re-calucations.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Is it just me or are the VIN numbers are moving much slower than typical Fremont production per day?
With Omicron going around, it wouldn't surprise me if large numbers of workers are out, slowing down production. Or with slight changes to production they have been retooling the line.

Looking at the order tracker, there hasn't been a significant amount of white/black 5 seat VINs since October. Good news is that was beginning of Q4 so maybe we will get some at beginning of Q1.

Reactions: leaftoy
With Omicron going around, it wouldn't surprise me if large numbers of workers are out, slowing down production. Or with slight changes to production they have been retooling the line.

Looking at the order tracker, there hasn't been a significant amount of white/black 5 seat VINs since October. Good news is that was beginning of Q4 so maybe we will get some at beginning of Q1.
I was hoping it is retooling, but looking at Teslike spreadsheet for last quarter, it seems like this is the usual pattern. VIN progression is slow first 10-15 days of the quarter and gradually picks up and last two months of the quarter it speeds up a lot.

UPDATE
My SA wins again! Thankfully Tesla doesn't have my money yet.

Tesla sent me a text informing that delivery would be delayed until Saturday.
After a couple back & forth texts, it's still in Fremont, waiting for a transport truck.
"We will inform you if there's any change in status"

How prescient was my SA ???
I offered to fly up, Uber to Fremont, and take delivery there - if they'd waive the Delivery Fee :)

Que the Radio Silence......

Just “Tesla”. We currently have 2 Lexus SUV’s. One is called Hybrid, the other Rx. if we get a second Tesla, it will be the red Tesla or new Tesla. We recycle cars every 4 years. These cars get new names when sent to CA, such as grandpa’s Acura or dad’s Acura or mom’s Lexus by the grandkids.
I am open to suggestions though. Lucifer?
Damien: OMEN II ????

• Funny
Reactions: 45thParallel
UPDATE
My SA wins again! Thankfully Tesla doesn't have my money yet.

Tesla sent me a text informing that delivery would be delayed until Saturday.
After a couple back & forth texts, it's still in Fremont, waiting for a transport truck.
"We will inform you if there's any change in status"

How prescient was my SA ???
I offered to fly up, Uber to Fremont, and take delivery there - if they'd waive the Delivery Fee :)

Que the Radio Silence......
Never going to happen.

Just for records here and updates.
Was issued a vin for the performance model Y. EDD originally was late march, I was happy with that because we would know more info on gigs Texas and updates to the Y.

Then a few days ago it said Jan 19-feb 2.
Was just issued vin3594XX. My service advisor knows I’m likely to decline as it’s too soon. I am want him to confirm new chip, updated lights, etc.
has anyone heard anything in ventilated front seats? Heated wipers?
Vroom offered my 64k for my LR model Y with 5400miles with tow hitch. (Bought for 51900, and performance on order for 69,900)

Just for records here and updates.
Was issued a vin for the performance model Y. EDD originally was late march, I was happy with that because we would know more info on gigs Texas and updates to the Y.

Then a few days ago it said Jan 19-feb 2.
Was just issued vin3594XX. My service advisor knows I’m likely to decline as it’s too soon. I am want him to confirm new chip, updated lights, etc.
has anyone heard anything in ventilated front seats? Heated wipers?
Vroom offered my 64k for my LR model Y with 5400miles with tow hitch. (Bought for 51900, and performance on order for 69,900)
nothing about lights and seats.

Wipers are coming but unsure when. Most likely start of Q2 it’ll be certain

Reactions: josh62294