Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone still have no date range since being forced onto hold and to take the order off hold? Been a month now. I had March-April before they forced it on hold. I have on old reservation I took off hold in about Nov and I had to update trading info but that still says evaluating trade in info.
I have a second Model Y order, which I took off hold mid-December after Tesla issued an ultimatum, has been TBD since the day it came off hold, for over a month now. At one point they asked if I wanted take delivery of a reject before end of year and end of quarter, and gave me less than two days notice. I politely declined - not sure if that any impact to my lack of EDD.

I have a second Model Y order, which I took off hold mid-December after Tesla issued an ultimatum, has been TBD since the day it came off hold, for over a month now. At one point they asked if I wanted take delivery of a reject before end of year and end of quarter, and gave me less than two days notice. I politely declined - not sure if that any impact to my lack of EDD.
One for you and one for the wifey?

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM and BTVev
I just received my MYLR last night and within 2 hours of receiving it the wifey decided she needed to go shopping (taking my new toy in the process). Three hours later she comes home with the declaration that she is no longer interested in buying an ID4 (which she test drove a couple months ago).

I just received my MYLR last night and within 2 hours of receiving it the wifey decided she needed to go shopping (taking my new toy in the process). Three hours later she comes home with the declaration that she is no longer interested in buying an ID4 (which she test drove a couple months ago).
Excited for you guys to get your deliveries! The wait is totally worth it!!!

Sounds like you just lost your new car

Almost! #1 is for the wifey, and #2 will (primarily) be driven by my mom. My mom currently drives a 2005 Accord. She is due for an upgrade and I'll have a sweet car to drive whenever we visit...while I happily daily drive my 2015 Prius.

Order #2 actually just got its very first EDD, ever! Was TBD for almost two months, now May 1 to May 29. Interesting enough, it's a 28 day window rather than a 30 day window. Sig updated with relevant data.

Meet Buzz! Named after a Black Vulture (Buzzard) we called Buzz. Buzz is a perfect name for an electric car, and the black and white is just like Buzz himself!

I know all anybody cares about is which chip I got, and I honestly don't know. I'm 99% sure it's the Intel because Buzz was built on the 5th, but if someone can tell me--in English--how to get whatever that screen it is people show I'll be happy to let you know.

Attachments

• Buzz.jpg
    Buzz.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20220121_171337321.jpg
    IMG_20220121_171337321.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 74
  • Buzz1.jpg
    Buzz1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 64
Meet Buzz! Named after a Black Vulture (Buzzard) we called Buzz. Buzz is a perfect name for an electric car, and the black and white is just like Buzz himself!

I know all anybody cares about is which chip I got, and I honestly don't know. I'm 99% sure it's the Intel because Buzz was built on the 5th, but if someone can tell me--in English--how to get whatever that screen it is people show I'll be happy to let you know.
Congrats dude, hope it went smooth and you are happy with buzz.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Congrats dude, hope it went smooth and you are happy with buzz.
Super smoothly, there was nothing to it. I'd already made the payment and signed all the documents so there was nothing there. I had to sign two papers for registration, accepted delivery in the app, and I was ready to go. They made sure the app updated, which it did and got the phone set up as a key, and that was that. Luckily there was no snow or ice or anything, so that was a non-issue so I decided to not even put on the mudflaps. I put in the floor mats, gave it a very quick look over, probably not even five minutes, and didn't see anything, and was probably gone 30 minutes after I got there. They had tossed it onto the charger so it had about 250 miles when I picked it up so that was a non-issue.

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️
Some decision called Loss prevention cancelled our 7pass Y order because we originally had a 2021 5 pass Y with white seats from adept 2021 and sold it to a dealer by Nov so we could switch to our 7 pass/blk interior.
They said something like ‘you were found to make profit on the resell and according to our MVPA, you cannot order in bad faith or for resell purposes’. Whaaat?

We had our Y for abt 2 months before we realized it wasn’t the trim level we needed so we ended up selling to a 3rd party dealer rather than having multiple buyers coming into our car during Covid. What they offered us on resale was quite shocking but we took it as we needed to make the change.

So now 1 week into delivery of our 7 pass MY…Tesla pulls this ?!
This is unacceptable. We don’t flip cars and we only wanted to upgrade from 5 to 7 and change white to /black int due to kids soccer and constant dirt. This Y is supposed to be our final family SUV.

I’m emailed resolutions but this is ridiculous. We didn’t order the 7 pass for selling it…just to replace the 5 pass. What a mess.

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️
Some decision called Loss prevention cancelled our 7pass Y order because we originally had a 2021 5 pass Y with white seats from adept 2021 and sold it to a dealer by Nov so we could switch to our 7 pass/blk interior.
They said something like ‘you were found to make profit on the resell and according to our MVPA, you cannot order in bad faith or for resell purposes’. Whaaat?

We had our Y for abt 2 months before we realized it wasn’t the trim level we needed so we ended up selling to a 3rd party dealer rather than having multiple buyers coming into our car during Covid. What they offered us on resale was quite shocking but we took it as we needed to make the change.

This is unacceptable. We don’t flip cars and we only wanted to upgrade from 5 to 7 and change white to /black int due to kids soccer and constant dirt. This Y is supposed to be our final family SUV.

I’m emailed resolutions but this is ridiculous. We didn’t order the 7 pass for selling it…just to replace the 5 pass. What a mess.
Man!!! That’s terrible. I see why they did it but honestly it should not matter what you do with your car after you buy it anyway. Hope it resolves for your soon!

Else ordering in spouse’s name is an option? Hope it resolves soon for you though

Man!!! That’s terrible. I see why they did it but honestly it should not matter what you do with your car after you buy it anyway. Hope it resolves for your soon!

Else ordering in spouse’s name is an option? Hope it resolves soon for you though
It’s actually her order. I could order myself but now another 6 months wait and higher price?
We are going to try to resolve this through our local Tesla SC…they’ve known us for 6 yrs now and we’re also quite surprised at this. They will assist and send an email to resolutions to calm this down and let them know what occurred here. What a joke!

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️

That does seem crazy. Maybe the answer is if you buy a car and find you need an upgrade contact the SC first to explain and maybe they have a way of smoothing it out ahead of time. In this case it seems like a no-brainer; you got a completely different configuration. I assume if you were going to use it as a trade-in with Tesla it would have been ok; should be anyhow.

I think in general the policy is good because you don't want flippers buying up all the cars like you see them doing with game boxes on Ebay. It's a good thing to be aware of because I can envision lots of people who bought a car in the last six months might be planning to upgrade to 4680s, etc, whenever it comes out.

That does seem crazy. Maybe the answer is if you buy a car and find you need an upgrade contact the SC first to explain and maybe they have a way of smoothing it out ahead of time. In this case it seems like a no-brainer; you got a completely different configuration. I assume if you were going to use it as a trade-in with Tesla it would have been ok; should be anyhow.

I think in general the policy is good because you don't want flippers buying up all the cars like you see them doing with game boxes on Ebay. It's a good thing to be aware of because I can envision lots of people who bought a car in the last six months might be planning to upgrade to 4680s, etc, whenever it comes out.
Oh I totally agree with the flipper game and catching those who are genuinely just in it for that reason…make it a longer queue line for genuine end users.

In our case, we did nothing wrong and actually did approach our SC about changing it. Advice given? ‘Bro..sell it and buy the config you want. In this market you’ll make some on it’. So many owners were provided this advice lately. Tesla gains …as more sales. Win win. So that’s what we did. Not sure why Tesla cares that we sold a car that WE OWN only to order the one that works for our family needs. And who cares if it was profit, break even or loss…that’s market conditions. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I suspect maybe something to do with our cheaper order price on this 7 pass one? Maybe cancel and hope we order new and pay more? Anyway will see what happens but to be branded something we are not is insulting as it is.

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️

I heard about this a few months ago but I figured it was internet nonsense and would never happen. I do know that if you order multiple vehicles Tesla will contact you and tell you only one order is allowed and ask which you you want to keep. I got this from a used car dealer who tried ordering three model 3 SR last summer when NJ had $5k instant rebates on all EV under $40k

Reactions: boingolover