Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for records here and updates.
Was issued a vin for the performance model Y. EDD originally was late march, I was happy with that because we would know more info on gigs Texas and updates to the Y.

Then a few days ago it said Jan 19-feb 2.
Was just issued vin3594XX. My service advisor knows I’m likely to decline as it’s too soon. I am want him to confirm new chip, updated lights, etc.
has anyone heard anything in ventilated front seats? Heated wipers?
Vroom offered my 64k for my LR model Y with 5400miles with tow hitch. (Bought for 51900, and performance on order for 69,900)
ALl of the Performance Y's already have the lights only the LR didn't have them

So just as I was writing that, things changed. Was offered a delivery window of 20 -22 and set up delivery for 1:30 on the 22nd. Now my 'complete payment' tab is active; the 'sign documents' and accept delivery terms tabs are still inactive. I assume when I make payment I'll get the opportunity to sign the documents, then when I do that accept the delivery terms.

So it hit my EDD perfectly, and it's still the same VIN assigned to me last week. So all seems to be rolling along well so far.
Congrats!
You must be stoked, ~7 days from now you should be a new owner. How many days was it from your VIN issue to getting that delivery window dates?

And good to see one heading out East. Will it be sent from Austin or Fremont?

Congrats!
You must be stoked, ~7 days from now you should be a new owner. How many days was it from your VIN issue to getting that delivery window dates?

And good to see one heading out East. Will it be sent from Austin or Fremont?
It was about a week after getting the VIN that I got the delivery window, and certainly this is coming from Fremont. It has a build date of 5 Jan.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Coming sooner than we thought?!

Coming sooner than we thought?!

Still not sure this indicates the 4680s, I think they were going to use the 2170. But hope I am wrong

Still not sure this indicates the 4680s, I think they were going to use the 2170. But hope I am wrong
I think they can still use 2170's in the structural pack, they would just need to moodify it to account for the smaller 2170's but if they are making enough 4680's I can't see them not using them . The CT production looks way off so there is no reason to save them.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I think they can still use 2170's in the structural pack, they would just need to moodify it to account for the smaller 2170's but if they are making enough 4680's I can't see them not using them . The CT production looks way off so there is no reason to save them.
SEMI is in prototype production.
The Semi gobbles 4680 batteries for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Only Kato Road is making 4680 battery in production quantities.
Tesla won't be giving them away just yet.
MY battery packs using 4680 will likely remain close to the 82kWh rating currently being delivered.

Unless there's a wrinkle in the playbook, Fremont will likely transition to 4680 shortly, and Austin will start from the beginning with it.
Tesla has many reasons to use 4680 as soon as possible, with reduced production time and cost being the most advantageous.

SEMI is in prototype production.
The Semi gobbles 4680 batteries for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Only Kato Road is making 4680 battery in production quantities.
Tesla won't be giving them away just yet.
MY battery packs using 4680 will likely remain close to the 82kWh rating currently being delivered.

Unless there's a wrinkle in the playbook, Fremont will likely transition to 4680 shortly, and Austin will start from the beginning with it.
Tesla has many reasons to use 4680 as soon as possible, with reduced production time and cost being the most advantageous.
I am hoping those of us that get the 2170 models without the new castings are not getting an inferior car. I am guessing the new updated models will be more of a benefit to Tesla and won’t be too noticeable by the consumer.

I am hoping those of us that get the 2170 models without the new castings are not getting an inferior car. I am guessing the new updated models will be more of a benefit to Tesla and won’t be too noticeable by the consumer.
Total car weight, charging speed, power output, etc I don't expect 2170's in structural packs that's a second complete redesign for a stop gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: tangible1